Scientology not only opposes Valerie Haney’s do-over, but wants $160,000 in sanctions

Karen#1

EXCERPT from blog:
On August 11, a hearing is scheduled at Los Angeles Superior Court for Valerie Haney’s request for a do-over in her kidnapping and libel lawsuit against the Church of Scientology.

If you remember, on January 30 Judge Richard Burdge Jr derailed the lawsuit when he granted Scientology’s motion to compel Valerie to take her grievances to Scientology’s own “religious arbitration.” Scientology had successfully argued that when Valerie left her longtime position with the church, she had signed a contract agreeing to take any complaints to arbitration rather than to a civil court, and Judge Burdge agreed that the contract was binding, even in a case alleging kidnapping, stalking, and slander, much of which had occurred after she left her job with the church.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

EXCERPT from blog:
On August 11, a hearing is scheduled at Los Angeles Superior Court for Valerie Haney’s request for a do-over in her kidnapping and libel lawsuit against the Church of Scientology.

If you remember, on January 30 Judge Richard Burdge Jr derailed the lawsuit when he granted Scientology’s motion to compel Valerie to take her grievances to Scientology’s own “religious arbitration.” Scientology had successfully argued that when Valerie left her longtime position with the church, she had signed a contract agreeing to take any complaints to arbitration rather than to a civil court, and Judge Burdge agreed that the contract was binding, even in a case alleging kidnapping, stalking, and slander, much of which had occurred after she left her job with the church.

Well, with a Comm Ev at least everyone knows its a drumhead court. The problem is that Los Angeles Superior Court is also a drumhead court, though it pretends not to be.

I think there should be some special form of disciplinary actions for judges that sentence anyone to "religious arbitration" with Scientology. Oh and by the way: I'm the utmost expert on special forms of disciplinary actions here.

Last but not least - the amount of money scn spends on lawyers makes me think that money is not the main objective of the church. Their first and foremost goal is and always was control. money is just a means to that end.

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
It is really upsetting to see how the deceitful church of Scientology tricks, lies, manipulates members right from the beginning to sign legal docs without legal representation.
There should be a law enacted to protect victims of religious fraud like Scientology.
It is maddening that the US justice system provides no justice.
This is why we are not going away.
We will be here making it public to the World that Scientology is a cult that is criminal Until it is shut down.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
I feel so bad for Valerie.

I wrote before that I didn't think it was a good idea for her to tangle
in court, but better to just walk away. I was afraid of this outcome.

One can be a critic and strike a blow without tangling mano a mano
in a court, which usually takes some deep pockets to endure and is
not without risk.

Most of us here remain anonymous and do what we do for that reason.

I left over two decades ago and stay 100% clear of ALL scientologists.
They're all trouble, as you know.

Karakorum

Yes, I agree. I would recommend 1-5 years on the RPF for those judges.
That would almost count as "cruel and unusual punishment. Though the RPF is just too common to be considered "unusual".

Type4_PTS

That would almost count as "cruel and unusual punishment. Though the RPF is just too common to be considered "unusual".
Maybe so, but it would be a great way to get them to understand the nature of the CoS.

We can let them out early for good behavior IF they have the right cognition. :D

And of course they would have to then get on the correct routing form that could take months to complete, including a leaving sec check.

Karakorum

Maybe so, but it would be a great way to get them to understand the nature of the CoS.

We can let them out early for good behavior IF they have the right cognition. :D

And of course they would have to then get on the correct routing form that could take months to complete, including a leaving sec check.
If we bring them through the regular routing process they might just give up and stay in Scientology. Which would be horrible! Doesn't scientology have enough lawyers already?