Scientology member Evan Wecksell running for California State Senate District 25 on an anti-vaxx (anti-vaccine) platform

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Scientology member Evan Wecksell running for California State Senate District 25 on an anti-vaxx (anti-vaccine) platform.

Tony Ortega has the story as the second item today, 2/5/20:

Political candidate, comedy routine, or both?

Scientology provides all the proof you need that Narconon is more than ‘tied’ to it | The Underground Bunker

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

As Tony Ortega notes, District 25 is "a solidly Democratic district that includes the cities of Pasadena and Glendale as well as a Democratic incumbent."

I have some more information.

Evan Wecksell is not on the Certified List of Candidates for Voter-Nominated Offices for California State Senate District 25 or any other office:

https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov//statewide-elections/2020-primary/cert-list-candidates.pdf

Ballotpedia confirms he is not an official candidate for California State Senate District 25:

California State Senate elections, 2020 - Ballotpedia

As does Wikipedia:

As Tony Ortega notes, Wecksell is apparently running as a write-in candidate.

Beginning at 1:06 of his Twitter announcement video, he claims "institutionalized discrimination came to us from SB 276, SB 714 and SB 277," the measures that strengthened the mandatory school vaccination law in California, and wants to repeal these measures. He further claims his child is being punished "for being injured by a vaccination." See:

As Tony Ortega indicates, Wecksell's campaign website, such as it is, links to the Libertarian Party platform:

Code:
https://evanwecksell.com/senate/

Candidate for State Senate, District 25

Hello!

Thank you for showing interest in my campaign for state senate. This is very grassroots. So grassroots that I am still getting rolling. A full-fledged campaign website is on its way with my background, issues, volunteer info and how to make donations.

In the meantime, you can check out more about me here (funnyevan.com) or here (evansbreakthroughtutoring.com) or hear my podcast here (awkwardwithevan.com).

Prior to the March 3 primary, the campaign will be more organic relying on word-of-mouth, social media, unique video content, small events and some public appearances. Because the incumbent is running unopposed I hope to create the awareness necessary to advance to the final two and then we roll!

Let’s take back California and remember all rights matter!!

-Evan

Tony Ortega notes that Wecksell is "OT." In fact, Wecksell has two pages of Scientology Service Completions and has completed OT 6:

Evan Lee Wecksell - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Evan Lee Wecksell - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

As Tony Ortega also notes, Wesksell has written numerous essays for the Scientology STAND League:

Code:
https://www.standleague.org/blog/author/1oDvKngrTFRwUjbnsvflHw/

As recently as 12/7/19, Wecksell performed at the Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre in Los Angles.

Evan Wecksell

Graphic for tweet:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: UTR

ISNOINews

Evan Wecksell has a GoFundMe page for his campaign.

Evan Wecksell for CA State Senate, District 25 organized by Evan Wecksell

Hello all,

I was fortunate enough to have my political party call me to gauge my interest in running against an unopposed incumbent who has been complicit in stripping away a slew of our personal and civil freedoms. Welcome to California. I break it down here:

Is California Violating Your Human Rights?

Let me make this clear from the get-go: I am not a politician. I am simply a father, husband, comedian, tutor, author, podcaster, freelancer, etc. And I have seen too much corruption from inside California's State Capitol permeate throughout the state taking out innocent populations while not addressing the real problems challenging my district. Sound familiar?

To make myself a viable option as a candidate I do have some basic start-up expenses:

- Website
- Business cards
- Brochures
- Postcards
- Campaign Mailbox
- Possible swag

This is the ultimate underdog story and I have no corporate lobbyists, media or PACs behind me. Just people. And we're taking back our district and state.

-EW
#YourRightsMatter
#Wecksellmania

ISNOINews

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Evan Wecksell has created a proper campaign website.

https://evan4senate.com

His issues are:

* * * * * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * * * * *

YOUR RIGHTS MATTER

THE RIGHT TO WORK

California thinks it knows what is best for you. They want the state to be one giant union. That's not how life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness works.

THE RIGHT TO AN EDUCATION

The right to choice where to go to school should not be attained through medical tyranny and coercion. Manufactured propaganda must be silenced and choice must be restored.

THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY

The state wants to monitor you and censor your online communication. Ironic since California is home to the creativity and innovation of Hollywood and Silicon Valley, respectively.

* * * * * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * * * * *

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Evan Wecksell Interviews Joy Villa – Ep040
Posted on May 1, 2017 by evanw219
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 33:24 — 22.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Android | Google Podcasts | TuneIn | RSS | More

At the 2017 Grammys, Singer/Songwriter Joy Villa grabbed headlines when she debuted her Trump-inspired “Make America Great Again” dress. The intense publicity immediately shot her “I Make The Static” album to the top of the iTunes & Amazon charts. It even debuted in the top 15 of the Billboard 200! Now Joy, also a Facebook friend of Evan, joins him on SOCIALLY AWKWARD!

Hear how her life is different since the Grammys (5:19), where is the dress now and whether Joy thinks 2015’s “The Dress” is black & blue or gold & white (8:30). Plus, Joy’s musical influences behind her albums (18:39) and what it was like walking in NYC for 10 hours wearing pro-Trump clothing in a social experiment that debuted on Fox News. (12:42) And in a Socially Awkward first, Joy and Evan discuss Scientology and how she knew it worked for her while keeping with her Christian beliefs. (22:00)

We’re changing narratives and shattering stereotypes on SOCIALLY AWKWARD!

#JoyTribe #JoyToTheWorld
#MakePodcastingGreatAgain
Support SOCIALLY AWKWARD for as little as $1/month by going to patreon.com/funnyevan.
Get a free month of podcast hosting or podcast statistics with the promo code ‘evan‘ at:
http://create.blubrry.com/

ISNOINews

A quick update on the story about Evan Wecksell, the Scientologist who is running as a write-in candidate for California State Senate, District 25. Wecksell has been officially endorsed by the Libertarian Party of California. Significantly, the endorsement letter states that if Wecksell receives more primary votes on March 3 than the other write-in candidate, a Republican, Wecksell will appear on the November ballot as the incumbent's only opponent.

http://instagr.am/p/B88RI_xgYqm/

Last edited:

ISNOINews

It appears the write-in campaign by anti-vaxx Scientologist Evan Wecksell for California State Senate District 25 was less than successful. According to Ballotpedia, he got zero (0) votes.

ETA: It is possible write-on votes have not been counted yet. I find it difficult to believe that Wecksell did not vote for himself, or that his wife did not vote for him.

California State Senate District 25 - Ballotpedia

Last edited: