Scientology life long staff member flees in trunk of car, thrilling escape story

Karen#1

This is a segment from 1st show of Season 3 of Leah Remini's "Scientology and the Aftermath"

An outside contractor was leaving the base for the last day and Valerie saw this as a last chance to escape.
You don't escape the cult easily.
Knowing this was practically a last chance, she jumped in the trunk of his car and hid for 2 hours.

In the cult of Scientology staff members flee after careful planning.
In the Sea Org, the billion year contract to slave for them, there is no passage because Security Guard thugs will act like Marshalls to take you back into a kind of custody and hold you against will. All credit to A & E, producers and Leah Remini and Mike Rinder and production execs and staff.

Many awards have been won for the show.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
It might be even better to have a more general thread about Sea Org staff escape stories and include this as one of them.
(Also, allow "routing out" stories in the thread.)
Hear, hear. I'd love to see all of the Sea Org escape stories compiled in a single place. All of them make for riveting testimony. I agree that many of the routing out stories are just as damning, and should also be included.

Great idea!

cleared cannibal

Just a question. She was a pretty high level member with many years in. How is a new recruit that wants to leave after say 6 months or a year treated. Is there a lot of pressure put on them to stay? They know very few secrets and have minimal knowledge.

The reason I ask is that I have known of a couple of teenagers that signed and were back within a year and apparently in good standing at the org.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Just a question. She was a pretty high level member with many years in. How is a new recruit that wants to leave after say 6 months or a year treated. Is there a lot of pressure put on them to stay? They know very few secrets and have minimal knowledge.

The reason I ask is that I have known of a couple of teenagers that signed and were back within a year and apparently in good standing at the org.
A lot depends on whether the org considers them valuable, whether they have inside knowledge, and also how many contacts they have on the outside who could "flap" if they were given a hard time about leaving.