Scientology & Jim Jones

Veda

Xenu Xenu Xenu

It is a typical FREEDOM MAGAZINE article. It is verbose, resembling the ravings of a lunatic, full of conspiracy theory innuendo, and almost totally devoid of any truth.

Hundreds of people died because of Jim Jones and his cult. This article admits that hundreds died but that is about it. The short version of this story is that people died but Jim Jones was a respectable Christian minister and that those people died mysteriously and their killers were never brought to justice.

Scientology/Freedom Magazine does not give a shit about Jim Jones. They are only doing this to make sure you never think of Scientology as a cult. They know they can't call the People's Temple a cult because it may make people look at Scientology in the same way or at least make people take a closer look at Scientology. That is why they defend Jim Jones.

They do the same thing with other cults like the Moonies. They even get together with the Unification Church at times.

It is rather hypocritical though. They don't defend cults that started out as splinter groups of Scientology. I have never seen them defend EST or Eckankar in their dumb FREEDOM MAGAZINE, for instance. They might be more likely to attack those groups in their magazines, though.

Lee #28

From 1972 until 1978......Jim Jones preached in a Church in the Westlake District of LA.

Located on Hoover at the corner of Alvarado....

I lives for several years in a Scientology group home just a couple blocks from there.....(in the late 90's)

Some old timers here....( like Phenomenon, RIP ) and others could tell you where the original Scientology buildings were in the Westlake District....

So....they were close to and at the same time as Jim Jones there.....yes, I think so.

Scientology bought Cedars of Lebanon Hospital ( The Complex or Big Blue ) in 1976 for $5 million.

So....that is an overlap of about 4 years.

But, I don't think they would have attracted the same public.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

I remember those Jonestown days. I had just finished my staff contract at my org and was experiencing freedom from "staff" for the first time in two and a half years. I was determined to never do anything so stupid again. Unfortunately, I had this big plan to get a "wog" job and save my money for further courses and auditing. The org left me alone for a while and there wasn't too much of that usual harassment for money. That left me with a lot of free time to hang out with other Scientologists who weren't "on course" just like I wasn't "on course".

I spent a lot of time in coffee shops and in their homes watching TV, listening to records, and drinking Scotch with these fellow clams. When we heard about the Jonestown tragedy, me and my clam friends were dumbfounded. We concluded that this was just some messed up cult and this is what happens when you join a fanatical cult.

I don't know what the staff at the org thought about it and I don't know what the Guardian's Office thought either. After reading that crazy FREEDOM MAGAZINE article I now know that me and my friends were not "thinking right" about this subject.

LOL!!!

Yes, of course Interpol, the CIA, the evil psychiatrists, the FBI, and the Nazis were behind all of this.