Scientology is uniting vastly different countries to take over the world!

onceuponatime

Yesterday's story Scientology is uniting vastly different countries to take over the world! | The Underground Bunker.

I just wanted to comment, this story further confirms for me that something is strange about Dublin. Why are they getting people from Canada for services? I don't think they can be that much cheaper than Canada. I can't think of a reason people are traveling all the way from Vancouver and other parts of Canada to go do services in Dublin. Also, Vancouver is not a big org but per my last recollection they at least had a decent tech team? I'm not sure what's going on, but something doesn't add up to me.

Maybe it's just part of the trend that we're seeing, orgs have always fought and stolen public from each other. As time goes on we will continue to see more of this, like Columbus raiding Atlanta for public to delver to (per a few comments I saw). Maybe this is just part of that? Usually it's the bigger more hardcore orgs who really start raiding other areas, really makes me wonder about Dublin being an SO org or not.

I need to see if I can find some pictures of Dublin staff, maybe something will click for me.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
It's the promo pieces talking about how lovely Ireland and Dublin are. Has nothing to do with scn, it's a vacation destination decision I'd imagine. :D

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
I just wanted to comment, this story further confirms for me that something is strange about Dublin. Why are they getting people from Canada for services? I don't think they can be that much cheaper than Canada. I can't think of a reason people are traveling all the way from Vancouver and other parts of Canada to go do services in Dublin. Also, Vancouver is not a big org but per my last recollection they at least had a decent tech team? I'm not sure what's going on, but something doesn't add up to me.
i've seen signs Dublin is acting like an AO, pulling in customers from Europe as well (another from Holland was recently featured). but it also appears that in general, sea org run local orgs are poaching the business of the other orgs.

and i do wonder if there is something like an exchange rate deal going on at the Dublin org. that appears to also be the selling point that is bringing people from Europe to the AO at Kalami Castle in South Africa.

it occurs to me that maybe they're also offering a 'bubble' so that if you go and stay in some of their accommodations you can skip some of the pandemic protocols that would be in force at a local org. that could be attractive to many, including all those who believe that COVID isn't really real and believe it all to be unnecessary. also, anyone who wants to get in a purif or an SRD still can't do those at a local org, as far as i know.

from what i've seen most orgs are now more gutted than you may realize, and this is symptomatic of that. i need to go back and find the exact numbers, but Catherine Olsen said Columbus was down to fewer than 10 staff before the sea org were sent in, and i'm pretty sure she and Chris talked about 15 to 20 being average.

also, it could in part be a side effect of the orgs being required to send so many staff to Flag for the new management training.

onceuponatime

i've seen signs Dublin is acting like an AO, pulling in customers from Europe as well (another from Holland was recently featured). but it also appears that in general, sea org run local orgs are poaching the business of the other orgs.

and i do wonder if there is something like an exchange rate deal going on at the Dublin org. that appears to also be the selling point that is bringing people from Europe to the AO at Kalami Castle in South Africa.

it occurs to me that maybe they're also offering a 'bubble' so that if you go and stay in some of their accommodations you can skip some of the pandemic protocols that would be in force at a local org. that could be attractive to many, including all those who believe that COVID isn't really real and believe it all to be unnecessary. also, anyone who wants to get in a purif or an SRD still can't do those at a local org, as far as i know.

from what i've seen most orgs are now more gutted than you may realize, and this is symptomatic of that. i need to go back and find the exact numbers, but Catherine Olsen said Columbus was down to fewer than 10 staff before the sea org were sent in, and i'm pretty sure she and Chris talked about 15 to 20 being average.

also, it could in part be a side effect of the orgs being required to send so many staff to Flag for the new management training.
Yes, ripping public from other class v orgs is standard procedure for SO orgs, which leads me to believe Dublin has also become a sea org class v org. But I dont have much proof of that.

Perhaps exchange rate plays into it, but I haven't heard that Dublin is way cheaper than anywhere else, maybe they are, I just don't know. Even then I have to think there would be cheaper options, mexico comes to mind.

If Dublin has a combo of being cheaper and also being a sea org class v org (automatically better than a regular class v org) I could see that attracting people.

Perhaps Vancouver has been hit hard in the last few years. I know at one point, not too many years ago, they at least had a pretty solid core of tech people. Columbus has always been tiny, an order of magnitude smaller than Vancouver. Especially if you're talking about tech resources.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
I just wanted to comment, this story further confirms for me that something is strange about Dublin. Why are they getting people from Canada for services?
Why? Well, probably it is the $.

I don't have the recent details on Dublin, but I'm basing it on my past experiences. Whenever something like that was going on, it was because the orgs in Mexico or SA were doing it in a way that ended up being cheaper for the public. It doesn't have to be the coist of services alone, it could be catering or lodging etc.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Yes, ripping public from other class v orgs is standard procedure for SO orgs, which leads me to believe Dublin has also become a sea org class v org. But I dont have much proof of that.
i've seen mentions of staff in PR pieces who mostly seem to be from other countries. either they're SO, or there's got to be some special arrangement to house and pay them.

they have to do something like that to staff an org that large, in a country where there are fewer than 100 scientologists total (according to the census). and the mission in Dublin had failed and ended up deeply in debt, also indicating a lack of interest and involvement in the country (i suspect one of the reasons for setting up the org, was to avoid having scientology presence in the country vanish with the mission's demise).

onceuponatime

Why? Well, probably it is the $.

I don't have the recent details on Dublin, but I'm basing it on my past experiences. Whenever something like that was going on, it was because the orgs in Mexico or SA were doing it in a way that ended up being cheaper for the public. It doesn't have to be the coist of services alone, it could be catering or lodging etc.
If this were an org in Mexico or SA then it wouldn't be a question for me. I find it hard to believe they are cheaper. I just checked, Dublin uses the euro. I can't imagine intensives in Dublin are that much cheaper than the US or Canada, they might even be more expensive than Canada. That's why it's a question for me. Traveling all that ways to be serviced at another class v org and not saving a ton of money doing so, it doesn't make sense. If this were some other country with cheaper intensives, well that makes sense and has been going on for a long time.

i've seen mentions of staff in PR pieces who mostly seem to be from other countries. either they're SO, or there's got to be some special arrangement to house and pay them.

they have to do something like that to staff an org that large, in a country where there are fewer than 100 scientologists total (according to the census). and the mission in Dublin had failed and ended up deeply in debt, also indicating a lack of interest and involvement in the country (i suspect one of the reasons for setting up the org, was to avoid having scientology presence in the country vanish with the mission's demise).
Yes, there's something strange going on even if they aren't SO. But reaching out to other areas and poaching public, that smells like SO to me.

Isn't there also something special about Ireland? Some legal status/entity they have over there? Maybe the Dublin org gets special attention because they don't want to mess that up.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Isn't there also something special about Ireland? Some legal status/entity they have over there? Maybe the Dublin org gets special attention because they don't want to mess that up.
that, too. there's been speculation that they want to maintain a presence in Ireland, which is very corporation friendly and low tax, in case they run into trouble elsewhere including in the UK (where their tax status is, due to a strange twist of the Commonwealth, based on what happens in Australia, where they've been challenged in recent years).

and then there are the people coming from Europe to Ireland, rather than going to orgs on the continent or the AO in Denmark. could it be something like that that Dublin offers AO services at Class V prices?

onceuponatime

that, too. there's been speculation that they want to maintain a presence in Ireland, which is very corporation friendly and low tax, in case they run into trouble elsewhere including in the UK (where their tax status is, due to a strange twist of the Commonwealth, based on what happens in Australia, where they've been challenged in recent years).

and then there are the people coming from Europe to Ireland, rather than going to orgs on the continent or the AO in Denmark. could it be something like that that Dublin offers AO services at Class V prices?
I'm sure they aren't offering AO services. But with how important Ireland might become (or already is, who knows how they move money around behind the curtain) I think it's likely Dublin has a strong SO presence already, or is being closely managed by the SO.