Scientology is Hubbard's ego parasitically surviving

Xenu Xenu Xenu

The fact that in 2021 someone in this world is thinking about Lee Harvey Oswald would no doubt have pleased the smirking sob. Oswald once told his childhood schoolmates that he wanted to be remembered in history for a thousand years.

In much the same way Hubbard was telling people that he wanted to smash his way into the history books. I have no doubt that Hubbard would be pleased that Scientology is still around even if it does have an even wider reputation for sheer badness. Miscavige has brought in lots more money, got the cult a tax break, and bought up tons of real estate. I am sure LRH would be pleased with that.

Hubbard's personality struck me as a mix of narcissism, greed, and lying. He was a charming man and the life of the party so I have read. I don't know how smart he was but he certainly was smart enough even if he did suck at being a Naval Officer. He once told someone early on that he couldn't have any friends. He was smart enough to know that cult leaders can't have friends.

His policy letters strike me as a reaction to the day to day screw ups that he saw while he was running the cult. It was his way of correcting the problem. His policy letters dealing with enemies really show you a side of him that someone once described as punishing you short of killing you so that you would live to regret what you did. That still sounds like the OSA or David Miscavige to me.

It was always my opinion that as a staff member or even to smaller extent the public Scientologists, we all had a bit of Hubbard in us. You might say we sometimes reached into and found our own inner Hubbard.

I think all of this would have pleased old Hubbard to no end. I think he would have gotten a big laugh out of it just to know that there are thousands, (not millions, Dave), of people putting on and doing their best, "What would Ron do?".

Hubbard also wanted everyone in the world to become Scientologists. I am sure he knew it would never happen but that didn't stop him from getting the rest of us to try. All those front groups and their only purpose is to insinuate Scientology into the real world. The quest for respectability even if it is unearned. All those policy letters telling us to make money, make money, and then make more money. Flourish and prosper. Expand. You get the idea.

He didn't get the world to follow his claptrap but he did get thousands of people to follow it. Just remember, they are still trying to get new recruits even if it is a harder thing to do. That in my opinion is Hubbard as well. He is still sort of out there maybe a little more Bizarro but still out there.