Scientology in Venezuela

Karen#1

EXCERPT from blog:
Things are in a bad way in the 2 orgs in Venezuela (one in Valencia and one in Caracas).

This is a plea from the ED of the Valencia (“Venezuela”) org for assistance.

It is full of typical scientology hype about how they are saving the world etc etc. and some wonderfully outdated quotes from Source to make things seem better and pretend they are winning. But harsh reality has set in. Venezuela is in economic meltdown. Hyper inflation. Lack of food. Gas shortages (remarkable in a country that exports massive amounts of oil)…

HelluvaHoax!

EXCERPT from blog:
Things are in a bad way in the 2 orgs in Venezuela (one in Valencia and one in Caracas).

This is a plea from the ED of the Valencia (“Venezuela”) org for assistance.

It is full of typical scientology hype about how they are saving the world etc etc. and some wonderfully outdated quotes from Source to make things seem better and pretend they are winning. But harsh reality has set in. Venezuela is in economic meltdown. Hyper inflation. Lack of food. Gas shortages (remarkable in a country that exports massive amounts of oil)…

Is there any possibility 2 privately owned jumbo jets each loaded 1,000,000 TWTW pamphlets could be flown down to Venezuela by Mr. Cruise and Mr. Travolta.

They wouldn't have to even land, they could just sort of "drop" the 2M pamphlets on just the downstat areas.

This could really work! Since Cruise/Travolta are willing to donate their time as pilots to make the flight, all we would need is Scientologists to donate the money for the 2M Way To Happiness booklets and the jet fuel. Although each of the movie star OTs has hundreds of millions of dollar and the COS and IAS have billions of dollar in cash--it would be out-exchange for Scientologists to get tens of millions of dollars of free publicity photos without paying for it.

CONCLUSION: Once the free booklets are dropped, the Venezuelans could make it go right to buy dictionaries, batteries, paperclips and clay, and then they would get hatted and stop dramatizing low havingness and such.

Karen#1

Images here are of Venezuelan WHALES. (Mega donors) even while the country is in starvation mode, the Sc cult was able to extract huge sums of money from the very very rich
This continued after the country fell into chaos and hunger was widespread 2017 -2020

Venezuela.Whales.jpgVenezuela.Vanessa.Whale.png

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I'm always astonished by these pictures we often see here of incredibly wealthy people being photographed beside these grotesque 'trophies' they seem so immensely proud to have been awarded. It only goes to show you can be very very rich and also have shit for brains.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
My thinking is, the only people left in Venezuela who have money, are those who are "connected" to the government.

Lee #28

^^^^^^^

That Saudi Prince that is running that country....put all those other Princes in jail.....and extorted billions of dollars from them....

Now, this week, Assad, the President of Syria.....was reported he is trying to take all the money from a Cousin....who was the richest man in Syria...to pay off Putin's War Loans...

Kinda like Scientology.....doesn't matter who you are.....or how well connected....eventually all get hit.

I haven't been following Venezuela much lately.....but what ever these rich Venezuelan Scientologists own....be it Real Estate or whatever.....is at risk of being taken by Maduro....at any time. However they make their money....I'm sure Maduro is looking at Nationalizing it....

Karakorum

The most just, the most merciful, the most ethical
Being a public scientologist in Venezuela. That's like living in two totalitarian states at the same time.

M&M

Self-Born Unicorn
139 staff members ... proper, balanced and nutritious food (home cooked) plus hygiene products would amount to around 8 or 9000 USD a month, total ($2 a day each on average, largely).
I have no idea of actual prices (auditing/courses) - services/books, etc. were usually half the cost of US or Europe prices (in consideration of the country's lower average income).
The contrast between most "public" and staff (except maybe for Regs and assuredly FSM's) has always be sitting at opposed poles.
Almost all admin staff not involved with "bringing money in" was always under-nourished. It was so 30+ years ago, and I would bet it has been so all the time. I guess it has been so all over the world as well.

My thinking is, the only people left in Venezuela who have money, are those who are "connected" to the government.
Half-true. There are still huge capitals and wealthy families completely opposed to the government, who can maintain their living standards despite the obvious restrictions, because their wealth is not based locally. Besides, many others have set up UTR businesses abroad, to help those who remain get access to either outside-held funds or products in a rather easy (although not cheaper) way. This for the more or less still honest people.
There's corruption at all levels, not only among the obvious, "connected" individuals. In a "smaller" scale - in regard to social levels involved - (and this was particularly heavy when the official rates were irrisory compared with black markets) many from the lower economical classes shifted from honest labor to "financial wizards", starting with the yearly traveling abroad to benefit from the huge rate difference, in early years of the regime, and though many wasted those easy gains, still some built prosperous small scale business which still survive and even thrive despite of eventual scarcities, most of them "at home" thus without any formal supervision or regulations. Social networks have helped a lot for these to develop. Almost every home is selling something, and practically all small businesses have included and even re-converted to food and basic home-related products selling and, more recently, plain cash (be it local or US/UE denominations).
I'm amazed to see how many people of all walks buying in stores and paying with euros or dollars. I guess it comes close to 50% of the population in "low middle" class neighbourhoods.
On the other hand, and given the huge difference in salaries and living standards abroad, many households survive quite decently thanks to the hard work of the few family members that migrated, plus the meager random bonuses given by the state. This happens at all social levels and political inclinations. A family of five can get along with a couple hundred or so.
Health is a totally different story, though. But solidarity networks in communities are quite strong.

Anyway those are random thoughts and I got carried away ... it is a shame that with all those Co$ millions they couldn't lend a helping hand with such minimal costs of living ... oh well have they bothered at all, ever, anyway ...