Scientology in England faces huge tax bills on its properties, and keeps failing to evade them

Karen#1

Excerpt:

[The staff at the swingin’ London Ideal Org]

In a recent blog post, Mike Rinder reports Scientology’s failure to obtain tax exemption for three of its buildings in England. On this side of the pond, an annual tax is paid on the ratable value of a building – whether domestic or commercial.

Scientology applied for this property tax not to be levied on the grounds that these buildings are used for public worship. The Valuation Tribunal for England turned down the original application and has now rejected an appeal against that decision.

Every property in England has a ratable value which is set every five years. Rates go to pay for local government – police, schools, roads, refuse collection and other council expenses. A percentage of the ratable value is levied every year. For larger businesses – like Scientology – the 2021 rate is set at 52.2 percent of the ratable value.~~~READ MORE

Lee #28

If by "Ratable Value" is meant the actual price of the property..... and the tax rate is 52.2%.....WoW....that is super high.

The tax rate....on the Ad Valorem ( ratable value ).....where I live is 0.90%.

But for sure....make the Cult pay!

onceuponatime

If by "Ratable Value" is meant the actual price of the property..... and the tax rate is 52.2%.....WoW....that is super high.

The tax rate....on the Ad Valorem ( ratable value ).....where I live is 0.90%.

But for sure....make the Cult pay!
Not sure how taxes work over there but there's no way it's 52.2% of the value of the property. That property, in london, is worth many millions. I think it's based on the rental cost of the property? I.e. how much it would cost to rent the property for a year. The actual value of that property is probably 30 million+.

Lee #28

Well....it looks like it is pretty high.

According to this it would be at least 12% plus additional tax for multiple properties....
Would it approach 52%....I don't know. But super high!

Karen#1

Excellent write up.
The cult in a grandiose manner has doctrines on EXCHANGE and how ETHICAL it is to have true and valid exchange in order to live a life of morality and ethics.
Their doctrines state Rip off, short changing and stealing are CRIMES
But the SCN cult continuously rip offs at every opportunity possible.
It wants the service of different governments without paying its fair share of taxes, or a minimum fraction of what they should pay.
Masquerading as a *Church* is ludicrous.
It is a wicked spy and mind-control network
Quoting John Peeler here ~

Scientology is essentially a spy and mind-control network set up to extract the most money it can from it’s members as well as to enforce the maximum amount of production out of each individual, at minimal or no cost to the organization. It’s as simple as that." - John Peeler

The whole issue of getting TAX EXEMPTION was to avoid paying taxes and keeping their gouged wealth extraction for themselves, their lawyers and PIs to firewall them from their illegal acts such as kidnap, lockdowns, driving people into mental breakdowns by prolonged sleep deprivation, human trafficking and other inhumane actions.

The_Fixer

Excerpt:

[The staff at the swingin’ London Ideal Org]

In a recent blog post, Mike Rinder reports Scientology’s failure to obtain tax exemption for three of its buildings in England. On this side of the pond, an annual tax is paid on the ratable value of a building – whether domestic or commercial.

Scientology applied for this property tax not to be levied on the grounds that these buildings are used for public worship. The Valuation Tribunal for England turned down the original application and has now rejected an appeal against that decision.

Every property in England has a ratable value which is set every five years. Rates go to pay for local government – police, schools, roads, refuse collection and other council expenses. A percentage of the ratable value is levied every year. For larger businesses – like Scientology – the 2021 rate is set at 52.2 percent of the ratable value.~~~READ MORE

Is Davey ready for the coke needle in his arse to help numb the pain? I bet he's making all his minions feel it for him..