Scientology Founder's son-in-law ~~ Guy White's first podcast. He fled after 20 years IN.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
<snip>

I would like to hear from a hospice doctor on how predictable a death is after a person suffers a serious stroke. Can you tell if a person is just hours away if they are still able to talk and semi function?
1. I am not a hospice doctor.

2. Both of my parents died after strokes.

3. my mom had slurred speech after her stroke. (Also, she imagined two spiders to be on her hospital room walls)

4. a hospital nurse told us, due to her experience as a nurse, that she did not have long to live (she was correct)

5. my dad, in hospice care, did not have slurred speech but could not communicate in sentences (just repeat a word that he heard).

Karen#1

The standard normal thing to do for a stroke victim is to rush to s hospital for expert medical care.

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.

A stroke often spells end of life and cannot be dilly dallied with.

Hubbard was not rushed to any hospital. Correct me if I am wrong but in Larry Wright's "Going Clear" didn't Hubbard have 2 strokes before
the 3rd one killed him so to speak.

I was at the death event at the Hollywood Palladium which was a tissue of lies.
Earl Cooley the Boston attorney very emphatically told the crowds that Hubbard was of sound mind and health when he discarded his body for higher spiritual research as the body was an impediment.

Karen#1

Tell us about the Death Assist.
Hubbard wrote a CS, an instruction for techies to do End of Life procedure.

The first step is handling Exteriorisation, i.e. doing actions that make the spirit comfortable with exteriorization for those who believe
in the action of the INT Rundown to get INT/EXT handled for no spiritual distress, harmful energy, also called "Charge".

The 2nd step is Hubbard instructed the spirit without a human body to find a heavenly body such as the moon, a planet, and "run" around it.
This is orbiting round and round to "stabilize".

I see it as another version of the RUNNING Program, no more no less.

There is more. But too technical.

cakemaker

None of the details in Sarge's interviews (published in Going Clear and Marty's
Book III) have ever been refuted or touched by the COS. They've had ample time.

This whole Sarge story is a third rail issue for Scientology (high-voltage charged and
untouchable) and probably can't be commented about in writing by the COS.
Would be disastrous to try. Best they just ignore it as they have been doing.
They tried to nullify Sarge at one point by putting this on one of their web sites.
They later took that page down - I don't know why.
But, it's the Internet so it lives forever.

ScreenShot013.jpg

Type4_PTS

<snip>
Earl Cooley the Boston attorney very emphatically told the crowds that Hubbard was of sound mind and health when he discarded his body for higher spiritual research as the body was an impediment.
Earl Cooley was neither a medical doctor nor a psychologist. I wish he were still around so he could be asked how he made that determination.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
They tried to nullify Sarge at one point by putting this on one of their web sites.
They later took that page down - I don't know why.
Yes, that page was up on the Internet on the Going Clear rebuttal website
for about a day or two or three at the most, then then COS removed it forever.

The subject is too just too touchy. Scientology's third rail -- the Hubbard suicide/
assisted suicide, however we want to frame it.

I had actually received several chapters of the Going Clear book a few weeks before
it was officially released, include the Sarge chapter, which I was especially shocked
by at the time.

I remember after reading it, I had a dark night of the soul (spiritual crisis), coming to the
realization that I had devoted much of my adult life to a fraud and a largely fraudulent
tech. It was rough for a couple months. I got through it though.

I suspect that newly out folks reading this thread might experience the same. Hopefully,
you'll get through it and live on and do well.

I had taken a screen capture of the web page in question, thinking it probably wouldn't
stay up for long. It was a lame attempt at discrediting the most explosive chapter
in the book. A well-known (unhandled) alcoholic, Norman Starkey, accusing another
of being an alcoholic . . . all I can say is LOL at that absurdity . :whistle:

Hubbard went from dreams of pulling the air covers off of planets to clear planetary
populations to his final decade of various physical illnesses, dementia, and an ignoble
death. That's what happened.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
A well-known (unhandled) alcoholic, Norman Starkey, accusing another
I'd like to hear more about Norm Starkey and him being an alcoholic. He was staff at ASI. How did he manage to have a problem like that on that post?

(I totally believe you. I'd just like more info.)

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
I'd like to hear more about Norm Starkey and him being an alcoholic.
I've only heard very fine things about Sarge from people who knew him.

Norman on the other hand . . . so they claim in the links below.

Leah Remini Has Left The Building

"Minister, the Reverend Norman Starkey, got drunk and hit on Brooke Shields until her husband complained about his behavior to Miscavige, Dave and Lou acted inappropriately in public and Leah stirred the pot about Shelly, not to mention the bride not turning out to be what Dave and Tom had planned. It is little wonder that the hatchets came out."​

Mat Pesch says
"Those who know Norman, know he has a SERIOUS long term problem with alcohol. The same can be said for Davey boy. Davey likes the scotch. The “Reverend” will take what he can get…."​

Mike Rinder says
"Starkey has a problem with alcohol (which is why I refer to him as Captain Morgan Starkey). He got drunk at the after wedding party and made a pass at Brooke Shields. Her husband got upset and complained to Miscavige about the behavior of his hand picked “minister.” Starkey was sent back to the Hole in utter disagrace with orders that the others in the Hole were to physically assault him or they would get the same treatment (as everyone in the Hole had “let POB down” by “putting an SP on his lines”)."​

The photographic evidence is questionable . . . could be a shoop, LOL.

Starkey2.jpg

:coolwink:

Karen#1

I'd like to hear more about Norm Starkey and him being an alcoholic. He was staff at ASI. How did he manage to have a problem like that on that post?

(I totally believe you. I'd just like more info.)
Norman Starkey was the drunken bum of the Apollo, with title "Captain"
As much "Captain" as Captain Bill....I am sure you know about him !

Starkey might be the ONLY bumbling fool of a SEA ORG member that was punched both by Hubbard AND Miscavige

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubbard punched Starkey for almost driving the Apollo into the rocks and Starkey's impact was on the bulkhead.
Miscavige punched Starkey violently and broke his hearing aid in his ear canal.,

Janis Gillham Grady covers more on "Captain" Norman Starkey in Book 2

Image : Peddling the TITANIUM PLATES to forever put the Tek on discs in case of nuclear holocaust

NormanStarkey.jpg

Last edited:

cakemaker

Yes, that page was up on the Internet on the Going Clear rebuttal website
for about a day or two or three at the most, then then COS removed it forever.

The subject is too just too touchy. Scientology's third rail -- the Hubbard suicide/
assisted suicide, however we want to frame it.

I had actually received several chapters of the Going Clear book a few weeks before
it was officially released, include the Sarge chapter, which I was especially shocked
by at the time.

I remember after reading it, I had a dark night of the soul (spiritual crisis), coming to the
realization that I had devoted much of my adult life to a fraud and a largely fraudulent
tech. It was rough for a couple months. I got through it though.

I suspect that newly out folks reading this thread might experience the same. Hopefully,
you'll get through it and live on and do well.

I had taken a screen capture of the web page in question, thinking it probably wouldn't
stay up for long. It was a lame attempt at discrediting the most explosive chapter
in the book. A well-known (unhandled) alcoholic, Norman Starkey, accusing another

Hubbard went from dreams of pulling the air covers off of planets to clear planetary
populations to his final decade of various physical illnesses, dementia, and an ignoble
death. That's what happened.

Well done on grabbing that!
I'm sure that whoever put that up got themselves into deep doo-doo. It would have been considered "forwarding the enemy line" not to mention making more than a few clams go "What?? Is there more?".
I hope that the full interviews that Lawrence Wright did with Sarge could be made available.

Karen#1

Norman Starkey had a wife called Maria Starkey.
Wife of 40 years or so.
She was personal household staff of David Miscavige overseeing the cleaning of his personal living spaces.
She was a kind of Butler/valet/housekeeper.
Pleasant girl. No drama. Kind and likeable.

She died of cancer a few years ago.
Int base was very silent on her cancer death.

No memorial, no acknowledgement of 40 years as a Sea Org member.
They die off and vanish like a non person.
RIP Maria

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
In this series "Scientology a History of Violence" Anderson Cooper talks to Norman Starkey who babbles incoherently about his LEADER Miscavige

Hmm, well I didn't see any footage of Starkey in that clip.

The only footage I found on the AC360 coverage was on this clip:

Int clowns starting @ 3:20

He did do the funeral service written by the Hubbs for the Hubbs. It is the most bombastic, self congratulatory droning piece of drivel I think he ever put pen to paper on.

Nosy_Creature

I listened to the 2nd part of the interview. Interesting.

I wonder if Suzette, Arthur and Diana are in contact or seeing each other sometimes. Guy probably knows.

What did or is Suzette doing for a living? She had something to do with excercise equipment but this is all I know.

Nosy_Creature

Did Diana re-marry after her divorce from Jon? Who did she marry? And who did Suzette marry after her divorce from Guy? A Scientologist?