1. I am not a hospice doctor.<snip>
I would like to hear from a hospice doctor on how predictable a death is after a person suffers a serious stroke. Can you tell if a person is just hours away if they are still able to talk and semi function?
2. Both of my parents died after strokes.
3. my mom had slurred speech after her stroke. (Also, she imagined two spiders to be on her hospital room walls)
4. a hospital nurse told us, due to her experience as a nurse, that she did not have long to live (she was correct)
5. my dad, in hospice care, did not have slurred speech but could not communicate in sentences (just repeat a word that he heard).