Scientology files anti-SLAPP, says stalking and smearing Valerie Haney is free speech

Karen#1

In terror of what Valerie will testify to (earlier similar Debbie Cook) Miscavige will use scorched earth tactics and make all the pronouncements
Judges previously made on how the cult uses the legal system TRUE.

After all she was was Miscavige's assistant for 3 years straight.
She was Shelly's assistant for a stretch as well. (longer)
Judges have made pronouncements on the outrageous conduct of the cult's use of the law courts >

Here's a sample Judge pronouncement:

Judge James M. Ideman, who in 1994, sounding exhausted by years of harassment, removed himself from a case that had originated over a Scientology breakaway group led by David Mayo…
judge.jpg
Portions of this petition will become moot because I have decided to recuse myself from this case. Plaintiff has recently begin to harass my former law clerk who assisted me on this case, even though she now lives in another city and has other legal employment. This action, in combination with other misconduct by counsel over the years has caused me to reassess my state of mind with respect to the propriety of my continuing to preside over the matter. I have concluded that I should not…The past 8 years have consisted mainly of a prolonged, and ultimately unsuccessful, attempt to persuade or compel the plaintiff to comply with lawful discovery. These efforts have been fiercely resisted by plaintiffs. They have utilized every device that we on the District Court have ever heard of to avoid such compliance, and some that are new to us….This noncompliance has consisted of evasions, misrepresentations, broken promises and lies, but ultimately with refusal. As part of this scheme to not comply, the plaintiffs have undertaken a massive campaign of filing every conceivable motion (and some inconceivable) to disguise the true issue in these pretrial proceedings. Apparently viewing litigation as war, plaintiffs by this tactic have had the effect of massively increasing the costs to the other parties, and, for a while, to the Court….Yet, it is almost all puffery — motions without merit or substance…

SOURCE: The 5 Worst Things Judges Have Said About Scientology | The Village Voice

Last edited:

Karen#1

Some review what moral pronouncements various Judges have made on the cult.
These are judicial experts who have listened to all the arguments pro and con week after week, month after month
and tend to weigh their adjudications very carefully (no snap judgements) .

#4. Justice Latey, High Court of London, 1984…

Scientology is both immoral and socially obnoxious…It is corrupt, sinister, and dangerous. It is corrupt because it is based on lies and deceit and has its real objective money and power for Mr. Hubbard… It is sinister because it indulges in infamous practices both to its adherents who do not toe the line unquestionably and to those who criticize it or oppose it. It is dangerous because it is out to capture people and to indoctrinate and brainwash them so they become the unquestioning captives and tools of the cult, withdrawn from ordinary thought, living, and relationships with others.

1965, on the recommendation of Lord Gardiner, Judge Latey was appointed to the High Court and assigned to the Probate, Divorce and Admiralty Division, receiving the customary knighthood. He was appointed to the Privy Council in 1986, and retired from the bench in 1989.

Justice.Latey.png

Justice.Latey.poster.png

SOURCE: Twenty Things Judges Have Said About Scientology