Scientology CULT Rituals

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
The ritual that makes me cringe just thinking back on it was giving a standing ovation to pictures of Hubbard, with the "Hip Hip Hooray" to go with it.

Even back when I was a true believer and thought Hubbard was the reincarnated Buddha... :D
I still hated when we did that. :duh:
I don't remember ever doing that at the Riverside Mission but I remember doing that at old ASHO on Temple street at the end of every BC class. I didn't like doing that either.

Karen#1

One of the most incredulous and diabolical rituals ~~incredulous ~~ was on the Flag ship Apollo, home of Hubbard for 9 years.
My good friend Monica Pignotti tells it here ~~

( I was not on the ship when this occurred.)

Monica Pignotti shared a link.
May 28, 2018
Someone wanted to know about Kali and the Kali Ceremonies on the Apollo. I have a description of this in my account of my experiences in Scientology, My Nine Lives In Scientology:
Cathy Cariotaki presided over a new ritual [LRH ordered] that was invented as punishment for auditors who goofed up -- the ritual of sacrifice to the goddess Kali, goddess of death and destruction. An alter, with a hideous painting of Kali over it was built in the internship classroom. If an auditor had a bad exam report, the following ceremony would take place in a candlelit room:
A chorus of other interns and auditors would sing a hymn to the goddess Kali, sung to the tune of "Rock of Ages". The offender would come forward and kneel before the alter and say he/she was a worshipper of the goddess Kali and wanted chaos, death and destruction. The person was then given a knife and a fake preclear and told to "stab the preclear", at which time the person had to thrust the knife into the folder. I had to participate in such a ceremony twice. It was very humiliating and upsetting. We all deeply resented what was happening, but nobody dared to speak up or refuse to participate. Such refusal would probably result in getting kicked off the ship in disgrace, a fate worse than any punishment. By that time, I had been so thoroughly indoctrinated in Scientology propaganda, that to be outside of Scientology was to live in a hell on earth and that my soul would be condemned to a very low level of existence for all eternity. Ultimately, I had to go along with any punishment that was meted out, although, at times,

HelluvaHoax!

cross-posted at: The Stupid Thread

KULT KOAN KONUNDRUM: What would happen if Scientologists were "Chinese Schooled" on the following OT tech of detecting & avoiding implants?

"THE PRIMARY TECH OF RECOGNIZING & AVOIDING IMPLANTS IS TO OBNOSE WHEN
ANOTHER TERMINAL/GROUP IS FORCING YOU TO ACCEPT, DUPLICATE & REPEAT A DATUM"

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

It used to be, back in the 90's when there were protesters at the org, the tech staff were made to do an O/W write up. The thought being that's the only reason there would be protests.

I know a whole lotta nutty and super-stupid things about Scientology. But i never heard that one!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Honestly? I think you are being serious, right? That has got to be some variant of POE'S LAW!

[wiki]
"Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied."

Please post more about that, it is destined for infamy (and a Hall of Fame ranking on the Stupid Thread). What is the "bright idea" behind confessing one's sins in an "O/W" writeup and how that handles protestors at the org? Per KSW, the "only reason" Scientologists ever get "upbraided" is because they DID NOT DELIVER what was promised. Well, let's go drag the scriptural passage out and read it!

"The only thing you can be upbraided for
by students or PCs is 'no results'."

So, how does looking for OVERTS connect in any way to that?

If the protestors are there because Scientology did not get results, there are only two possible reasons:

1) The tech was not applied.

2) The tech does not work.

Let's assume the tech works.

Then the reason protesters are at the door is that the auditors don't know how to audit.

Per scripture (policy and bulletins) if an auditor made a mistake, they are sent to QUAL "cramming" to find their Misunderstood word(s) and to re-study and re-drill the material. In the "Department of Correction" they are routinely corrected the same day (often in a few hours) so they can take their next PC back in session. They are not told to write up their O/Ws. That is not how auditing flubs are handled.

Additionally, if a PC did not get results and it created a problem, their auditor might be sent to the Dept of Corrections. Just their auditor, not all the auditors and tech staff, LOL. But their auditor might not even be sent to Qual division, because MORE LIKELY the PC would be sent to ethics for handling on PTSness and other out-ethics that is blocking the tech from working. And the PC would be ordered to handle their PTS condition and/or to write up THEIR O/Ws against the SP that is making them rollercoaster.

So, the idea that the entire tech division was required to write up O/Ws is utter madness! It's not even based on the tech, and the tech is already way crazy already, lol.

Tell us more. . .

Did other orgs ever do this?

Please tell us it's a joke.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered

I know a whole lotta nutty and super-stupid things about Scientology. But i never heard that one!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Honestly? I think you are being serious, right? That has got to be some variant of POE'S LAW!

[wiki]
"Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied."

Please post more about that, it is destined for infamy (and a Hall of Fame ranking on the Stupid Thread). What is the "bright idea" behind confessing one's sins in an "O/W" writeup and how that handles protestors at the org? Per KSW, the "only reason" Scientologists ever get "upbraided" is because they DID NOT DELIVER what was promised. Well, let's go drag the scriptural passage out and read it!

"The only thing you can be upbraided for
by students or PCs is 'no results'."

So, how does looking for OVERTS connect in any way to that?

If the protestors are there because Scientology did not get results, there are only two possible reasons:

1) The tech was not applied.

2) The tech does not workl

Let's assume the tech works.

Then the reason protesters are at the door is that the auditors don't know how to audit.

Per scripture (policy and bulletins) if an auditor made a mistake, they are sent to QUAL "cramming" to find their Misunderstood word(s) and to re-study and re-drill the material. In the "Department of Correction" they are routinely corrected the same day (often in a few hours) so they can take their next PC back in session. They are not told to write up their O/Ws. That is not how auditing flubs are handled.

Additionally, if a PC did not get results and it created a problem, their auditor might be sent to the Dept of Corrections. Just their auditor, not all the auditors and tech staff, LOL. But their auditor might not even be sent to Qual division, because MORE LIKELY the PC would be sent to ethics for handling on PTSness and other out-ethics that is blocking the tech from working. And the PC would be ordered to handle their PTS condition and/or to write up THEIR O/Ws against the SP that is making them rollercoaster.

So, the idea that the entire tech division was required to write up O/Ws is utter madness! It's not even based on the tech, and the tech is already way crazy already, lol.

Tell us more. . .

Did other orgs ever do this?

Please tell us it's a joke.

This is true. As with most things scio, I wish it wasn't.

The attitude was sort of a State of Emergency with protestors. This was early and mid 90's. I wasn't on staff during the Anon protests, so don't know if that was applied then.

I wish some of my old staff friends were out. Sadly I can't name a single one of them that's out. In fact, I only know of one other than my wife from my org that's out. And they are still UTR.

Offsource

The ritual that makes me cringe just thinking back on it was giving a standing ovation to pictures of Hubbard, with the "Hip Hip Hooray" to go with it.

Even back when I was a true believer and thought Hubbard was the reincarnated Buddha... :D
I still hated when we did that. :duh:
I'm cringing too, lol. I also recalled singing along to that, 'we stand tall', video. Yeeks, it creeps me out now.🤮🥵

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Is there someone who can list "the 15 manifestations of a missed withhold?"
Here are some of the manifestations cured by asking for missed withholds.

1. Pc failing to make progress.

2. Pc critical of or angry at auditor.

3. Pc refusing to talk to auditor.

4. Pc attempting to leave session.

5. Pc not desirous of being audited (or anybody not desirous of being audited).

6. Pc boiling off.

7. Pc exhausted.

8. Pc feeling foggy at session end.

9. Dropped havingness.

10. Pc telling others the auditor is no good.

11. Pc demanding redress of wrongs.

12. Pc critical of organizations or people of Scientology.

13. People critical of Scientology.

14. Lack of auditing results.

15. Dissemination failures.

HCO BULLETIN OF 3 MAY 1962 ARC BREAKS, MISSED WITHHOLDS
Per the reference (#12 & #13) all ESMBR members have MWHs - there's your WHY for being disaffected. So happy I could clear that up for you. :devilish: :kickedout::panic::sorry::stickpoke:

Last edited:

Karen#1

SCIENTOLOGY RITUALS

James Byrne. He was egged on and inspired by Miscavige to whip Gold Base and INT base staff into shape. And I mean WHIP!
Witnessing and experiencing the Apollo Hubbard ordered OVERBOARDS, he decided to implement such at the hierarchy of Scientology.

But how ? Gold Base/Int Base at least 100 miles from the Ocean. So hard to hurl someone into the ocean when located in the desert.
So Byrne, this puffed up peacock strutting around enjoying his Miscavige delegated POWER invented throwing battered Sea Org members into the feces lake at INT base even if they were 30 seconds late for a muster !

In the insanity of the never never land of escalating punishments, the ritual was to hurl one's sins into the deep (the ocean) which was in actuality a horrific pond of dead birds, bacteria and the feces of the staff at INT base which had some kind of recycling outift in this lake.
The problem was that many staff members got ill. Really ill, and off production. So the ritual was cancelled and they were subsequently hurled into the swimming pool.JamesByrne.jpgfecespond.jpg

The ritual was to cast one's sins to the deep and arise a better person. The ritual of solemnly saying this before being hurled into the water.

James Byrne center (in uniform).

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yeah, true. Overboarding definitely qualifies as a ritual though!
It's a long way from London Org to the nearest bit of ocean, so when the new Class VIII's came back from flag, offending auditors were taken up onto the roof and had buckets of cold water thrown over them. God only knows what the office workers in the vicinity made of all that.