Scientology (Aust) send letter of demand from “Office of the Sheriff”

Has any had any experience or knowlege of Scientology sendIng an ex staffer (ex sea Org) an “Official letter from Office of the Sheriff” demanding a person returns to complete some project work?. I haven’t read the letter so I can’t confirm what the contents say but I can confirm that although this person is no longer a staffer, they are being directing them to return to Sydney for a second time to complete project work.

This person now has a normal job outside and far away from Scientolog. My guess is this”Office of the Sheriff” is a scare tactic and nothing to do with the real world and that as they have no authority over an individual. It is a very deceitful thing they are doing. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?

exbritscino

A complete member........
I have no experience of anything like this. I live in the UK and over here NOTHING like this would be permitted or allowed.

This sounds a bit like the cults' "freeloader bills" which are not legally enforceable in the UK. Or anywhere else.

I strongly suspect that this letter was not sent by the "Office of the Sheriff", but is probably fraudulent and sent by the co$.

I would suggest that the person presents the letter to the authorities and let them deal with it. Fraud of official letters from government departments is a serious offence.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
Sheriff? Are you sure it wasn't from the "master at arms" the "office of the Chaplain" or (heaven forbid) someone from the "office of special affairs" or some other maritime/navy type of word?

I've never heard of a sheriff in the cult (others may have but I'd be surprised).

:confused:

You are right though, they are trying to make it sound 'scary' but it's just part of their tactics when someone leaves ... the person receiving it (being ex SO) will know that so I wouldn't worry if I were you, the cult has no real world authority over them ... and they don't have to pay back a freeloader bill legally either (though they may want to so they can remain in scientology as public because that's the only way the cult will allow it).

Freeloader bills can be huge (hundreds of thousands) and are the final insult.

Veda

Has any had any experience or knowlege of Scientology sendIng an ex staffer (ex sea Org) an “Official letter from Office of the Sheriff” demanding a person returns to complete some project work?. I haven’t read the letter so I can’t confirm what the contents say but I can confirm that although this person is no longer a staffer, they are being directing them to return to Sydney for a second time to complete project work.

This person now has a normal job outside and far away from Scientolog. My guess is this”Office of the Sheriff” is a scare tactic and nothing to do with the real world and that as they have no authority over an individual. It is a very deceitful thing they are doing. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?
Have never heard of that but, per Hubbard's confidential instructions, "enemy tactics" are to be used.

Since there are people who are psychologically conditioned to fearfully obey an authoritative command, that would be on the list of control devices used by Scientology Inc.

I knew some people who, during the 1970s, received authoritative-appearing ORDERS, and also SUMMONS, to do various things, such as return all their Scientology books, or just to "report in."

The "report in" and use of the word "summons" (in capital letters) were, according to Hubbard, used by "implanters" on the "whole track." Scientology, just as it used "implant" imagery on its book covers (starting in 1968) to make people suggestible and obedient to Scientology, has always used manipulative and controlling devices.

This is rationalized as a means to an end.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Australia has real sheriffs

And I am sure the local sheriff's office would be most displeased at anyone sending fake letters in their name, and would be very interested in getting that letter.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Australia has real sheriffs

And I am sure the local sheriff's office would be most displeased at anyone sending fake letters in their name, and would be very interested in getting that letter.
Sherriffs here are attached to the courts and are primarily concerned with enforcing court directives and seizing of property.

I'm with Enthetan here, contact your local courthouse to determine if it's valid or not and give them a copy if it is bogus.

In order for the Sherriff to be involved, a Magistrate would have had to have heard a plaintiff's case and made a ruling. Naturally, the respondent would have been invited to the proceedings as well.

They would take a dim view of anyone falsifying such things in their name.
Maybe they'll be the ones chasing up the cult over it.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Sounds like impersonation of a "Sheriff"

Remember this hilarious letter sent to Stephen Jones, EX SO who lives in East Grinstead and makes videos ? ROFL !
Sent from THE DEPUTY whatever that means
. . .

That letter from THE DEPUTY seems legit.

It would make sense that someone with such a high-ranking position would be incredibly busy with tons of traffic policing beings on this planet. Therefore it makes sense that they didn't have time to:

1. Include their business card with contact information so the party could respond.
2. Issue the dire warning on official stationery clearly referencing the government agency issuing the demand.
3. Provide their identity.
4. Sign their full name (rather than anonymously scratching an "X").

PRO TIP FOR THE DEPUTY: If you refuse to provide your name and governmental authorities, you won't have the ethics presence or altitude to order people about and make them fearful. At least you should add some restimulative language & iconography such as a letterhead logo depicting an exploding volcano, which will remind the reader of getting a tax audit notice from Xenu which ended badly. For safe measure, I'd also recommend below the "X", be sure to add the impressively urgent words "FROM THE GOVERNMENT!"

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

"Sheriff? Are you sure it wasn't from the "master at arms" the "office of the Chaplain" or (heaven forbid) someone from the "office of special affairs" or some other maritime/navy type of word?"

I've never heard of a sheriff in the cult (others may have but I'd be surprised).

:confused:

You are right though, they are trying to make it sound 'scary' but it's just part of their tactics when someone leaves ... the person receiving it (being ex SO) will know that so I wouldn't worry if I were you, the cult has no real world authority over them ... and they don't have to pay back a freeloader bill legally either (though they may want to so they can remain in scientology as public because that's the only way the cult will allow it).

Freeloader bills can be huge (hundreds of thousands) and are the final insult.

ITYIWT SAID: "Sheriff? Are you sure it wasn't from the "master at arms" the "office of the Chaplain" or (heaven forbid) someone from the "office of special affairs" or some other maritime/navy type of word?"
ANSWER: That might explain it. It was probably a letter from--"The Commodore!!!" (LINK: For appropriate gravitas, every time someone reads or hears the words "The Commodore!!!", insert this sound effect)

ITYIWT SAID: "I've never heard of a sheriff in the cult (others may have but I'd be surprised)."
ANSWER: It wouldn't be the first time such lame rhetorical gimmickry was attempted. Who didn't have huge wins when they were suddenly awakened in the middle of the night , forcefully ripped out of their rooms and bum-rushed off the Ft. Harrison hotel property by the black-uniformed International Finance Police?!

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Sheriff? Are you sure it wasn't from the "master at arms" the "office of the Chaplain" or (heaven forbid) someone from the "office of special affairs" or some other maritime/navy type of word?

snip
I hope they don't mean the one that Eric Clapton shot...

I re-read the OP and realised it was probably a fake dept within the church dungeons. My bad.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

Ain't no sheriff or any such varmint in ethicsland. Listen pilgrim, this ain't no Dogde city.

... more like Pittsburgh :p

Well, there was the Financial 'Police'....
FINPO? Heck, let me tell ya something right now: it was more like Finpo the clown. FINPO documents were some of the most messy, confusing, badly catalogued, poorly investigated and overall piss-poor docs I had access to.

There was a gallon of incompetence for each ounce of malice there. And there was quite a bit of malice on its own.

Last edited: