Scientology attempts to clean up its balloon mess by clearing beach of syringes

Karen#1

Scientology made national headlines when it released hundreds of balloons at the opening of the Ventura ideal org last month. Neighbors and concerned citizens complained, and Ventura Mayor Matt LaVere claimed “The truth is that the City EXPRESSLY FORBID the Church of Scientology from doing this balloon release, and they ignored us and did it anyway. There will be a serious price to pay for this. The Church of Scientology broke our laws by littering and damaging our natural environment, and even worse, they ignored our demands not to do so. I have instructed our city attorney to review these actions and to hold the Church of Scientology liable to the fullest extent allowed by law.”

Xenu Xenu Xenu

This is like beating someone up and then mowing their front and back lawns afterward in order to make up for the damage you willfully caused. This is the way sleazy people operate.

It's not as if they have been cleaning up beaches for the last 5 decades or something. You all know that they will show even more photos of themselves cleaning that beach in their various PR activities. You also know that once they have finished with that beach they will never continue this action or ever do it again if they can help it. Even though they say they will continue, I have my doubts. Scientology only does things if it will benefit them.

You all know this. I'm just laying this out for all those never-ins reading this who are new to this insanity called Scientology.

marra

The argument about whether or not they had a permit is irrelevant. What they did was harmful to the environment so who cares whether they were allowed to do it or not? They shouldn't have done it anyway.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
The argument about whether or not they had a permit is irrelevant. What they did was harmful to the environment so who cares whether they were allowed to do it or not? They shouldn't have done it anyway.
But, but, but, balloons!