Scientologist Billionaire Robert Duggan donated $4.8 million to reelect President Trump in 2020.

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Scientologist Billionaire Robert Duggan donated $4.8 million to reelect President Trump in 2020.

According to Open Secrets, Scientologist Billionaire Robert Duggan donated:

(a) $4,000,000 to reelect President Trump through the America First Action Super PAC in 2020;

(b) $139,400 to reelect Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) through the Security Is Strength Super PAC in 2020; and

(c) a total (including the above) of $8,278,800 to outside money organizations in 2019 - 2020.

See:

Duggan, Robert: Donor Detail | OpenSecrets

Screenshot_20210102-090735_1609604329893.png

Who are the Biggest Donors?

Screenshot_20210102-091122_1609604382594.png

Screenshot_20210102-091157_1609604425896.png

Forbes reports that Robert Duggan gave a total of $4.8 million to reelect President Trump.

Trump Picked Up Six-Figure Checks From These Billionaires In The Days Before (And After) The Election

Trump Picked Up Six-Figure Checks From These Billionaires In The Days Before (And After) The Election

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

After making a $200,000 donation to a committee supporting Donald Trump and the Republican National Committee in August, pharmaceuticals billionaire Robert Duggan said he would “do considerably more as we head towards the election.” He certainly kept his promise. According to federal filings, Duggan gave another $4.6 million to groups supporting Trump in the waning days of the 2020 presidential campaign.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

As I have previously said regarding Scientologist Patricia (Trish) Duggan, my point is neither anti-Trump nor pro-Trump. I would post precisely the same thing if the contributions had been made to the Biden campaign and Democrats.

I believe it is significant when Scientologists are politically active. I believe it is far more significant when Scientologist billionaires are politically active.

The importance of these donations is not just how much is donated, but also what they portend for the future.

Republicans could reasonably think, "If the Duggans have each already donated millions to Republicans, and together donated $360 million to Scientology, how much might they donate to our candidates in the future?"

Will any Republican in Washington take on or antagonize Scientology if it means pissing off the Duggans and causing them to stop making political contributions to Republicans?

And again, I would ask precisely the same question if the contributions had been made to the Biden campaign and Democrats. My concern is non-partisan. My concern is solely about the political influence of Scientology generally, regardless of party. For example, I furiously tweeted and posted the story (including here) about Biden VP hopeful Karen Bass having spoken at the Inglewood Org opening and praising Scientology front-groups six months before the story "broke" on the Daily Caller.

/

Last edited:

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
$4.8 million to Trump is a drop in the bucket compared to what this fool has given to Scientology.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..

According to Open Secrets, Scientologist Billionaire Robert Duggan donated:

(a) $4,000,000 to reelect President Trump through the America First Action Super PAC in 2020;

(b) $139,400 to reelect Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) through the Security Is Strength Super PAC in 2020; and

(c) a total (including the above) of $8,278,800 to outside money organizations in 2019 - 2020.

See:

Duggan, Robert: Donor Detail | OpenSecrets

View attachment 8741

Who are the Biggest Donors?

View attachment 8742

View attachment 8743

Forbes reports that Robert Duggan gave a total of $4.8 million to reelect President Trump.

After making a $200,000 donation to a committee supporting Donald Trump and the Republican National Committee in August, pharmaceuticals billionaire Robert Duggan said he would “do considerably more as we head towards the election.” He certainly kept his promise. According to federal filings, Duggan gave another $4.6 million to groups supporting Trump in the waning days of the 2020 presidential campaign.

As I have previously said regarding Scientologist Patricia (Trish) Duggan, my point is neither anti-Trump nor pro-Trump. I would post precisely the same thing if the contributions had been made to the Biden campaign and Democrats.

I believe it is significant when Scientologists are politically active. I believe it is far more significant when Scientologist billionaires are politically active.

The importance of these donations is not just how much is donated, but also what they portend for the future.

Republicans could reasonably think, "If the Duggans have each already donated millions to Republicans, and together donated $360 million to Scientology, how much might they donate to our candidates in the future?"

Will any Republican in Washington take on or antagonize Scientology if it means pissing off the Duggans and causing them to stop making political contributions to Republicans?

And again, I would ask precisely the same question if the contributions had been made to the Biden campaign and Democrats. My concern is non-partisan. My concern is solely about the political influence of Scientology generally, regardless of party. For example, I furiously tweeted and posted the story (including here) about Biden VP hopeful Karen Bass having spoken at the Inglewood Org opening and praising Scientology front-groups six months before the story "broke" on the Daily Caller.

/
I could imagine Miscavige cracking a hissy fit because that money wasn't put into his coffers....

ISNOINews

I could imagine Miscavige cracking a hissy fit because that money wasn't put into his coffers....
I don't think so. He would be stupid if he did. And no, I don't think.Midcavige is stupid. I personally believe that these donations were done with Miscavige's approval, if not at his urging, and that Miscavige is smiling for the reasons I articulated in my OP.

Robert Duggan can do one thing with $4.8 million (or $8.2 million over two years) that neither the Church of Scientology nor the IAS can legally do, and that is donate the money to political candidates and PACs and Super PACks supporting political candidates.

The money Robert Duggan donated to reelect President Trump through the America First Action Super PAC, to reelect Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) through the Security Is Strength Super PAC, and to the Trump campaign and Republican party generally did far more good for Scientology than if he had donated the same amount to the IAS.

Last edited:

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
Graham was a bad investment. As for a rich cultie donating to Trump, even a broken clock is right two times a day.

ISNOINews

Tony Ortega has reported on the Robert (Bob) Duggan's total donations to the International Association of Scientologists (IAS).

The wealthy people getting Scientology through the lockdown with their donations | The Underground Bunker

Patron of Legend (Half a billion?)
Bob Duggan
Florida

This is the first time we’ve seen Bob back since he and his wife Trish split up in 2015 (their divorce was final in 2017). We had wondered if he was distancing himself, but then he gave Tracey McManus an interview in November 2019 and made it clear that he was still in the fold. Now he shows up in the Impact parade for the first time in years.

Forbes reported that Bob told them he had given well more than $360 million a few years ago, and they gave up on new status names and are just calling him “Patron of Legend” now.

ISNOINews

Tony Ortega has reported on the Robert (Bob) Duggan's total donations to the International Association of Scientologists (IAS).

The wealthy people getting Scientology through the lockdown with their donations | The Underground Bunker

Patron of Legend (Half a billion?)
Bob Duggan
Florida

This is the first time we’ve seen Bob back since he and his wife Trish split up in 2015 (their divorce was final in 2017). We had wondered if he was distancing himself, but then he gave Tracey McManus an interview in November 2019 and made it clear that he was still in the fold. Now he shows up in the Impact parade for the first time in years.

Forbes reported that Bob told them he had given well more than $360 million a few years ago, and they gave up on new status names and are just calling him “Patron of Legend” now.

Tony Ortega also notes that:

Several others became million-dollar givers for the first time, rounding out the Gold Meritorious list:

Daniel Duggan (Yes, Bob and Trish’s son)

ISNOINews

Scientologist billionaire Robert (Bob) Duggan's donations to reelect President Trump are again in the news.

Mother Jones: These 10 Billionaires Went All-In Trying To Get Donald Trump Re-Elected

5 Hours Ago

These 10 billionaires went all-in trying to get Donald Trump re-elected

Robert Duggan

Net worth (est.): $2.6 billion

Source of fortune: biotech and investing; former CEO of Pharmacyclics

Trump Victory: $1.6 million

Overall: $4.3 million

Fun fact: Duggan is a devoted Scientologist, and one of the Church of Scientology’s top donors, if not its biggest, with total contributions exceeding $360 million. “I’m not looking for bragging rights,” he told the Tampa Bay Times in 2019. “I read something from [Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard] every day and I apply it all throughout my life.”

Counter Punch: Trump and His Billionaire Enablers

January 14, 2021

Trump and His Billionaire Enablers - CounterPunch.org

4) Biotech investor Robert Duggan, worth $2.6 billion, donated $1,638,200 to the Trump Victory Fund. In the final days of the campaign, Duggan gave $4.6 million to various Trump campaign groups, according to Forbes.

Last edited:

ISNOINews

An update from Tony Ortega about Robert Duggan's latest donation to L. Ron Hubbard Hall.

ABCMouse honcho gives Scientology another $10 million — for construction of ‘LRH Hall’

ABCMouse honcho gives Scientology another $10 million — for construction of ‘LRH Hall’ | The Underground Bunker

Illuminare: $30 million?

We’ve had to estimate these last two levels, and in the past former executives who worked donations told us our guesses were, if anything, conservative. And for this highest of categories, there’s no surprise that it is Bob & Trish Duggan, the wealthiest Scientologists who have given something close to half a billion to Scientology.

But we wonder if this donation was made some time ago, because their divorce was final in 2017.

/

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
I wonder if we should be worried that a Scientology Whale is (was) supporting Trump?
Who cares? The election is over. I'm for one happy he gave that cash to Trump and not to Scientology. At least with Trump some of that cash went to graphics artists, ad designers, data analysts and other honest hard working people.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Who cares? The election is over. I'm for one happy he gave that cash to Trump and not to Scientology. At least with Trump some of that cash went to graphics artists, ad designers, data analysts and other honest hard working people.
My remark was more about how disturbing it was to agree with a scientologist whale on something.