Sanest Freezone group -If it still exists.

Veda

The Web auditor says: "I'm using LRH tech as it was written before the '60s, while he was still very enthusiastic, before he started getting bitter, unhappy, and things like that."

Can't tell if this person is being diplomatic to another auditor who is of a more conventional mind set, and refraining from saying something on the order of, "Hubbard probably had a self serving hidden agenda all along but was surrounded, during the 1950s, by some bright and innovative people, from whom he borrowed much. These were people interested in contributing to a layman oriented movement. Gradually, the brightest and most innovative people left, and the movement became a cult."

Probably, this person is not being diplomatic and is simply stating what he believes - still, it's a step in the right direction, IMO.

This "layman oriented movement," during its early years, had, as one of it inspirations, the writings of Alfred Korzybski, who wanted his subject, which he called General Semantics, to be studied and applied by any intelligent person, including the intelligent layman.

This short video ends abruptly but summarizes nicely
Korzybski's main message.

The idea was that the "ordinary" person should be able to think and evaluate clearly, and behave rationally, without being dependent on any bureaucracy or priesthood.

Zertel

The Web auditor says: "I'm using LRH tech as it was written before the '60s, while he was still very enthusiastic, before he started getting bitter, unhappy, and things like that."

Can't tell if this person is being diplomatic to another auditor who is of a more conventional mind set, and refraining from saying something on the order of, "Hubbard probably had a self serving hidden agenda all along but was surrounded, during the 1950s, by some bright and innovative people, from whom he borrowed much. These were people interested in contributing to a layman oriented movement. Gradually, the brightest and most innovative people left, and the movement became a cult."

Probably, this person is not being diplomatic and is simply stating what he believes - still, it's a step in the right direction, IMO.

This "layman oriented movement," during its early years, had, as one of it inspirations, the writings of Alfred Korzybski, who wanted his subject, which he called General Semantics, to be studied and applied by any intelligent person, including the intelligent layman.

This short video ends abruptly but summarizes nicely
Korzybski's main message.

The idea was that the "ordinary" person should be able to think and evaluate clearly, and behave rationally, without being dependent on any bureaucracy or priesthood.

Thinking about HOW I think can get confusing. I'll need to think about it some more.

I'm just being facetious but about all I remember or came across somewhere regarding critical thinking is that when I'm reading something I should be questioning what the author is saying which is possible to do when reading since you can stop reading and take time to consider what the author is saying/writing. For most people that would be impossible to do while listening to the spoken word.

Hubbard was excellent at the art of persuasion. Maybe he became so by studying rhetoric or was just a natural.

from www.dictionary.com

semantics (used with a singular verb)
1. Linguistics.
a) the study of meaning.
b) the study of linguistic development by classifying and examining changes in meaning and form.
2. Also called significs. the branch of semiotics dealing with the relations between signs and what they denote.
3. the meaning, or an interpretation of the meaning, of a word, sign, sentence, etc.:Let's not argue about semantics.
4 general semantics.
..................................................................................................................

general semantics

noun (used with a singular verb)
a philosophical approach to language, developed by Alfred Korzybski, exploring the relationship between the form of language and its use and attempting to improve the capacity to express ideas.
..................................................................................................................

from wiki

General semantics is a self-improvement and therapy program begun in the 1920s that seeks to regulate human mental habits and behaviors. After partial launches under the names human engineering and humanology,[1] Polish-American originator Alfred Korzybski[2] (1879–1950) fully launched the program as general semantics in 1933 with the publication of Science and Sanity: An Introduction to Non-Aristotelian Systems and General Semantics.

Last edited: