RIP Paul Adams

I understand folks emotions for Paul, but logically he was just a pawn in Hubbard's game, like we all were.

Not sure why you are studying pre-socratic, you ought to be studying rhetoric, and specifically how Hubbard learned to write, that was thru his Dean Wilbur, and he learned how to write by applying what Dean Wilbur wrote in his book "English Rhetoric". That's the course Hubbard took at GWU while in college, and also mentioned in his letter to Dean Wilbur.

Use zoom, or Ctrl + to enlarge, and Crtl - to reduce page size.

As you said and Paul said, I am a future researcher, and am documenting. Here is Dean Wilbur letter:

Great letter Riddick, thanks.
Rhetoric study, I never was smart enough to understand why that was a correct step. I am way sub par to grasp your wiser comments.
All I know in hindsight about all of Scientology, was Hubbard unknowingly or semi knowingly was playing out roles from his adventure story themes, on himself. Pushing his wishful thinking reality on others with the result he left a lot of people holding the bag, agreed I was one, that's a tragedy of Hubbard's building this ludicrous subject (Xenu's earth dump of body-thetans requiring OT 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 exorcism by Scientologists today).

Paul Adams will be missed as one in the ex Scientology critic/history world, greatly.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Great letter Riddick, thanks.
Rhetoric study, I never was smart enough to understand why that was a correct step. I am way sub par to grasp your wiser comments.
All I know in hindsight about all of Scientology, was Hubbard unknowingly or semi knowingly was playing out roles from his adventure story themes, on himself. Pushing his wishful thinking reality on others with the result he left a lot of people holding the bag, agreed I was one, that's a tragedy of Hubbard's building this ludicrous subject (Xenu's earth dump of body-thetans requiring OT 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 exorcism by Scientologists today).

Paul Adams will be missed as one in the ex Scientology critic/history world, greatly.
Here's my original tread on the exscientology message board, and timeline you might say.

Veda

Link to Paul's Robot Auditor

Two of the three links below are down. Perhaps someone can find a mirror of Paul's Rabbit. (It also contains other content.)

During the early days of ESMB Alan Walter and Dart Smohen were active posters. Both had been at St. Hill during the early 1960s, and both had been on the first Class 8 course on the Royal Scotsman.

Paul Adams compiled and organized these posts in e-book form as part of Paul's Rabbit eBooks. A lot of ground is covered having to do with the origins of various parts of Scientology.

Link to Alan C. Walter's ESMB posts

Link to The Real Story by Dart Smohen

Link to reincarnation quotes originally posted by Alan Walter. Videos have been added.

Paul Adams posted on ESMB as Dulloldfart, and had been a course supervisor and auditor at both St. Hill in England and at the AO in Los Angeles, if I recall correctly.

Paul created Paul's Robot Auditor and also many videos which are scattered about the Net, and should be located and consolidated.

Here are a few:

Link to another item recommend by Paul Adams.

Paul's other posts on old and new ESMB are worthy of their own e-book.

Veda

We have to ask ourself, did Paul's work actually help anybody? This is a logos, or logical, question. Is there proof? Or was his time spent for not?
Yes, it helped many people.

This is not the place, or the occasion, to demand proof.

There are many glowing testimonials.

This is a memorial thread.

Please be respectful.

ExitLeft

Paul just about saved me, really... post Scientology, with his tech.
Thank you Paul. Where ever you maybe.

add on: Specifically in scientology speak- Paul's tech gave me back what scientology hijacked or took. My real flow 0. My ability to knowingly solve things myself 100 percent of the time. Only I evaluate for me once again. Also Paul's tools helped me revisit some of the scraps never taken up that should have been a long time ago. When I do take something up now it's never someone else's carrot to chase but an occasional desire or need to look and quickly resolve something that important to me and only me.

I'm the only one who's experienced my life so why not I consult myself. I'm sure you can get the idea....

I think you're all grand too! You've all been very helpful.
Sharing your experience and perspective has been and is helpful.
Decoding or laying bare how propaganda and mind control works , LRH style took some working through. The old sock (LRH ) fooled me for a little while anyways...

Being-
Ex staff, Org and Missions/ public / work study 1980s Manor. Worked along; RPFers, EPFers, SIPRO, Renovations for Celebs: JT, Presely, Jeff Pomerance, I think Leah was a teen running around the manor with friends back then too , If I'm not mistaken etc. I've lived my fare share of rice and beans, mission pay, and 30 years of hope smashed. You all and Paul have help me work through the aftermath. Thank you

Man oh man we had High Hopes!!!!!!!

I reached my purpose and goal for joining in the first place - Afterleaving;
To be a better person and really helping in every moment making my life and others better in some way.

Life lessons are like fresh picked berries. Eat the good ones or share them and toss the bad ones.

You're all worth every moment of every day and as the old saying goes; worth your weight in gold and then some.

Last edited:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Ex staff, Org and Missions/ public / work study 1980s Manor. Worked along; RPFers, EPFers, SIPRO, Renovations for Celebs: JT, Presely, Jeff Pomerance, I think Leah was a teen running around the manor with friends back then too , If I'm not mistaken etc. I've lived my fare share of rice and beans, mission pay, and 30 years of hope smashed. You all and Paul have help me work through the aftermath. Thank you
Jeffrey Pomerantz - now, that guy was a real piece of work.

Rod5591

We have to ask ourself, did Paul's work actually help anybody? This is a logos, or logical, question. Is there proof? Or was his time spent for not?
Paul's Scientology work never helped me, and he tried more than a few times to audit me. His robot auditor and his "scratch and yawn" thing made me roll my eyes and laugh, to be honest. Scientology tech never helped anyone because its all bullshit devised by a madman. However, Scientology the support system helped many people because it steered people away from drugs, surrounded them with people who wanted to succeed, and encouraged people to start businesses to buy bridge but many also got on the road to capitalistic success. Of course, the flaws of Hubbard's system damaged many people as well. Ultimately, most people wound up leaving the church, although I know a few who are still in it, and will probably in it for life, and God bless them for continuing to try.

Paul's true value was not his Scientology work, but his kind heart, his desire to help people, his wit, his friendship, and his goodness as a human being.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
Some people can leave involvement in official Church of Scientology but they can still be hung-up on "the tech" that supposedly explains the feel-good feelings that they got from auditing. So, then, they seek an independent group/person to continue with that part of it.

Veda

Paul's Scientology work never helped me, and he tried more than a few times to audit me. His robot auditor and his "scratch and yawn" thing made me roll my eyes and laugh, to be honest. Scientology tech never helped anyone because its all bullshit devised by a madman. However, Scientology the support system helped many people because it steered people away from drugs, surrounded them with people who wanted to succeed, and encouraged people to start businesses to buy bridge but many also got on the road to capitalistic success. Of course, the flaws of Hubbard's system damaged many people as well. Ultimately, most people wound up leaving the church, although I know a few who are still in it, and will probably in it for life, and God bless them for continuing to try.

Paul's true value was not his Scientology work, but his kind heart, his desire to help people, his wit, his friendship, and his goodness as a human being.
To be fair to Paul, there are plenty of positive reviews of the techniques that he, at no cost, made available.

I'm sure you mean well, but "Scientology tech never helped anyone because it's all bullshit" is a simpleminded and counterproductive statement.

There are tens of thousands of pieces of "tech" that are labelled "Scientology."

Calling them "all bullshit" only requires Scientology to show that one tiny piece that is labelled Scientology is not "all bullshit."

Much of it didn't even originate from Hubbard.

In any event, your affirming words about Paul as a person are true and appreciated.

Peace out. :)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.

I don't have to ask myself that at all Riddick ... it may well have helped some people but I suspect doing it helped Paul and that is all that really matters to me.

:)

D

Deleted member 51

Personally, I don’t like seeing memorial threads mucked up. Especially for someone as kind, sweet, intelligent and polite as Paul.

He tried to make it easier for some to come off of Scientology. He tried to take the weighty, risky stuff out and keep it light, fun and safe. He listened honestly to constructive criticism and responded accordingly. Hundreds of people enjoyed Paul’s Robot and none became a cult member from it. He helped many and AFAIK, hurt none with it. Not everyone likes visualization, either, but it was the same sort of thing. And it was free.

So if anyone has a gripe with Paul or his Internet robot, please don’t do it on his Memorial thread. He deserved better than that and it’s disrespectful. Above all, he was our friend and a truly good person.

HelluvaHoax!

So if anyone has a gripe with Paul or his Internet robot, please don’t do it on his Memorial thread. He deserved better than that and it’s disrespectful.

Just for the record, since I met and became friends with Paul on ESMB (way back in the day) I never once posted one critical word about his internet auditing robot. Because I never once looked at or tried that robot. I know zero about it and said zero about it. My comment before was directed to Veda and I apologize for posting it on this thread--I actually didn't pay attention to which thread I was on. If it's not too late i think i will delete it now.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.

Welcome to ESMBR @Rod5591

You clearly knew Paul well ... he was everything you mention and more. I can't believe he has been gone for over a year and I think of him often.

:welcome2:

Veda

Paul just about saved me, really... post Scientology, with his tech.
Thank you Paul. Where ever you maybe.

add on: Specifically in scientology speak- Paul's tech gave me back what scientology hijacked or took. My real flow 0. My ability to knowingly solve things myself 100 percent of the time. Only I evaluate for me once again. Also Paul's tools helped me revisit some of the scraps never taken up that should have been a long time ago. When I do take something up now it's never someone else's carrot to chase but an occasional desire or need to look and quickly resolve something that important to me and only me.

I'm the only one who's experienced my life so why not I consult myself. I'm sure you can get the idea....

I think you're all grand too! You've all been very helpful.
Sharing your experience and perspective has been and is helpful.
Decoding or laying bare how propaganda and mind control works , LRH style took some working through. The old sock (LRH ) fooled me for a little while anyways...

Being-

Man oh man we had High Hopes!!!!!!!

I reached my purpose and goal for joining in the first place - Afterleaving;
To be a better person and really helping in every moment making my life and others better in some way.

Life lessons are like fresh picked berries. Eat the good ones or share them and toss the bad ones.

You're all worth every moment of every day and as the old saying goes; worth your weight in gold and then some.
I hope ExitLeft and Rod5591 will continue posting.

Their views are of interest.

lotus

Gone away from madness!
I often think of Paul. I missed him, and for specific reasons, he is very much in my thoughts in these days. 💭🙏

freethinker

Controversial
I understand folks emotions for Paul, but logically he was just a pawn in Hubbard's game, like we all were.

Not sure why you are studying pre-socratic, you ought to be studying rhetoric, and specifically how Hubbard learned to write, that was thru his Dean Wilbur, and he learned how to write by applying what Dean Wilbur wrote in his book "English Rhetoric". That's the course Hubbard took at GWU while in college, and also mentioned in his letter to Dean Wilbur.

Use zoom, or Ctrl + to enlarge, and Crtl - to reduce page size.

As you said and Paul said, I am a future researcher, and am documenting. Here is Dean Wilbur letter:

Paul was not a pawn, nor was anyone on this board. The problem that anyone here had was not being stupid, but being trusting.

What is the difference?

The difference is this, Paul believed in the truth. His failing, was just like everyone else on this board, they believed people were mainly truthful.

This is not a bad trait to have, nor stupid in it' s approach.

What we have is evil in this world, that everyone experience's but are so quick to deny.

Why do they deny it? Because it is an insane idea. It's insane that anyone would perpetuate evil.

Rod5591

Paul was not a pawn, nor was anyone on this board. The problem that anyone here had was not being stupid, but being trusting.

What is the difference?

The difference is this, Paul believed in the truth. His failing, was just like everyone else on this board, they believed people were mainly truthful.

This is not a bad trait to have, nor stupid in it' s approach.

What we have is evil in this world, that everyone experience's but are so quick to deny.

Why do they deny it? Because it is an insane idea. It's insane that anyone would perpetuate evil.
Well I am on this board and I certainly don't believe people are mainly truthful, nor basically good, which is what Hubbard taught. People may want to believe it, quite desperately, but its not true at all. Don't be deceived. People are basically evil. Just look at the world around you.

Type4_PTS

Well I am on this board and I certainly don't believe people are mainly truthful, nor basically good, which is what Hubbard taught. People may want to believe it, quite desperately, but its not true at all. Don't be deceived. People are basically evil. Just look at the world around you.

There may be individuals who are basically evil, and others who become so due to their upbringing and/or influences in life.
I disagree with your generalization though that "people are basically evil". I do look at the world around me, and that isn't at all what I see.