RIP Paul Adams

Vumba

Now that he is gone I feel like I can tell you all something.

Paul is the anonymous benefactor who paid for the setting up of this new board, and the keeping of the original ESMB alive on the net for the next decade or so. These boards were very important to him. We all have a reason to be thankful to Paul Adams.

RIP my dear friend.
Bless his heart. I’m so sad we had a few meet-ups with him over the last two years. 😭

marra

When I first left the CoS I was in the north east of England where Paul lived and I met up with other exes and they put me in touch with Paul. I never met him but we spoke on the phone and he sent me several CDs of scientology material. He was very helpful to me when I was trying to make sense of my experience.

He will be missed.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Me and Paul knew one another only through our posts on the forums and YT, but I got the feeling that Paul had made peace with his past to a level far more sane and productive than I or many other exers been able to. I found Paul to be a level-headed, inquisitive and open-minded person who had a knack for thinking outside the box. His legacy will live on through his forum posts as well as his website including Paul's robot. I'm going to miss him.

Rest in peace Paul​

He was always there to have a laugh but also to help and reach out to others through humor, I have a feeling he wouldn't like this post to end only on a sad note. He once mentioned that this was his favorite vid of the ones available on his YT, so I think its only fitting for me to post a link to it now:

Solo

So sorry to hear this sad news. Paul and I were old friends. Late nights in the galley at Stonelands, where he taught me to play bridge. Singing together, he played acoustic guitar and had a strong voice. More recently, he spent a day at our house with friends and shared his enthusiasm for new projects and talked about his love of playing bowls. Shame that in these difficult times we can't get together for a hug, but we can just remember him for his creativity and kindness. RIP dear friend.

exbritscino

A complete member........
This is so sad. I PM'ed Paul only yesterday to see how he was doing.......

I never met him, I live at the other end of the country, but I did have some online conversation with him.
Paul was a great mine of information about CoS in its earlier days, and a very intelligent and resourceful human being.

It was Paul who once told me that the OT levels, (for what they're worth), NEVER went above OT7. Anything above this is a Miscavige money making venture.

Thank you Paul for being who you are, and for being the benefactor to make this site possible.
Fly high. You'll never be forgotten.

D

Deleted member 51

What sad news! :bigcry:

Paul was such a kind man, big-hearted, intelligent and always willing to help someone. :biglove: We've had hundreds of discussions over the years. He was family to ESMB and well-loved. He contributed a tremendous number of documents, photos and insights on all sorts of subjects not just Scientology.

Thank you for everything, Paul. You lived a loving, selfless life and had a truly noble character. If only more people were like you.

Fly high. May the rest of your journey show you all the love you've given to others, a thousand times over. :heartflowers:

"Why do we never get an answer,
when we're knocking at the door?
With a thousand million questions
About hate and death and war?
And when you stop and think about it

You won't believe it's true
That all the love you've been giving

Has all been meant for you"

Last edited by a moderator:

Karakorum

I feel like quoting Paul from my thread from the the old boards:
Paul Adams said:
I believe in the spiritual nature of man, where the spirit part continues after the mortal part dies.

I believe in a whole panoply, a hierarchy of spiritual beings, including personal "guardian angels" who assist one throughout life, if one is only willing to listen to and (try to) follow the suggestions. Muses* come into this category. These guardian angels have their own guides, and so on up the, er, command chart.

It seems to me that many of these helpful hierarchical spirits are encompassed by a general idea of God, not merely some hyper-tasking Big Cheese at the nominal top of the pyramid.

*Muses. Have you [general reader] ever created some technical or artistic-type work, even writing a careful post on ESMB, and it seems effortless, where the words just seem to flow of their own accord, almost like one is taking dictation (transcribing another's words)?

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
It's so scary that he's passed. We were swapping emails and PM's yesterday and the next thing he's dead. Gone. It does give one pause for thought, who knows what's just around the corner for any of us? Best to make the most of it while we can.

I read the post about his death this morning, got up from the computer as if in a daze and wandered into the kitchen to look out of the window. A funeral cortège was passing slowly by right below my flat. Is that synchronicity or what.

Last edited:

cakemaker

Paul is the anonymous benefactor who paid for the setting up of this new board, and the keeping of the original ESMB alive on the net for the next decade or so. These boards were very important to him. We all have a reason to be thankful to Paul Adams.

RIP my dear friend.

Thank you for letting us know.

Hard to have even more respect for him than I already did but this sure adds to it immeasurably.

Karakorum

It's so scary that he's gone. We were swapping emails and PM's yesterday and the next thing he's dead. Gone. It does give one pause for thought. Who knows what's just around the corner for any of us? Best to make the most of it while we can.

I read the post about his death this morning, got up from the computer as if in a daze and wandered into the kitchen to look out of the window and a funeral cortege was passing slowly by right below my flat. Now that's synchronicity.
There's a great poem by a local poet, I'll try my best to translate the opening lines into English:

"Let's hurry to love people, they depart so quickly"

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member

RIP my dear friend.
I'm so sad to hear about Paul's leaving us. He was a great contributor here and on ESMB.

Emma, thanks for letting us know that he's the benefactor.

:rose::sadwave:

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Oh my. This news is so sad. Paul was once gracious enough to send me a large cache of material on a tiny pink usb drive. I was looking at it the other day in the drawer. I had just purchased a Seagate hard drive on which I intended to copy my own cache. I thought it would be nice to share the archives when I located his envelope with his return address. Paul was so selfless. I'd never asked him to send me anything, and he never asked for anything in return. I waited too long.

Thankyou Paul.
Your contributions were Herculean, dedicated.....

You will be missed.
Yes, he was a generous person. I did some coding for him on his 'Paul's Robot' site. He offered to pay me for my work but I was happy to do it just for something to do and to put what coding skills I did have to some useful purpose.

Later on he presented me with a brand new smartphone to make vids of mr crow with, which I think was his way of repaying me for my work. I will miss him am missing him a lot.

Last edited: