RIP Paul Adams

insatido

Hello all,

I have just become aware that sadly, Paul Adams passed away in hospital two weeks ago after a sudden illness. Paul and I had somewhat lost touch over the past two or three years, but we used to be close and I'm aware he was very involved in this community, so I thought I'd check whether you had been informed and it seemed you hadn't, so here I am.

I know some of you will be particularly concerned for his legacy, in shape of all the various resources he has made available online. Out of respect for his next of kin I'm hesitant to go into any detail until I've spoken to them (which ought to be very soon). However, my understanding is that Paul did make arrangements for these to be maintained after his death.

I aim to get back to you soon, especially if there's anything I can help with for those of you who were also close to him. However please understand that I'm what they're calling a "key worker" these days, so coupled with this unexpected news this is stressful for me too. Please forgive me if I'm slow in getting back to you.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Good bye Paul, I wish we could have met just to shoot the shit. Enjoyed many of your posts on ESMB.

Sad to hear of this news.

HelluvaHoax!

Paul........wherever you are.....wherever we all are.......we're sending you lots of love and thanks for all the lovely time we had together.

I hope there's another chapter somewhere else, sometime else-- however it all works.

Peace, brother!

Last edited:

lotus

Gone away from madness!
Thank you for letting know; some of us expected such news 😒

Paul, you were a true gentleman, which is rare in these days.🤗

You will be missed 😕
Thank you for those humorous sharing we had together. Wish you knew you were loved and appreciated.

Goodbye, Fly high

💐

Last edited:

Emma

A brilliant germ, safe from windmill cancer
Staff member
Now that he is gone I feel like I can tell you all something.

Paul is the anonymous benefactor who paid for the setting up of this new board, and the keeping of the original ESMB alive on the net for the next decade or so. These boards were very important to him. We all have a reason to be thankful to Paul Adams.

RIP my dear friend.

Hatshepsut

Oh my. This news is so sad. Paul was once gracious enough to send me a large cache of material on a tiny pink usb drive. I was looking at it the other day in the drawer. I had just purchased a Seagate hard drive on which I intended to copy my own cache. I thought it would be nice to share the archives when I located his envelope with his return address. Paul was so selfless. I'd never asked him to send me anything, and he never asked for anything in return. I waited too long.

Thankyou Paul.
Your contributions were Herculean, dedicated.....

You will be missed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Vumba

Hello all,

I have just become aware that sadly, Paul Adams passed away in hospital two weeks ago after a sudden illness. Paul and I had somewhat lost touch over the past two or three years, but we used to be close and I'm aware he was very involved in this community, so I thought I'd check whether you had been informed and it seemed you hadn't, so here I am.

I know some of you will be particularly concerned for his legacy, in shape of all the various resources he has made available online. Out of respect for his next of kin I'm hesitant to go into any detail until I've spoken to them (which ought to be very soon). However, my understanding is that Paul did make arrangements for these to be maintained after his death.

I aim to get back to you soon, especially if there's anything I can help with for those of you who were also close to him. However please understand that I'm what they're calling a "key worker" these days, so coupled with this unexpected news this is stressful for me too. Please forgive me if I'm slow in getting back to you.
OMG No! We have been seeing him over the last couple of years, and we last spoke to him a couple of months ago! I’m really, really sad and thank you for letting us know. With this bloody lockdown situation I’m guessing we can’t go to his funeral either (unless it’s happened already)! Really devastated! 😭😭