References regarding the position of the Church of Scientology on the LGBTQ community and LGBTQ issues. (Continually updating thread.)

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
References regarding the position of the Church of Scientology on the LGBTQ community and LGBTQ issues. (Continually updating thread.)

First, for text, Mike Rinder's essay, "Scientology Homophobia, which addresses Scientology scripture:

Scientology Homophobia

Screenshot_20210219-151108_1613772710321-1.png

Second, Nora Crest's video, "Why You Can't Be Gay In Scientology," which also addresses Scientology scripture:

Third, the academic paper, "The Dangerous Discourse of Dianetics: Linguistic Manifestations of Violence Toward Queerness in the Canonical Religious Philosophy of Scientology."

GCGt4dl.png

Fourth, Tony Ortega's story, "Scientology’s Homophobia: Even the Church’s Token Gay Guy Was Disgusted."

Scientology's Homophobia: Even the Church's Token Gay Guy Was Disgusted | The Village Voice

Screenshot_20210219-151648_1613773066120-2.png

Fifth, the Church of Scientology admits that it does not perform gay weddings.

Screenshot_20210503-102453_1620063330949_1620063797402.png

/

ISNOINews

First, for text, Mike Rinder's essay, "Scientology Homophobia, which addresses Scientology scripture:

Scientology Homophobia

View attachment 13662

Second, Nora Crest's video, "Why You Can't Be Gay In Scientology," which also addresses Scientology scripture:

Third, the academic paper, "The Dangerous Discourse of Dianetics: Linguistic Manifestations of Violence Toward Queerness in the Canonical Religious Philosophy of Scientology."

View attachment 13663

Fourth, Tony Ortega's story, "Scientology’s Homophobia: Even the Church’s Token Gay Guy Was Disgusted."

Scientology's Homophobia: Even the Church's Token Gay Guy Was Disgusted | The Village Voice

View attachment 13664

Fifth, the Church of Scientology admits that it does not perform gay weddings.

View attachment 13665

/
Sixth, on 5/20/21, the Church of Scientology replied to a question about sexual orientation as follows:

"Sexual orientation is not a criteria for membership in the Church. The first statement in the Creed of the Church of Scientology is that “All men of whatever race, color or creed were created with equal rights.”"

Screenshot_20210525-202044_1621999317607.png

The Church of Scientology's reply is non-sequitur and disingenuous. What do race, color and creed have to do with sexual orientation?

The Creed of the Church of Scientology does NOT say that “All men of whatever race, color, creed or sexual orientation were created with equal rights.”

The fact that the Creed of the Church of Scientology deliberately omits those who have a different sexual orientation (i.e., LGBTQ) from the class of people who have "equal rights" is what is important, telling, and indeed controlling.

/

Dotey OT

Fixed Dedicated Glare Now Fixed
I have some gay friends that are still in, and they are still hopeful that they can do the ot levels. It has been about four or five years that one of them has been going back and forth to AOLA and flag.

He always says that he is one step away.

But surprise, hasn't happened.

I used to feel sorry for him, and I did try to talk to his partner. But they tried to recover me and were "good scientologists" and rejected my hints.

Onward they suffer.

onceuponatime

Some of it has loosened up but I haven't heard of any LGBTQ people making it onto the OT levels. Also haven't heard of any of them being allowed onto staff/SO.

Clear, sure. Beyond that, no. I imagine your friend is just getting endless FPRD. Of course they won't tell him this, but the actual EP they are looking for is "not gay". Short of that I can't see RTC ever letting him onto the OT levels (not that he's missing anything by not doing them).

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if things have changed but in the past you could be gay and do OT levels. The catch was that you could not be DOING homosexual acts.

So no 2D partner of the same sex permitted.

Their statement that the orgs will not perform a gay wedding pretty much shows they are not LGBTQ+ friendly. No such service... yeah, like it would be so very difficult to have such a service.

ISNOINews

Their statement that the orgs will not perform a gay wedding pretty much shows they are not LGBTQ+ friendly. No such service... yeah, like it would be so very difficult to have such a service.
Someone on ESMBR (sorry, I forgot who) told me that the Church of Scientology could not and cannot create a wedding ceremony for gay and lesbian couples because Hubbard did not.

What do you think?

/

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
It would be simple to modify the existing ceremonies but they don't want gays marrying so they won't do it.