Red alert for the OT committee in Clearwater

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Cayo Costa where landfall was made at red marker. Looks like several barrier islands should dampen the force somewhat.....I would think.

View attachment 18977

View attachment 18978
Oh sorry for misspelling it as Caya Costa. I just heard them pronounce it, not the name as written. I'm not super familiar with FL other than the Tampa bay area.

Tanchi

Since I got up, I've been glued to CNN. My niece, an art professor, just moved to Sarasota. She's 31, slayin it, but she is still my curlyhead baby. She was finally persuaded to evacuate, but only to her dad's. He lives in SpringHill north of Clearwater. F**K!!

So, during my viewing I saw an interview with someone in the United Cajun Navy. Awww. I miss Mirit!

Karakorum

Since I got up, I've been glued to CNN. My niece, an art professor, just moved to Sarasota. She's 31, slayin it, but she is still my curlyhead baby. She was finally persuaded to evacuate, but only to her dad's. He lives in SpringHill north of Clearwater. F**K!!

So, during my viewing I saw an interview with someone in the United Cajun Navy. Awww. I miss Mirit!
The good thing is that Sarasota seems to have dodged the bullet and the main eye band withe 150 mph winds missed it.
From what they are saying, they might be experiencing 90 mph gusts or so.

Karakorum

Punta Gorda footage. Now that looks a lot like what I've seen in Kauai. Eerily similar.

Lee #28

My electric has gone out now…. Dang!

Now the waiting game for repairs. Electric supplier here is pretty good at that…. But still very windy and a bit of rain.

Bought some steaks….
But no charcoal or Propane to cook em. But my neighbor does😀

Karakorum

My electric has gone out now…. Dang!

Now the waiting game for repairs. Electric supplier here is pretty good at that…. But still very windy and a bit of rain.

Bought some steaks….
But no charcoal or Propane to cook em. But my neighbor does😀
Darn, hope you have some candles handy. If the neighbor is pretty, well maybe the candles will be a good thing ;)

Karakorum

Parts of Tampa have lost power, so likely parts of CW might be out as well.

Lee #28

Yes, checked and Duke Energy ( local electric supplier ) reporting outages in downtown Clearwater.

They report repair crews standing by but still to windy to precede.

Still extremely windy here… and light rain in St. Pete.

HelluvaHoax!

Got unworkable OT tech?
Don't worry about it, just apply more OT tech!

Got cancer?
Don't worry about it, just smoke more cigarettes!

Got a hurricane?

Don't worry about it, just do more production.

- - -

LINK
Clearwater company run by Scientologist asked
employees to work in office during Hurricane Ian

The CEO, who learned her management style from L. Ron Hubbard books, has now apologized for messages sent to employees.

By Justin Garcia on Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 2:22 pm
SEND A NEWS TIP
A 2019 photo outside Postcard Mania HQ - Photo by Postcard Mania via Google Maps
Photo by Postcard Mania via Google Maps -A 2019 photo outside Postcard Mania HQ

On Monday, a Clearwater company asked employees to work at the office during Hurricane Ian as the storm gathered strength in the Gulf Of Mexico.

PostcardMania, a marketing company run by CEO Joy Gendusa, told employees they’d be working during the storm, which is currently hitting Florida as a borderline Category 5 hurricane.

“We are not closing. We are working,” a message from Gendusa read. “We’ll make it super fun for the kids!”

Employees were advised by Gendusa, a devout Scientologist, that they could bring their families, including children and pets into the office so they could work during the hurricane.

In her text to employees, Gendusa dismissed reports about the dangerousness of the hurricane.

“There’s always more hype in the media than any storm that has ever hit here. PostcardMania is the best place to be - its super strong,” Gendusa said, referring to the company’s headquarters that is over 60,000 square feet.

Reports say that during a Zoom call the same day that the texts were sent, Gendusa made it clear that she didn’t want Ian to stand in the way of production.

“Obviously you feeling safe and comfortable is of the utmost importance, but I honestly want to continue to deliver and I want to have a good end of quarter,” Gendusa said.
“And when [Hurricane Ian] turns into nothing, I don’t want it to be like, ‘Great, we all stopped producing because of the media and the maybe that it was going to be terrible.’”

The messages and Zoom call notes were first made public yesterday by Labor Notes journalist Jonah Furman and have since gained national attention in VICE News.

PostcardMania has not yet responded to a request for comment from Creative Loafing Tampa Bay, but the company did tell VICE that it was “not correct” that Gendusa was asking employees to work through the hurricane.

“Our office is closed Wednesday and Thursday,” the company told VICE. “We have some employees voluntarily working remote who are safely located in non-evacuation zones. Our building is open as a shelter during the hurricane for staff, friends, children and pets. We did this during Irma as well.”

A Wednesday phone call to the company confirmed that they are currently closed during the storm.

“We will reopen as soon as it is safe for our employees to return to the office,” the voicemail for PostcardMania said.

An anonymous employee told VICE that it was public pressure following Furman’s post about the company that made management decide to shut down for the hurricane.

“I was under the impression that we were expected to work, and if you had to work from home or an evacuation zone, log in on your laptop,” the employee said. “The messaging was ‘production will not slow down,’ consistently up until that post went viral.”

Employees who spoke to VICE said that workers were expected back in the office Friday, and that they still had to hit their 40 hours of work, even if that meant working through the weekend.

In a Wednesday morning email that was shared by the company with VICE after the news outlet published its story about the company, Gendusa apologized for the company’s messaging to employees.

“I know this has been a stressful time, and I want to apologize to anyone who received our text message on Monday and felt that it came across as insensitive,” Gendusa wrote. “That text did not accurately reflect how seriously we were taking this storm and everyone's safety, and I regret that it was sent without better judgment.”

In an interview with Scientology-owned “Freedom Magazine” Gendusa said that she moved to Clearwater to study Scientology more than 25 years ago.

She estimated that around a quarter of the employees at PostcardMania were Scientologists. The Tampa Bay Times once described the company as a workplace that “focuses on individual, respect for all.”

Freedom Magazine said that Gendusa is a high school dropout, and that all of her business acumen is self-taught.

Her source for gaining her business acumen is a 12-volume series containing a management methodology authored by Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard.

In addition to founding the religion, Hubbard wrote his thoughts on how organizations of any kind can operate successfully and prosper.

Gendusa told the magazine, “I studied a lot of Mr. Hubbard’s writings on administration and management, where I learned things and then applied them in practical ways to my life and, secularly, to my business.”

In the same article, PostcardMania’s Public Relations Director, Jessica Lalau, said that they follow Hubbard’s teachings to get their work done.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Reports say that during a Zoom call the same day that the texts were sent, Gendusa made it clear that she didn’t want Ian to stand in the way of production.
Yep, that's the Scientology attitude. Fuck risk to your life, get the stats!

I expect Flag to currently be like that, only more so.

TheSneakster

Freedom Magazine said that Gendusa is a high school dropout, and that all of her business acumen is self-taught..
Joy Gendusa is an OT VIII completion, FYI. Somehow, I am not surprised at the level of delusion.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Yep, that's the Scientology attitude. Fuck risk to your life, get the stats!

I expect Flag to currently be like that, only more so.
It's "do not listen to the entheta news, it's almost never accurate and inflates the danger to untrue levels."

I am no longer a scn'st but agree with that part about the news. However, it's just another out-of-step with reality day in the small world of scientology.

If Joy Gendusa had closed when it was reasonable by reasonable caution, she would have been seen as pts by her own group.

She will shake it off.

HelluvaHoax!

It's "do not listen to the entheta news, it's almost never accurate and inflates the danger to untrue levels."I am no longer a scn'st but agree with that part about the news. However, it's just another out-of-step with reality day in the small world of scientology. If Joy Gendusa had closed when it was reasonable by reasonable caution, she would have been seen as pts by her own group. She will shake it off.

LOL (Shake-it-Off tech)

MY FAVORITE FOUR (4) PARTS OF THE GENDUSA PRODUCTION CODE OF HONOR:

- - It pays homage to Ron's "make money...make more money" by applying "make postcards...make more postcards"​
- - Gendusa recognizes and respects the fact that Postcards are a "deadly serious activity" (ref: GCO Policy Letter "KPW").​
- - Gendusa's staff who miss work because of a cataclysmic hurricane (and don't deliver every single hour of their 40 hour week mandate) nonetheless have to take responsibility for not making it go right by "making up the time" over the weekend.​
- - It's so easy to keep winning in the middle of a ferociously destructive hurricane— if only one remains "insouciant" and applies Ron's tech on "Spirit of Play" (e.g. as the hurricane waves hopelessly overwhelm one's mest body and wash it out to sea, the Scientologist can be heard to laugh loudly while shouting "Wow, this is so much fun!!!")​

Last edited:

onceuponatime

Funny you should mention that. I was just opining in the Scientology sub-Reddit that Darth Midget has almost certainly fled his posh quarters in the Flag Building for a safer locale. There is a report in there that public members are still coming in to FLB for services. That is just absurdly foolhardy, if true.
I can also confirm this, I would hear if Flag closes, they kept it business as usual.

Karakorum

Fort Myers is pretty bad
Yep. That's Ft Myers:

Naples had this horrible storm surge where the winds pushed the sea way up the streets and flooded everything with salt water. :(

From the way the map looked, I imagine North Port and Englewood were hit very, very hard by the winds. Because of the way the hurricane moved, they were never in the eye of the hurricane, but stayed in the heaviest wind band all the time. So I imagine the wind did particularly heavy devastation there.

Port Charlotte got hit very bad as well. :(

This is from Port Charlotte:

Punta Gorda:

The good thing is that everything north of Sarasota seems to have been mostly spared.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

I live in Tampa and am surprised I still have power. I began to head down to the Miami area yesterday but once I saw the hurricane's path had shifted and the Tampa Bay area would not take a direct hit I came back home.

The southwest part of Florida got hit horribly though. It's not OK that the OT Committee sent the hurricane there. I'm writing up a CSW to request a Comm Ev for the entire OT Committee for causing billions of dollars in damage and thousands of ruined lives in that part of Florida.

Fortunately, Scientology has one of the largest disaster relief forces on this planet, the Volunteer Ministers, and they can rebuild that part of the state that was destroyed by the OT Committee.

Karakorum

Hope everyone is fine by the way.