Red alert for the OT committee in Clearwater

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Any outcome regardless will be cause for celebration. Someone will spin it to work with the narrative, they always do and it always works for those that are true believers.

It's just like the vaccine. It kept you from dying, didn't it? A true believer would think so.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
If I ever again ended up in a natural disaster zone, I'd want to be there with a big film crew.

There was one time as a kid when we were with mom in Hawaii, they were shooting a big movie. Really huge special effects team, huge set team. As luck would have it, we got hit by a hurricane with 100+ mph winds. The mere sound of the wind hitting the building was like a freight train. Plus the sound of the waves could be heard all the way in the hotel. Furniture was slightly shaking, the chandeliers were swinging inside the building.

It would have been scary, but the team coordinated, we got placed in a large hall, we had lots of food supplies, portable beds, the lighting crew had their generators and lights, so we had light even after the whole area lost power. The crew had CB radios so they could listen to the reports. Guys had stunt safety lines they would use if they wanted to go outside to catch the signal.

It all felt really well organized, equipped and safe. There were kids of other crew members and also child actors so we would play games, or just share stories and actually managed to have fun in the middle of this inferno.

Next day outside... seemed like an atom bomb was dropped. Buildings without roofs, buildings with the 2nd story gone, ruins, the sets were pulverized, palms stripped of leaves...

I really don't wish that upon the people in Clearwater, scientologists or not.

Karakorum

Seems the eye of the storm will not pass directly over CW, but further to the south through Port Charlotte and Venice.

But CW is still in the immedieate affected area. here are NOAA maps:

La La Lou Lou

Karakorum

Karakorum

It now clearly seems that it is coming over Port Charlotte. Naples and Clearwater seem to be somewhat out of the way, but that is mostly an illusion. This hurricane is massive, and CW might well get a glancing blow by the so called "eye edge" where some of the strongest winds are.

Down the line, Orlando is in the path of the storm too. Disneyland might need some renovation after this.

Karakorum

Did Davey stay in CW for this? Or did he suddenly decide to pay a surprise visit to Twin Cities? ;)

TheSneakster

Did Davey stay in CW for this? Or did he suddenly decide to pay a surprise visit to Twin Cities? ;)
Funny you should mention that. I was just opining in the Scientology sub-Reddit that Darth Midget has almost certainly fled his posh quarters in the Flag Building for a safer locale. There is a report in there that public members are still coming in to FLB for services. That is just absurdly foolhardy, if true.

Karakorum

Funny you should mention that. I was just opining in the Scientology sub-Reddit that Darth Midget has almost certainly fled his posh quarters in the Flag Building for a safer locale. There is a report in there that public members are still coming in to FLB for services. That is just absurdly foolhardy, if true.
Well, as bad as Hubbard was in many ways, I'm quite sure he would have stayed with the base and probably would have spent the whole day walking around making sure the windows are secured, sandbags in place, all supplies ready etc.
After reading Janis's book, I got the feeling that one of the good impressions Hubbard made on people was based on how he handled these sort of storms at sea etc.

Karakorum

It seems it will make landfall any minute now, between Port Charlotte and Fort Myers

Karakorum

Well, this is footage from Naples FL:

The storm surge looks bad.

Karakorum

They just announced that the hurricane made landfall in Caya Costa (Barrier island).

Lee #28

Well.....everything is ok here, so far.

Still have electricity which is great! My neighbor across the street lost hers......

Hurricane made landfall significantly south of my location....

Still......lots of leaves and small branches / twigs down in the street from my big oak trees.....

Karakorum

Well.....everything is ok here, so far.

Still have electricity which is great! My neighbor across the street lost hers......

Hurricane made landfall significantly south of my location....

Still......lots of leaves and small branches / twigs down in the street from my big oak trees.....
Great to hear you are fine. I keep watching footage from North Port and Naples and it looks really bad. I'm having flashbacks from that hurricane on kauai three decades ago.

Karakorum

They just showed some footage from St.Pete... and really doesn't look bad at all over there.

Last edited: