Reconnecting with old adversaries

The_Fixer

Well, that was kind of out of left field here...

Did something interesting happen? : Ole Marty blow a kiss at you?

Veda

Well, that was kind of out of left field here...

Did something interesting happen? : Ole Marty blow a kiss at you?

The question is a natural corollary - of sort - to "reconnecting with old friends."

It sometimes happens at class reunions.

Two school bullies come to mind. They never bothered me but they were cruel to other kids.

Years later, I accidentally encountered each on a separate occasion. Both had been sent off to college (think 1970s college - a different atmosphere than today).

One started listening to Bob Dylan and started, himself, writing poetry.

The other discovered Joni Mitchell and became a fan of her music. For the first time in his life he actually listed to, and appreciated, music.

The change was remarkable.

Fixer, you bring up Marty Rathbun. His changes are the topic of a linked thread: Marty saw the light and was crushed.

Old ESMB poster Alanzo even makes an appearance on the thread. Alanzo has changed too, but as with Marty, not for the better.

Back to the theme of this thread: People can change, and sometimes for the better.

Just in case anyone has anything to say about old adversaries who changed in a good way.

If not, that's fine too.

George2

Kind of like John Sweeney becoming friends with Mike Rinder after Mike Rinder had verbally harassed him! Love the music, two of my favs, Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen. I personally haven't become friends with an old adversary, but I do remember that a neighbor who used to harass my family, later apologized to my dad and they became kind of friends. I imagine many exes probably have examples of people who were a-holes in Scientology but once leaving changed?