Recent ex-scn

Many well wishes to you and yours. I've been back in the world for 40 years. Perspectives change as the Koolaid wears off, expect to smile more
and recognize Agent Smith by the smell from a mile away. I'd also like to offer you any help you may need, at any time. Same is true for anyone who would want to leave, but does not have a lifeline.
Thank you! I really appreciate that. I've been reading A Piece of Blue Sky, but what was it like leaving 40 years ago?

When I left Scientology (quietly, they did not know) I was in fear of them coming to my home and work. I covered all windows in my house and would not answer the door. It was a form of PTSD.

Can I ask you what you are afraid of - and if you say "the usual" we will all understand that it is fair game and disconnection without saying anything that will reveal anything.
I think that's a reasonable reaction to reges. I empathize with your PTSD; I have many symptoms PTSD as well. Mostly I'm just afraid of disconnection before I'm ready. I am leaning toward eventually being outspoken against scientology and other cults, so I'm sure fair game will happen. It's scary to contemplate, but many people have been through it and are still getting their message out.

Glad you were able to move away with no forwarding address. And telling that new owner was a good thing to do.

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
I think that's a reasonable reaction to reges. I empathize with your PTSD; I have many symptoms PTSD as well. Mostly I'm just afraid of disconnection before I'm ready. I am leaning toward eventually being outspoken against scientology and other cults, so I'm sure fair game will happen. It's scary to contemplate, but many people have been through it and are still getting their message out.

Glad you were able to move away with no forwarding address. And telling that new owner was a good thing to do.
Unless you are close to DM, you don't have to worry about fair gaming. They don't bother with anyone but those who know the truth about DM and are willing to talk about it AFAIK.
The people at the bottom can't know about Fair game. It would shatter the PR image they have about their church.

Barile

Thank you! I really appreciate that. I've been reading A Piece of Blue Sky, but what was it like leaving 40 years ago?
Things were very different then, and the situation was very different. I was the HGC c/s at CCLA and announced I'd be leaving, no reason given.
My comm ev was manned by the other CCLA c/s's. Their findings: They could find no crimes or high crimes... or anything else for that matter.
This did not fly with HCO, so they had to come up with some bogus charges. I could have cared less, I just wanted to walk out the door, in full view of everyone, and be an example to anyone else on staff that needed to see that it was possible. That was summer of 1979. As is often heard in other communities, "Freedom is not Free" ( and is unavailable on store shelves ).
The other details are here Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

TrevAnon

Big list researcher
......., so I'm sure fair game will happen. It's scary to contemplate, but many people have been through it and are still getting their message out.
From what I've understood over the last several years only those who speak out LOUDLY can expect to be fair game.

I am assuming they don't have the manpower to go after all who speak out. I think only OSA can do fair game? They have to be careful to ask only the trusted (from their point of view) scientologists to go out and fair game someone as they run a risk that, if such a person starts thinking for him-/herself, they will lose that person as a member as well.

Or am I wrong and is there also fair gaming against people who do NOT speak out?

I know they can bother people who no longer come to the org for auditing, events etc. including by visiting their homes. That I'm sure can be really annoying and even make people feel scared and angry, but AFAIK it's not fair gaming. (Again from their point of view.)

Whattodo

So true! It's 1-800-CONSPIRACY over there.
I mentioned this on a previous thread but no one really said anything.

But the people I know are into conspiracy big time, so much so they had me hooked for a while. Like Covid19, it was 5g and then something else, microchips in vaccinations etc.

I think there might be some gullible characteristic that tends to be a common theme and perhaps why they were drawn into Scientology

Things were very different then, and the situation was very different. I was the HGC c/s at CCLA and announced I'd be leaving, no reason given.
My comm ev was manned by the other CCLA c/s's. Their findings: They could find no crimes or high crimes... or anything else for that matter.
This did not fly with HCO, so they had to come up with some bogus charges. I could have cared less, I just wanted to walk out the door, in full view of everyone, and be an example to anyone else on staff that needed to see that it was possible. That was summer of 1979. As is often heard in other communities, "Freedom is not Free" ( and is unavailable on store shelves ).
The other details are here Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare
That was a brave thing. I'm glad you got out. No, freedom isn't free or bought as a book, or as auditing intensives. It's won through experiences like that.

I mentioned this on a previous thread but no one really said anything.

But the people I know are into conspiracy big time, so much so they had me hooked for a while. Like Covid19, it was 5g and then something else, microchips in vaccinations etc.

I think there might be some gullible characteristic that tends to be a common theme and perhaps why they were drawn into Scientology
Yes, and I think that scientology actually encourages that viewpoint. Scientology is not mainstream, and there's a tendency to gravitate toward other "non-mainstream" and not "officially sanctioned" ideas. Distrust and disdain of the medical field, mental health field, government, etc. is encouraged both by Hubbard and other scientologists.

If you've ever been recruited, the standard spiel is a lot of conspiracy theories. I think the "dwindling spiral" dogma also really encourages this.