Ralph Hilton, RIP

Inanna

Arriving fresh from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
I just heard about this. I don’t yet know the date of death.

Inanna

Ralph was Apollo crew and was the Mr Fix it guy for all Emeter problems.
He was a very gentle soul, gifted in his knowledge of electronics.
Sorry he went so far adrift in .....theories and hypotheticals..
RIP Ralph.
He was happy and out of CofS. He had a significant other, his own place in Semmering- I think he lived as he wanted to, which nobody can do in the cult.

Veda

I didn't know Ralph. We had some exchanges on ESMB. He seemed like a nice person.

In the end he concluded that it was the asbestos from the Apollo that killed him.

I wish him well.

Inanna

Andy’s since said that he (Andy) is no longer doing independent Scientology.

Riddick

I clap to no man
This is sad, Ralph was such a good person to get questions answered. He was a regular person, I knew Ralph when I was only in the Sea Org for a few weeks, he was the Mission I/C and me the 2nd, and our project Mission was to go through ALL of the Flag Central Files, then in the Clearwater Bank building which Scientology Apollo Sea Org vets all took over, I was a total non Apollo vet newbie Sea Org member, there were 100 of us newbies, and we went all sorts of directions, my first spur of the moment Sea Org duty was be on this project Mission with Ralph going through all of the Central Files. It took a month, we looked at literally EVERY single Flag Central Files folder, like 14-16 hours a day.

Ralph truly was calm and unflappable. He smoked like a chimney though.

Later, when Ralph got RPFed, it was due to him being incorrectly blamed for the "fire" that happened in 1977 or so, in the Clearwater Building, he happened to have been on security watch, back when random Sea Org members held building "watch" all night duty, before the security forces in all Sea Org units today. Of course it wasn't his fault, but someone always has to be blamed.

What I will miss most is Ralph's normal empathy and honesty and he spoke his opinions frankly and answered all questions I ever had, about things. I asked him technical questions, about the processes that are in Hubbard's writings, which aren't used on the official Bridge today, and he's tried them, and gave his opinion. (This would be verbal data in the "church" but Ralph was a normal person, he answered things normally.).

I really am so sad. Ralph Hilton did do what so many Sea Org members who wanted to be auditors, but in the Sea Org they never got to. He got out and did it as a career move once quitting.

And Ralph probably built a better Enmeter than Scientology's.

This is really sad. I'm so sorry he's gone.

I just refered someone to ask him a question, the freezone and people who have tech questions, Ralph's not around now, to give free and "verbal data" full answers, which is needed. People just need to be free talking "tech", that's normal.

Chuck Beatty

Cat's Squirrel

I met Ralph once at an Independents' conference in London in 1994, and subsequently had a conversation with him on the old board about a disagreement I had with something he'd said on ARS (in a conversation with Ken Ogger). I noticed his heavy smoking too, though he subsequently gave it up!

He was very intelligent (I believe he taught himself programming and electronics, and subsequently took a degree in psychology), and also very committed to "finding the way out". He had a sense of humour too (when he ran his FZ centre in Semmerling, he made his dog the ethics officer), and had a hobby of growing industrial strength chillis.

RIP Ralph.

NewMe

Further up this thread is a clip from an interview which Ralph did. For anyone whose watched the full interview, he described the people on this forum in a very poor way. We were basically degraded natterers in his eyes, debasing his guru, Ron.

In the interview he admits that he NEVER had any personal encounters with Ron other than walking close to him on the ship and "feeling" his massive spiritual presence. At the same time he's talking down those who did have (many dissapointing) encounters with Ron, where his God like personality is truly shattered. The facts don't always tie-up with Hilton's "feelings".

I have no ill will towards him and if there's a next life or something else- I wish him the best. I think I had to remind myself of how loyal he was to Ron at the end and was a great believer in the workability of the tech.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Further up this thread is a clip from an interview which Ralph did. For anyone whose watched the full interview, he described the people on this forum in a very poor way. We were basically degraded natterers in his eyes, debasing his guru, Ron.

In the interview he admits that he NEVER had any personal encounters with Ron other than walking close to him on the ship and "feeling" his massive spiritual presence. At the same time he's talking down those who did have (many dissapointing) encounters with Ron, where his God like personality is truly shattered. The facts don't always tie-up with Hilton's "feelings".

I have no ill will towards him and if there's a next life or something else- I wish him the best. I think I had to remind myself of how loyal he was to Ron at the end and was a great believer in the workability of the tech.
he for certain fell for hubbard's rhetoric. Will he return from his death to recall all his memories?

The Logician

Bon voyage, Ralphie! You are on a VERY short list of really smart Beings that I have met in or out of Scn! Your expertise in electronics and higher level math really set you far apart from other S.O. members I have met and worked with. Talk about a go-to guy for answers on many subjects, I wish that we had been able to chat more before Miss Cabbage took over and ran the place into the ground! And you were a great Supervisor in the ITO too! You didn't ever let on directly about how much time track you could look at, but I knew that it was a lot, I could just feel that you were accessing it, and that was why you had such a calm demeanor about you. You are unshakable. Power and certainty comes from knowledge, and you have lots of all three.
I'm sure that you have found a good family to pick up a new body from by now!

Highest ARC,
Randy