Purif instructions wanted

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
i would date it to some point on a day in 1938, when 'source' and some friends got high on nitrous oxide gas -- reading between the lines as is typically necessary with him, it sounds to me more like he got ahold of dental gas for 'recreational' purposes than underwent a dental procedure -- and after doing what are sometimes known as 'whippets' in modern times, he went and wrote 'Excalibur', going down a dark rabbit hole of megalomania (a not unknown effect of nitrous oxide intoxication, though with a particularly power-hungry spin in his case).
I do remember hearing his dental story. I have to wonder though, if it was such an incredible experience, why did he then avoid dentists like the plague? Maybe he said but I don’t remember.
I hadn't considered the possibility that his nitrous experience was recreational rather than dental. Certainly a possibility.

What has occurred to me is that maybe it never happened at all. The source of the story IIRC is Forest J. Ackerman. Maybe this is just an impressive-sounding story LRH made up to tell Ackerman in the late 40's, and is no more factual than his bogus war stories or the 273 cases he supposedly treated before he wrote DMSMH. Pure fiction, in other words. :questions:

ETA: As time went on and he told the story over and over, he probably came to believe it himself.

vegan3

I hadn't considered the possibility that his nitrous experience was recreational rather than dental. Certainly a possibility.

What has occurred to me is that maybe it never happened at all. The source of the story IIRC is Forest J. Ackerman. Maybe this is just an impressive-sounding story LRH made up to tell Ackerman in the late 40's, and is no more factual than his bogus war stories or the 273 cases he supposedly treated before he wrote DMSMH. Pure fiction, in other words. :questions:

ETA: As time went on and he told the story over and over, he probably came to believe it himself.
yes probably so. definitely a pathological liar. i lived with one and oh the stories he could tell. you never knew fact from fiction. entertaining in a very damaging way.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
yes probably so. definitely a pathological liar. i lived with one and oh the stories he could tell. you never knew fact from fiction. entertaining in a very damaging way.
Here's Ackerman's account of Hubbard telling him the story. Note that he says Ron told him he was in the military when the incident occurred. (Uh-oh ....)

There's lots of interesting stuff here beside the account of Ron's "operation," about his prowess as a hypnotist (earlier in the video) and Ackerman's experience with dianetics.

Helena Handbasket

Third week report:

Niacin up to 3.4 g, with only mild reactions. Skin smoother and blemishes lighter. Itchy spots a little less itchy. I'm not ruling out the placebo effect. My mood is stabilzing, but this could be a result of the B1 -- up to 1100 mg. Had to have a day off because of heart problems, but I got that under control. Full report next week.

Helena

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
BACK TO THE CAL-MAG

I've finished my first week of re-doing the Purif and want to share my experiences.

First of all, I'm not doing it because of coming off drugs. When I last did it, 20 years ago, I made the mistake of "continuing to live in a polluted world". :giggle:Toxins build up over time, and that's why (I believe) it must be re-done every 10 years or so.

Second of all, I'm doing it on my own. Why pay someone to tell you to continue when you can just continue? (And even if I were paying someone, it wouldn't be the cherch. There are plenty of others out there I can spend my money on, if I were so inclined.) All I was missing were the specific instructions, which I finally got.

In spite of it being a week, the health club (and sauna) was closed on Wednesday (local holiday) and is closed on every weekend. So I'm doing it as best I can. Five hours a day is a big commitment, in any case!

Given my age, I'm not running, but I am using the stationary bicycle at the health club instead. And instead of cal-mag, I'm drinking calcium chloride and plenty of milk.

Since I also have an injured knee and some back pain, I'll be doing exercises at the health club to try to fix those. Multitasking, anyone?

Yes, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I could die from this. I also know I could die from not doing this -- an accumulation of toxins can lead to cellular dysfunction, leading to (I believe) diseases like cancer. So I just may end up extending my life rather than ending it.

The first day in the sauna, I got a mottled niacin flush on my left thigh. No other similar reactions since then -- time to up the niacin!

I've had problems with waking up in the middle of the night -- but recently, I've been "sleeping through".

My mood and energy levels have also improved.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Helena (listening to Church Of The Poison Mind by Culture Club)
I'm with the others about hoping you come to no harm.
So, you can catch cancers and other things and maybe die from a build up of toxins, or you could do the purif and risk similar things?

I don't get the logic here, sorry.

Helena Handbasket

I'm with the others about hoping you come to no harm.
So, you can catch cancers and other things and maybe die from a build up of toxins, or you could do the purif and risk similar things?

I don't get the logic here, sorry.
AFAICT, no one really understands cancer . But I believe a cancer-friendly environment is created when pollutants and/or acid builds up in the body. (Please understand that this is on a cellular level; it's not like a broken bone that you can easily see.) I am aware that the vitamin dosages on the Purif -- up to 5000 mg of niacin -- are dangerous and has a risk of harm or even death, but I believe the risk it worth it. Anyway, it doesn't make a difference anymore -- see my next post.

Helena

Helena Handbasket

DRINKING THE KOOL-AID ALL-BLEND

Since I have no one to attest to, I'll attest to you, dear reader -- I've finished my Purif, and to good result! I have more energy, I sleep better, and my skin is softer and clearer. I have a tendency toward mood swings, and while they haven't gone away totally, they are more towards the plus side lately. (I'm not discounting the possibility of the placebo effect.)

In case anyone out there wants to do the same, my next few posts here will include (a) the theory of the Purif, (b) the kinds of supplements to take, how much of each, and when, and (c) my own experience.

Helena

Last edited:

Pepin

AFAICT, no one really understands cancer . But I believe a cancer-friendly environment is created when pollutants and/or acid builds up in the body. (Please understand that this is on a cellular level; it's not like a broken bone that you can easily see.) I am aware that the vitamin dosages on the Purif -- up to 5000 mg of niacin -- are dangerous and has a risk of harm or even death, but I believe the risk it worth it. Anyway, it doesn't make a difference anymore -- see my next post.

Helena
I came to understand cancer very well in a biotechnology course.
It turns out cancer is not at all what I thought. It is caused by something weakening the covalent bonds of the DNA resulting in mutation. Normally mutations will get flushed out, but sometimes the mutation hijacks the cell replication process and puts the mutation replication into overdrive.

I M Dex

It turns out cancer is not at all what I thought. It is caused by something weakening the covalent bonds of the DNA resulting in mutation. Normally mutations will get flushed out, but sometimes the mutation hijacks the cell replication process and puts the mutation replication into overdrive.
It comes about a variety of ways. My father died of typical smoker's small cell lung cancer. My son died from a very rare form of cancer in his throat caused by a specific chromosome mutation.

Helena Handbasket

OK, I was not aware of that.

Helena

Helena Handbasket

THEORY OF THE PURIF

The Purification Rundown was developed as a solution to past drug use. Drugs, and by that we mean recreational, illegal, and/or psychoactive drugs, can lodge themselves in the fat cells and hide there for years. Eventually they will release themselves into the bloodstream, unexpectedly, and can cause everything from lethargy to illness to poor memory. If you want to do anything that requires good recall, you have to handle the drugs first.

As a drug releases, it can cause a flashback, a repeat of the drug's effect even if it isn't being used at present. LSD is particularly prone to flashbacks.

In addition to drugs, pollutants and other environmental toxins build up in the body. It was originally believed that the Purif was a "once and done" thing -- but we now know that if you "continue to live in a polluted world" it has to be repeated every 10 years or so -- even if you don't take any more drugs!

There are 3 main routes by which the Purif removes poisons from the body. The first route is sweat. As you sweat in the sauna, toxins come out and accumulate on the surface of your skin. You then wash it off in the shower (plain water is fine) and go back in the sauna for the next round. If it only takes you 5 or 10 minutes to sweat some more, that's fine, just keep up the cycle. Don't try to be a "sauna hero" by spending a long time in there in one stretch, and if you have any signs of heat stroke, heat exhaustion, or heart palpitations get out immediately.

Oil is the second route. When you drink the oil (yuk!) a portion of it seeps into the fat cells -- and an equal amount of fat, that was already in the fat cells and is poisoned, comes out. This is called dynamic equilibrium. The net effect is to remove toxins.

The third route is niacin, and it is the star of the Purification Rundown. It gets into the cells and "loosens" the drug and pollution residues it finds and makes them available to be removed by the other two routes. It is a powerful remedy though, and has to be increased just a little bit at a time to avoid harming yourself. (Caution: don't substitute niacinamide instead. Niacinamide is worthless.)

In addition to the above, there are a host of other vitamins, minerals, and supplements to be taken. A large amount of any one thing will make the others small by comparison, and cause an artificial shortage with very real consequences. So build up all the supplements together.

A day of purification looks like the following: the evening before, measure out the oil and drink it. (Oil coats the inside of your digestive tract, making it difficult to absorb anything else, so it has to be consumed separately.)

The day of the Purif cycle, take the supporting medications (everything other than the oil and the niacin). Exactly when you take them is not so important.

Grab some towels and head for the health club. Take the niacin all at one sitting, and then spend about 25 minutes running, "just to get the blood pumping". (It doesn't matter if you break a sweat or not.) Then hit the sauna.

As was said, the goal in he sauna is to get all sweaty then wash it off, repeatedly.

Spend about 5 hours "on the Purif" each day, measured from the time you took the niacin and started exercising until you've showered for the last time that day and gotten dressed.

If you've had no niacin reaction that day, increase the niacin dosage the next. If you've had a small reaction, increase the niacin a little bit. If you've had a severe niacin flush, don't increase it at all the next day, but keep the same amount and see what happens.

If it becomes clear that there aren't going to be any more niacin reactions, just say you're done. But if you're not sure, a good place to stop is when you have no reaction at 5 grams, or 5000 milligrams of niacin (the maximum).

As an epilog to the Purification Rundown, taper off your supplements so you don't experience a sudden vitamin withdrawal.

Helena

Last edited:

Irayam

Drugs, and by that we mean recreational, illegal, and/or psychoactive drugs, can lodge themselves in the fat cells and hide there for years.
second sentence and it’s already not true…

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字

Type4_PTS

Since I have no one to attest to, I'll attest to you, dear reader -- I've finished my Purif, and to good result! I have more energy, I sleep better, and my skin is softer and clearer. I have a tendency toward mood swings, and while they haven't gone away totally, they are more towards the plus side lately. (I'm not discounting the possibility of the placebo effect.)

In case anyone out there wants to do the same, my next few posts here will include (a) the theory of the Purif, (b) the kinds of supplements to take, how much of each, and when, and (c) my own experience.

Helena

I'm glad you finished (and survived) your Purif Helena. :yes:

(Your needle is floating)
1701131881427.png

mimsey borogrove

Helena
You might like this video:
Sauna Benefits Deep Dive and Optimal Use with Dr. Rhonda Patrick & MedCram
Sauna questions answered with expert Dr. Rhonda Patrick: Infrared vs traditional saunas? Can sauna bathing lower the risk of dementia, heart disease, stroke, depression, and all-cause mortality? How exactly should we use saunas for optimal benefit (duration, frequency, temperature, etc.)? Dr. Rhonda Patrick is a cell biologist with a Ph.D. in biomedical science from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Dr. Patrick is the Co-Founder of FoundMyFitness.com. View Dr. Rhonda Patrick's recent review article on saunas in Experimental Gerontology here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...

vegan3

M for Terry McCann, blind, neglected, died June 1984. He was a diabetic (not the only one) who went blind when his retinas detached as a result of the Purification rundown.

W for Jerry Whitfield of Cape Coral, Florida, did the Purification Rundown in 1997 and later discovered he had permanent liver damage.

A for Anonymous MS sufferer: 1977 ” I pleaded with my seniors and the crew C/Ses for auditing to address my condition [M/S], but I was refused. Instead, two C/Ses, Russ Barrigan and David Ziff ordered me to do the purification R/D – twice. So I spent endless hours sitting in the sauna. Unfortunately, extreme heat affects people with M/S adversely and I didn’t get better – I got worse. I didn’t know this fact at that time, but I feel that those in charge should have known.”

Last edited: