Positive trance (altered) states

Veda

Do you have a favorite method?
That's complicated question.

Firstly, normal waking consciousness is a sort of trance state.

My exploration of extreme lucid "dreaming," many years ago, where I was awake while the body was asleep,
produced extraordinary states of consciousness. That also was trance state, of sort.

Once one leaves a particular "trance" state, and enters a normal waking consciousnesses (another trance state), it s easy to forget the extraordinary experiences one experienced during the previous trace state.

Hindu paintings feature beings with many arms. Could they be showing beings with simultaneous awareness multiple "planes"? (degrees of rarification)? (As humans we are usually limited to awareness of one "plane" at a time.)

This is a very incomplete answer. It's a very big subject.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

My exploration of extreme lucid "dreaming," many years ago, where I was awake while the body was asleep,
produced extraordinary states of consciousness. That also was trance state, of sort.

Once one leaves a particular "trance" state, and enters a normal waking consciousnesses (another trance state), it s easy to forget the extraordinary experiences one experienced during the previous trace state.

Hindu paintings feature beings with many arms. Could they be showing beings with simultaneous awareness multiple "planes"? (degrees of rarification)? (As humans we are usually limited to awareness of one "plane" at a time.)

This is a very good and interesting link that explains what the multiple arms mean in Hinduism.

There is certainly the concept of relative time or relative motion. It could be that when not in view, they are in alternate or parallel worlds or planes. The multiple arms only display when in battle with cosmic forces.

Veda

This is a very good and interesting link that explains what the multiple arms mean in Hinduism.

There is certainly the concept of relative time or relative motion. It could be that when not in view, they are in alternate or parallel worlds or planes. The multiple arms only display when in battle with cosmic forces.
Much appreciation for the link.

I first became aware of the "many arms" manifestation, many decades ago - while lucid (awake) "dreaming," and also astral traveling - when returning to the physical body and, then, momentarily, having the experience of having two sets of arms for a few seconds.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Why did you stop lucid dreaming and astral traveling?

Veda

Why did you stop lucid dreaming and astral traveling?
I experimented with it for about five years and then stopped, having explored that realm thoroughly.

I am not advocating any explanation for these experiences. They happened and it was very real, and I was consciously in control.

The spiritualists and materialists can argue.

The mind (and perhaps all living things, including micro-organisms - see the Russian research) have capabilities beyond what is now recognized.

As far as I know, there is no practical application for these not understood abilities.

It is, IMO, an area worthy of further exploration.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
@Veda were your astral travels anything like those described by Robert Monroe?

Type4_PTS

This promotional email just happened to arrive in my inbox early this morning. I know nothing about Transformation Labs or Andrew Holecek, nor had I heard of them before prior to getting this email. I'm just copy/pasting it in here in case anyone is interested in checking it out.

Transformation Labs: The Lucid Dreaming Training Program
Transformation Labs logo

Transformation Labs by Sounds True

What is "lucid dreaming"? It's the sudden, fully conscious realization that you are dreaming—while you're sound asleep. For many, it's an astonishing, even life-changing experience. It opens up a third of your life to unlimited nightly adventures and healing access to your unconscious mind.

But most profoundly, it can awaken us to the deepest spiritual truth: the illusory nature of waking life and all reality itself.

Now you have an opportunity to join renowned teacher Andrew Holecek to learn practical techniques for inducing lucid dreaming—and explore multiple approaches to find what works best for you.​
The Lucid Dreaming Training Program with Andrew Holecek
Only $79
ENROLL NOW
Known as "a master of using the night to transform the day," Andrew Holecek is an expert on lucid dreaming and the Tibetan yogas of sleep and dream. He offers seminars internationally on meditation, dream yoga, and death, and is the author of The Power and the Pain, Preparing to Die, Dream Yoga, and Dreams of Light.
We hope you'll enjoy learning lucid dreaming skills that will serve you for years to come, with Andrew as your experienced guide.
In support of your journey,
Your friends at Sounds True
TLABS Holecek testimonial
P.S. Remember, everything we publish is backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can explore this course with no financial risk.
Transformation Labs by Sounds True

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
I have had 2 or 3 lucid dreams in my life. It's no big deal.
I don't know why some people think lucid dreams are so significant.

freethinker

Controversial

Your answer is in the Bible. Is the Bible a 100% nothing in it is false sort of writing:? No. but the answer is still in there. Well, you say but the Bible has been altered so how can you know what is true and isn't? because it says , do not rely on your own understanding. Well, what the hell does that mean? It means don't rely on pre conceived notions of what it means. In other word's , don't believe what you are told, but what you can discern., What is discernment? It's the ability to understand the truth in the face of lies.

it's a perception above understanding, it's known as understanding truth. How do you understand truth amongst a pit of liars?: You have to deal in it to recognize it. Lies produce uncertainty. As Hubbard put it, stupidity is the Unknowness of consideration. That means you cannot think of the truth , but a lie. You cannot perceive the truth.