People Magazine: Laura Prepon on Motherhood, Sharing Her Truth and Her Decision to Leave Scientology

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
People Magazine: Laura Prepon on Motherhood, Sharing Her Truth and Her Decision to Leave Scientology

"If motherhood has taught me anything so far, it's that something can work out for a period of time and then you move on," the mom of two tells PEOPLE

LIZ MCNEIL
August 17, 2021 11:00 AM

Laura Prepon on Motherhood, Sharing Her Truth and Her Decision to Leave Scientology

Screenshot_20210817-092419_1629217695936.png

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Another change, one that occurred several years ago but that she's never shared until now, is that she is no longer a Scientologist.

"I'm no longer practicing Scientology," says Prepon. "I've always been very open-minded, even since I was a child. I was raised Catholic and Jewish. I've prayed in churches, meditated in temples. I've studied Chinese meridian theory. I haven't practiced Scientology in close to five years and it's no longer part of my life."

These days she finds solace in meditation, which she does with her husband, who has never practiced Scientology. "We meditate daily and I'm really liking it," she says, "because it's something that helps me to hear my own voice and it's something we can do together."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

/

ISNOINews

Tony Ortega has posted an update in a comment on his blog:

Laura Prepon follows Beck's lead by mentioning in a People interview today that she's been out of Scientology for five years. Given her involvement with Danny Masterson and past intimidation of one of his victims, she has more to explain. I've asked Leah Remini for her thoughts, but she's taping six episodes of her game show today so it may be a while before I hear from her.

/

ISNOINews

Tony Ortega has posted an update in a comment on his blog:

Laura Prepon follows Beck's lead by mentioning in a People interview today that she's been out of Scientology for five years. Given her involvement with Danny Masterson and past intimidation of one of his victims, she has more to explain. I've asked Leah Remini for her thoughts, but she's taping six episodes of her game show today so it may be a while before I hear from her.

/
Background:

That time Laura Prepon helped silence a Danny Masterson victim for Scientology

That time Laura Prepon helped silence a Danny Masterson victim for Scientology | The Underground Bunker

Screenshot_20210817-112706_1629224929251.png

/

ISNOINews

onceuponatime

Someone should make a list of all the celebrities who have left over the last 20 or so years. They're dropping like flies. Time for some more beatings/SP declares at CC. Amazing how the only group with PTS/SP tech keeps letting SPs get into positions of power (obviously SPs secretly sabotaging Scientology is the only reason celebs would be leaving).

ISNOINews

OK! magazine has a bit of history.

Laura Prepon Reveals She Quietly Quit Scientology 'Close To Five Years' Ago: 'It’s No Longer Part Of My Life'

By:OK! Staff
Aug. 17 2021, Published 12:54 p.m. ET

In 2015, Prepon sung the praises of the controversial church in an interview with Celebrity Magazine. "So when I first got into Scientology, I did Personal Values and Integrity and then Overcoming Ups and Downs in Life. These courses touched on the observations I was aware of when I was younger. It was right there in black and white," she told the outlet at the time, per IndieWire. "It was amazing, and I felt that finally something was speaking my language. It totally connected with me."

The actress also gushed that auditing — which, according to Scientology.org, is done "to restore beingness and ability" — has helped her see that there is more to life than acting: "This is my career but it does not define me. I am so much bigger than this career and industry. It’s my job and it’s very important to me, but, when I have huge wins in session, and when you really cognate that you are a thetan and you have a mind and body, and that the MEST universe does not control you—it puts things into perspective."

/

ISNOINews

OK! magazine has a bit of history.

Laura Prepon Reveals She Quietly Quit Scientology 'Close To Five Years' Ago: 'It’s No Longer Part Of My Life'

By:OK! Staff
Aug. 17 2021, Published 12:54 p.m. ET

In 2015, Prepon sung the praises of the controversial church in an interview with Celebrity Magazine. "So when I first got into Scientology, I did Personal Values and Integrity and then Overcoming Ups and Downs in Life. These courses touched on the observations I was aware of when I was younger. It was right there in black and white," she told the outlet at the time, per IndieWire. "It was amazing, and I felt that finally something was speaking my language. It totally connected with me."

The actress also gushed that auditing — which, according to Scientology.org, is done "to restore beingness and ability" — has helped her see that there is more to life than acting: "This is my career but it does not define me. I am so much bigger than this career and industry. It’s my job and it’s very important to me, but, when I have huge wins in session, and when you really cognate that you are a thetan and you have a mind and body, and that the MEST universe does not control you—it puts things into perspective."

/
Referring to the statements Prepon made in this 2015 Celebrity magazine cover story (courtesy of Intergalactic Walrus on Tony Ortega's blog).

Defamer: Read Laura Prepon's Insane Interview In Scientology's Celebrity Magazine

Jordan Sargent
07/07/15 01:25PM
Filed to: SCIENTOLOGY

5002186abd6165944496ff11b4e43c0ef86e2c145d40ccd27da4d98f65b0900d.png

988a125561a181c4f9a6bda47d39fa65be7b74c9dfcf3ae0bca30400a1fa543e.png

/

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Someone should make a list of all the celebrities who have left over the last 20 or so years. They're dropping like flies. Time for some more beatings/SP declares at CC. Amazing how the only group with PTS/SP tech keeps letting SPs get into positions of power (obviously SPs secretly sabotaging Scientology is the only reason celebs would be leaving).
Maybe it's easier to make a list of those that are saying the are still scientologists. Even Prepon said she was in about five years ago. She then has been out maybe as long as we have in our little household.

And that is a noticeable and fantastic point that you make about the "tek" of pts/sp. No one else has that tek, and no one else is sooooooo the effect of it as the choich is.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Further:

The tech of PTS/SP isn't true or doesn't work,

No one can understand it or correctly apply it to effect,

The tek of study doesn't work, so that even bright, lifelong dedicated people cannot properly apply it,

Or there are truly more sp's than the tek says, therefore it is wrong.

One can't find a way out of this, can one?

ISNOINews

It looks like increasing numbers of celebs are deciding that Scn is a career liability
That is probably true, but I suspect that Prepon is also trying to distance herself from Danny Masterson. They were on that 70's Show together, and that show is Masterson's primary claim to fame. Stories about Masterson often mention the show, and are more likely to mention Prepon if they share not only the show but also being Scientologists.

Plus, Prepon and Masterson were good friends. She may jbe putting as much distance between her and Masterson as possible.

/

ISNOINews

Tony Ortega appears to imply that Laura Prepon may not have really, or completely, left Scientology.

View attachment 13430

/
I want to add that I personally believe that Prepon has left Scientology and is no longer a Scientologist. I think her statement to People --

"I haven't practiced Scientology in close to five years and it's no longer part of my life"

-- is pretty definitive I don't think it is necessary to use the magic words of, "I am no longer a Scientologist."

I don't know what Ortega is getting at when he says "to look very carefully at tbe way Prepon worded her statement." What else would he want her to say?

/

ISNOINews

If Prepon sleaks out (which I doubt), the Church of Scientology will say that they expelled her.

/

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Stories about Masterson often mention the show, and are more likely to mention Prepon if they share not only the show but also being Scientologists.
And if Scientology had ANY part in silencing Masterson's victims, then her involvement with Scn will make people wonder about the degree to which she may have helped him.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
If Prepon sleaks out (which I doubt), the Church of Scientology will say that they expelled her.

/
There's a crucial difference between saying "Scientology is no longer part of my life" versus saying "I now reject Scientology and no longer agree that they are a positive group".

The first wording does not imply active rejection. She can still say "It helped me a lot, but now I feel I've gotten all I could from it, and have moved on".

It's very different from her saying "I now realize they are lunatics whose boss is a psychopath".

Dan

There's a crucial difference between saying "Scientology is no longer part of my life" versus saying "I now reject Scientology and no longer agree that they are a positive group".

The first wording does not imply active rejection. She can still say "It helped me a lot, but now I feel I've gotten all I could from it, and have moved on".

It's very different from her saying "I now realize they are lunatics whose boss is a psychopath".
Oh come on Enthetan do you really think that Prepon would make the statement, "I now realize they are lunatics whose boss is a psychopath?" Or "I now reject it and no longer agree that it's a positive group?" That's just silly. Not everyone has the personality style of Leah. And even Leah didn't say anything like that until later as she found out more and got pissed.

Prepon is probably not going to choose the path of an anti-Scientology warrior as Leah did. That doesn't make her statement to People lack credibility or truthfulness. She's been away for five years. She sees that she doesn't really need it. Her buddy Masterson is about to be a convicted rapist. She stood up for him, and yes, she needs to do some PR rehabilitation too. After all, she's a typical Hollywood entitled self-involved princess who only really cares about herself and immediate family.

And I wonder who all these "skeptical sources" Tony Ortega seems to hold on to with such credibility? Very odd.

Mike Rinder firmly believes she is out and that this is a blow to Scientology. Aaron Levin-Smith also believes she is out. They know a hell of a lot more of what they're talking about than Ortega or his secret source(s).

ETA: I just noticed that there are two threads on Prepon, both started within a few hours of each other. Ha! Typical. We worship our celebs don't we?

Oh, but this is the first thread. My needle is floating.

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Very good point. I agree. I was addressing whether she was "really" out or not.

Plus, what Dan said. :)

/

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan