"Over the Rainbow" Documentary on Scientology - Is this a secret?

Alanzo

Not a Team Player
IMDB:
This documentary examination of the controversial Church of Scientology focuses on its fringes: alien abductions,art dealing,E Meters, and the Sea Organization, and weaves together interviews with both active and inactive members.

Director:
Jeffrey Peixoto

This doco features our own Karen De La Carriere, Jeffrey Augustine and many other Exes. It also pulled off the seemingly impossible feat of getting still-in Scientologists to appear in it too. It is on Amazon, I think, and some other streaming services right now. I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to.

I might even review it on my blog if I can get up the energy to.

Here's the trailer:

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
looks good, I like it.

Alanzo

Not a Team Player
looks good, I like it.
I know, right?

Why haven't we heard about this?

You'd think Karen and Jeffrey would have been all over everywhere letting everyone know about it.

Why so quiet?

Not even that brave and fiercely independent journalist Tony Ortega has mentioned anything about it.

Emma

A brilliant germ, safe from windmill cancer
Staff member
I can't watch it in Australia. I tried but Amazon wouldn't take my money.

Emma

Staff member
I found a way to watch it. I have questions. Sooooo many questions.

@Karen#1 Who was the guy who wanted to stab Hubbard 122 times?

Karen & Jeff are portrayed as being believers. Was this a mischaracterization? When were your segments filmed? Are you happy with the way it turned out? Karen do you really adjust the TA knob with your index finger? Do you know the blonde girl who got beat up at the ranch and whose father basically disconnected from her?

If you haven't seen this film you really should. I mean WOW!

It's $3.99 on Amazon. Do yourself a favour.

Alanzo

Not a Team Player
Wow! Just watched this and I am speechless.

I reminds me of the documentary called "Deprogrammed" which featured the father of deprogramming Ted Patrick and members of various minority religions who had been forcibly deprogrammed. Some were successfully deprogrammed and others went back to their religion after the deprogramming attempt. That doco gave an objective view of the participants that the participants themselves never really see about themselves. Ted Patrick certainly didn't see himself the way he looked in the documentary. But it was so objectively presented - you see things that the participants can't.

There is so much about this documentary that I love. And so much that I am just speechless over.

I think that if you've ever been involved in Scientology, you should see this.

In my opinion, it's spectacular.

I'm going to watch it again.

Lone Star

Wow! Just watched this and I am speechless.

I reminds me of the documentary called "Deprogrammed" which featured the father of deprogramming Ted Patrick and members of various minority religions who had been forcibly deprogrammed. Some were successfully deprogrammed and others went back to their religion after the deprogramming attempt. That doco gave an objective view of the participants that the participants themselves never really see about themselves. Ted Patrick certainly didn't see himself the way he looked in the documentary. But it was so objectively presented - you see things that the participants can't.

There is so much about this documentary that I love. And so much that I am just speechless over.

I think that if you've ever been involved in Scientology, you should see this.

In my opinion, it's spectacular.

I'm going to watch it again.
Well anything that make's you speechless has my vote!

Emma

Staff member
Has anyone watched this yet? It stars Karen & Jeff (with a Thomas Kinkade cameo). It's really good. I'm going to try and get the producer to come and have a chat here. IMO this film deserves more plaudits.

Alanzo

Not a Team Player
So far, two more people I know have seen this doco and each have very similar reactions to it.

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Has anyone watched this yet? It stars Karen & Jeff (with a Thomas Kinkade cameo). It's really good. I'm going to try and get the producer to come and have a chat here. IMO this film deserves more plaudits.
I read the 7 customer reviews on Amazon and decided not to watch it. Now, due to your your recommendation, I'm watching it.

Emma

Staff member
I read the 7 customer reviews on Amazon and decided not to watch it. Now, due to your your recommendation, I'm watching it.
I think you'll reaaaaly love it.

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
I think you'll reaaaaly love it.
I do and I'm only 20 minutes in. Here are some screenshots:

I had to lower the resolution to make these fit here. This was a Scientology facility 11 miles from Gold Base.
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 1.31.35 PM.png

Lara Anderson (an ex) is walking towards the abandoned building.
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 1.27.23 PM.png

Inside she finds this CROW!
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 1.33.54 PM.png

Last edited:

Lone Star

This film was shot eight years ago around the time of Karen's son's death. Karen has related to me that she has no intention to watch this film partly because of that fact, and because after hearing from a few who have seen it she can tell that it was edited in such a way to make it into a Scientology puff piece. She can tell that the film did not turn out the way in which she was told that it would. That it was edited in a way to make her and Jeffrey come across as being pro-Scientology. The fact that it is now out after so long was unexpected and surprising. I watched the trailer and I could see myself that this wasn't very recent. We all change in appearance after eight years and even I could tell that Jeff and Karen don't look current.

Now just think about this.......How much have each and every one of you changed in eight years? I'm talking mindset now. Especially if you had only been out of the cult a little while at the time. Many still practice Scientology for a few months or years even after officially leaving the CoS. Some still even have a positive viewpoint regarding Hubbard for a while after leaving the CoS. So just think about it if you were recorded both by voice and image a year, or two, or even three years after leaving the CoS. Let's say it was five or ten years ago. Would you endorse some or even many of the things you said then now? Probably not.

I understand from Karen that Bill Franks was interviewed by this film maker for a half a day. Many of you know some of the hair raising events Bill went through. He was brutalized by Miscavige and Co. Yet in this film his part was very short and it was edited in such a way to make it look like Scientology benefited him. A touch assist specifically. Really? Can you just imagine what was left on the cutting room floor? Ask yourself why. Someone needs to ask the film maker why.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I got on via a VPN.
Not my schtyle. I go legal with the corpos all the way nowadays since they were able to enact the new ISP laws in Sweden. Not worth the risk. I know the chances of getting bust through a VPN are non existent, it's not about that. For me it's the moral shades of grey that enables us to pay one group of people to use a VPN rather then paying the owners of an I.P to start with.

If the gods of Amazon decided that us Vikings aren't worthy, it matters little to me nowadays, I'll go watch something else instead.

Emma

Staff member
This film was shot eight years ago around the time of Karen's son's death. Karen has related to me that she has no intention to watch this film partly because of that fact, and because after hearing from a few who have seen it she can tell that it was edited in such a way to make it into a Scientology puff piece. She can tell that the film did not turn out the way in which she was told that it would. That it was edited in a way to make her and Jeffrey come across as being pro-Scientology. The fact that it is now out after so long was unexpected and surprising. I watched the trailer and I could see myself that this wasn't very recent. We all change in appearance after eight years and even I could tell that Jeff and Karen don't look current.

Now just think about this.......How much have each and every one of you changed in eight years? I'm talking mindset now. Especially if you had only been out of the cult a little while at the time. Many still practice Scientology for a few months or years even after officially leaving the CoS. Some still even have a positive viewpoint regarding Hubbard for a while after leaving the CoS. So just think about it if you were recorded both by voice and image a year, or two, or even three years after leaving the CoS. Let's say it was five or ten years ago. Would you endorse some or even many of the things you said then now? Probably not.

I understand from Karen that Bill Franks was interviewed by this film maker for a half a day. Many of you know some of the hair raising events Bill went through. He was brutalized by Miscavige and Co. Yet in this film his part was very short and it was edited in such a way to make it look like Scientology benefited him. A touch assist specifically. Really? Can you just imagine what was left on the cutting room floor? Ask yourself why. Someone needs to ask the film maker why.
Good points all but there are other things about this film that are worth watching. The brutality that one girl describes is awful.

I liked it that Karen & Jeff were telling it how they saw it at the time. I'm still confused about Jeff though. I never actually got to the bottom of whether he is or isn't an Ex. It changed a few times over the years. It seems he was very much into Scientology in 2012, despite what he was saying on the internet at that time.

I'd presumed a LOT was left on the cutting room floor. 10 years of filming condensed into 70 minutes.