"Over the Rainbow" Documentary on Scientology - Is this a secret?

Emma

A brilliant germ, safe from windmill cancer
I liked it. It's clearly filmed some time ago and things change, but there were stories I hadn't heard before. This one girl tells about being beaten hundreds of times on a ranch by an older female and her mother (in the SO) did nothing about it. The girl is much older now but still traumatised by it. This same girl didn't see her father for 7 years because he was RPF'd. She'd see him running around with the rest of the RPF and tell out "hi dad" to him and they might have a quick hug. That was her childhood.

Lone Star says Karen doesn't want to watch it and I understand her reasoning. Things change/bad editing/director's agenda and all that, but people can see past that. The film has a lot else to offer.

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
I liked it. It's clearly filmed some time ago and things change, but there were stories I hadn't heard before. This one girl tells about being beaten hundreds of times on a ranch by an older female and her mother (in the SO) did nothing about it. The girl is much older now but still traumatised by it. This same girl didn't see her father for 7 years because he was RPF'd. She'd see him running around with the rest of the RPF and tell out "hi dad" to him and they might have a quick hug. That was her childhood.

Lone Star says Karen doesn't want to watch it and I understand her reasoning. Things change/bad editing/director's agenda and all that, but people can see past that. The film has a lot else to offer.
Dr. Susan Clancy (psychologist), in the "introduction" compares people's response to alien abduction with people's response to religious belief...........

I really liked it, I hope it gets a bigger audience. I found a music video by Lara Anderson, a women who went to The Ranch in Happy Valley when it was a school for Scientology children. I can't help but be sympathetic to someone like her that seems to have been largely raised by Scientology. In the documentary she appears to be on her way out of Scientology in a dramatic phone conversation with her father. I'm sure her father had no idea she was being filmed for this documentary as he regurgitated Scientology BS at her.

Lara Anderson said:

"A song for my mother. She was an incredible ballet dancer and performer. When I think about her dancing (as I never got to see her dance) I start singing in my head. This is that song that runs through my head imaging that I could watch her today dancing and performing on stage. My dream."

Created and Filmed by Sean Black + Lara Anderson
Edited by Ben Cope Music written and produced by Bill Burke + Lara Anderson

Last edited:

Alanzo

Not a Team Player
Lara Anderson tells powerful stories about growing up in Scientology. In this documentary you can clearly see that she has no moral context for what she went through.

The physical child abuse she suffered - she simply has no context of "child abuse". It doesn't exist in Scientology. The fact that she was not allowed to see her dad for 7 years because he was on the RPF - that's just the way it is. She has no wider moral reasoning to frame her experiences.

This is the difference between cultures and sub cultures in their moral values. It's the difference in morals between the sub culture of Scientology and the wider culture of mainstream society.

But while Lara is telling her story of child abuse - even though she has no moral context for it - she starts crying. And her human tears are real.

Western society developed its moral reasoning over many centuries, realizing that real human tears should probably be our guide about what we think is right and what we think is wrong.

But for Scientologists, what causes real human tears is most likely the reactive mind. And so Scientology is never likely to learn from human tears about what is right, and what is wrong.

Last edited:

Harold#1

Whenever I see a new to me Scientology photo, I try to learn from it (I'm a history nerd). I think but I'm not sure that this is Suzette (Hubbard's fifth child), holding the cans. She's wearing a lanyard attached through the epaulet on her shirt (common Sea Org wear at the time). This photo is used in the documentary as it portrays children and Scientology's schools for them. The location of the scene in the photo is probably Hubbard's office on the Apollo.

PS Is the hair too straight for Suzette? Maybe it's Diana.

See post #25 below, it's Doreen Gillham.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 1.13.18 PM.png

Last edited:

Alanzo

Not a Team Player
Whenever I see a new to me Scientology photo, I try to learn from it (I'm a history nerd). I think but I'm not sure that this is Suzette (Hubbard's fifth child), holding the cans. She's wearing a lanyard attached through the epaulet on her shirt (common Sea Org wear at the time). This photo is used in the documentary as it portrays children and Scientology's schools for them. The location of the scene in the photo is probably Hubbard's office on the Apollo.

View attachment 2874
I agree. The director found a lot of newly exposed photos I'd not seen before.

Harold#1

I have learned that the girl in the above photo is Doreen Gillham and not either Suzette or Diana Hubbard.

Note that in this replica of LRH's Apollo office are book ends, chairs and an LRH E-meter like the same items as the photo with Doreen Gillham:

It's likely that the producer of "Over the Rainbow" found many photos and information he used at the American Religions Collection at UCSB. An archivist there is shown looking through their "stacks" in the documentary.

I found it interesting that this is part of their collection:

Cult Awareness Network (CAN) Collection, ca. 1970s-1990s. Includes files (correspondence, clippings, articles) relating to hundreds of religious groups, as well as internal administrative, financial, and legal files of a cult watchdog group which ceased operations in the mid 1990s. (ARC Mss 19).

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man

View attachment 2874
in that photo, where is the god damn hand cream, and what about a heater. LOL

How come it says LRH on the emeter shield.

Riddick

I clap to no man

speaking of emeters, why if the Hubbard could clear and OT people, as he says in his lectures, books, hcobs, hco pl's etc, by using the old Mark 5 emeter or even the Volney emeter,

why on earth would we need a new and improved emeter, for a thousand each?

LOL

Harold#1

It says LRH because somebody put it on there :bleh:

It looks to be a custom, wooden case for LRH'S E-meter. Or maybe the wooden case is original but with the edges rounded and LRH and something else on the right side carved into it. Maybe he did it himself or someone else did it as a gift for him. He appears to have liked it, so he probably did it himself. Note in the post above, either the original or a replica of it is part of the recreation of his Apollo office in the Super Power building.

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
It says LRH because somebody put it on there :bleh:

It looks to be a custom, wooden case for LRH'S E-meter. Note in the post above, either the original or a replica of it is part of the recreation of his Apollo office in the Super Power building.
Hubbard said to copyright everything, even his name.

pineapple

仮面の男
I'm still not finished but I don't see it as a "Scientology puff piece" so far.

More proof that LRH was born sadistic? WTF was LRH doing to this poor dog?

View attachment 2832
Even as a young boy, Ron was already developing many of the processes of Dn and Scn. (Fun fact: The first version of TR-8 actually used his grandfather's spitoon!) Here we see Ron running an early version of CCH's on the family dog. Looks like they're on CCH-3.

Even in this early form, the CCH's were marvellously effective. The dog's IQ came up so much that he began to turn into a human being. As you can see, he's even wearing clothes! Goodbye Obscene Dog! Hello canis novis!

Ron's great success here lead to the stable datum that with proper application of the tech, there's no such thing as a dog pc!

Last edited:

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back