Outer Org Trainees

Karen#1

Students sent to the Flag Land Base had a rough time because their Orgs were not paying for their food and bunk bed.
So they were put on Work/Study and had to be chambermaids and dishwashers half the day, often extending their training to YEARS.

Anyone in this forum who was an Outer Org Trainee ?

Outerorg.Trainees.jpg

Karen#1

Mark Plummer (WARRIOR)wrote an actual CHINESE SCHOOL experience at Asho
QUOTE:
Mark Plummer wrote up a little Chinese School experience at ASHO>
You should see the zombie-like stares and fixed eyes of Sea Org
members as they are being indoctrinated using "Chinese school tech".
I was there. I was one of the deluded slaves being exploited.

Have you ever heard 80 or more Sea Org members chanting in unison?

I can recall it vividly now, over two decades later. I'm closing my
eyes...

In my mind I'm in the reception area of ASHO by the elevators
across from the regges offices, and I'm standing there with
80 other Sea Org members. I can still picture the expressions
on their faces and the empty looks in their eyes even though
it's 23 years later.

(Warrior closes his eyes and goes to the beginning of the engram...)

(The incident begins to get more solid...)

In front of, and facing the group, I see the Commanding Officer
Irene Dirmann leading the chant...

She taps the org board with her pointer touching HCO Division I,
Department One, the "elite group" begins chanting on cue...

"recognition, communication, perception,
orientation, understanding, enlightenment,
energy, adjustment, body,
prediction, activity, production,
validity, enhancement, correction,
purposes, realization, clearing,
conditions, existence, SOURCE!!!"

Next, Supercargo Alan Prager leads the crew...

"We are going up, while the world is going DOWN!
We are going up, while the world is going DOWN!

Then Jack Dirmann begins the closing salute to the Commodore
and Founder, L Ron Hubbard -- Source, saying, "Let's thank Ron":

Hip Hip Hooray!!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!" ...

They are all chanting in unison, in a "Tone 40" voice...
UNQUOTE
++++++++++++++FSO.trainees.FB.jpg

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)
I remember Chinese Schooling the we're going up thing, mid-70s I think. 45 years ago, still clear as day. Shows the efficiency of loud repetition at driving words into long-term memory.

In the UK I think it was during an enforced 3-day working week. Based on an LRH telex.

We're going up while the world's going down!
You turn this government action into a boom for us!
Show me a boom!
BOOM! <complete with arm actions>

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Students sent to the Flag Land Base had a rough time because their Orgs were not paying for their food and bunk bed.
So they were put on Work/Study and had to be chambermaids and dishwashers half the day, often extending their training to YEARS.
Actually, I think that using the trainees as menial labor WAS the primary plan, with any training they got being secondary.

If they were serious about actually getting their training done, Flag would have demanded that accommodations be pre-paid before the trainee arrived.

And the trainees were assessed a very low pay rate for their work. At least some of them were professionals who could have worked at some regular job, for a higher rate of pay, and paid their own accommodations. I doubt that any CSW to that effect would have been approved, though.

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)
If they were serious about actually getting their training done, Flag would have demanded that accommodations be pre-paid before the trainee arrived.
Based on most outer-orgs' FPs, when they couldn't even pay their own utility bills, that would never happen. Observing collections at ITO, few orgs could actually pay much towards the training costs of their OOTs.

What I remember from being in a service org (AOSHUK), the org attitude was not "Oh goody, we're gonna get to deliver this exciting new service!" but more resentment at having to find yet more staff from somewhere to send off to some higher org with a fair chance you'd never see them again or maybe they'd come back after literally years and maybe be useful.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Based on most outer-orgs' FPs, when they couldn't even pay their own utility bills, that would never happen. Observing collections at ITO, few orgs could actually pay much towards the training costs of their OOTs.

What I remember from being in a service org (AOSHUK), the org attitude was not "Oh goody, we're gonna get to deliver this exciting new service!" but more resentment at having to find yet more staff from somewhere to send off to some higher org with a fair chance you'd never see them again or maybe they'd come back after literally years and maybe be useful.
1) If the Tech had actually worked, then PCs would have paid money for it, and orgs would be solvent.

2) If orgs were solvent, they could then have HIRED already-trained auditors at an attractive rate of pay.

3) If auditors were being hired at decent pay, then people would have been getting training at their own expense, so they could qualify for the good paying jobs, much like parents send their kids to college so they can get a degree or cert which qualifies them for a job.

But the Tech didn't really work, so step 1 fails.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Having experienced both Flag Training as an outer org trainee (I'm in the pictures above) and an admin trainee at the PAC Base fairly recently, I developed an opinion.

At PAC, we mostly fulfilled a div 6 function to help recover disgruntled LA field. Spent hours on the phones calling, and miles driving all over, from San Diego to almost SF. We were calling the same people, hundreds of guys and gals called before I did. I did sway a few folks, and made some GI for LA Org. I was harassed about my training debt for years from Flag. Threatening phone calls, etc. I had a brilliant staff ass hat at my org suggest I pay it off personally. Did I say ass hat?

Oh yeah, did I mention that for a brief while, we were twenty-two (22) dudes to a one bedroom apartment? Showering was interesting, needless to say. Hacienda Gardens, Drew Street over to Saturn, I believe, for those CW inclined folks.

Karen#1

Having experienced both Flag Training as an outer org trainee (I'm in the pictures above) and an admin trainee at the PAC Base fairly recently, I developed an opinion.

At PAC, we mostly fulfilled a div 6 function to help recover disgruntled LA field. Spent hours on the phones calling, and miles driving all over, from San Diego to almost SF. We were calling the same people, hundreds of guys and gals called before I did. I did sway a few folks, and made some GI for LA Org. I was harassed about my training debt for years from Flag. Threatening phone calls, etc. I had a brilliant staff ass hat at my org suggest I pay it off personally. Did I say ass hat?

Oh yeah, did I mention that for a brief while, we were twenty-two (22) dudes to a one bedroom apartment? Showering was interesting, needless to say. Hacienda Gardens, Drew Street over to Saturn, I believe, for those CW inclined folks.
$3 billion stashed away in reserves.
Monique Yingling paid $2 million a year to firewall Miscavige from his human rights violations.
YET
22 dudes live in a one bedroom apartment (with one shower?) working 80 hour weeks for a pittance.
Interesting view when you lift up the curtains to see what lies behind.

DM.Golden.glory.FB.jpg

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)
I had a brilliant staff ass hat at my org suggest I pay it off personally. Did I say ass hat?
I vaguely remember from some all-hands letter-writing at ITO -- we wrote letters to the outer orgs to try and collect money for training their OOTs! -- that the invoices/contracts the OOTs signed actually said they agreed to pay for their training personally if their org didn't pay up. Realistically this only got enforced if the person freeloaded (enforced in terms of the bill being "served," not so much in terms of collecting the money). But sometimes this would be mentioned by the ITO letter-writer writing to the now-returned-to-his-org OOT.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered

Anyone in this forum who was an Outer Org Trainee ?

View attachment 1877
This picture in the auditorium reminded me of something. Anyone who happened to be there at CW for this evolution around Christmas 1995, did have a treat, but it wasn't provided by the cherch. Some of the more talented folks that were there had a show, and they played music and sang. Anyone that was there can attest to the fact that it was really, really good. I seem to remember a guy from Germany named Hardy played guitar, and some others played, there were singers, oh, there was a guy from Tampa, Tai Chesamire, he was a DJ, record scratching and all. It was really good.

Even then, you could see that the corner cutting was rampant. I was shocked at it. Of course back then I was a believer. The checksheets were amended and shortened due to time constraints. They made a special checksheet for the supervisors and wordclearers, and a graduate was call a "Flag Professional Pro-Supervisor Course Graduate". It was because it was in Feb. or March of 1996, and they wanted everyone to shoot back for May 9 event, where they would release the secrets. Can anyone say QUICKIE!! Oh well, one of many times that you got to buy and do a course that you have already done. I think I have done the student hat course five times, but I did not do the most recent release, October 2013 GAT II thingy.