Out of Body - Robert Monroe

Logothetan

There are some CDs with Hemi-Sync technology that are pretty cool. Through sound frequencies they get you to profoundly relax while remaining aware. Theres one I think called Catnap that's a guided meditation through a 30 minute nap. I've used it for rebooting myself during the day.

Veda

There are some CDs with Hemi-Sync technology that are pretty cool. Through sound frequencies they get you to profoundly relax while remaining aware. Theres one I think called Catnap that's a guided meditation through a 30 minute nap. I've used it for rebooting myself during the day.
The objective is similar to Dream Yoga where one is awake while the body is asleep.

Hatshepsut

Didn't Monroe end up depressed or something after an out of body experience where he later felt there was no God.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going to get the CDs and listen to them?

Mimsey
I found the Gateway Experience exercises out on the web. Will probably go back to doing them again. For some reason I find Monroe's work to be compelling. Tom Campbell's My Big TOE was also interesting. I'd really like to be able to do OBE but so far nada.

marra

I enjoyed Monroe's books but I was put off the Monroe Institute when I heard the US government had become involved with it. That would make me very nervous about the courses they provide.

mimsey borogrove

I found the Gateway Experience exercises out on the web. Will probably go back to doing them again. For some reason I find Monroe's work to be compelling. Tom Campbell's My Big TOE was also interesting. I'd really like to be able to do OBE but so far nada.
I had bought what was purported to be used set off E-bay - but in reality were a set someone ripped and sold on R-W disks, and after several playings started to skip, etc as the data disintegrated. But I haven't had the time in my schedule to do the exercises for the last few years. They were interesting nonetheless.

Marra - If I recall correctly, Monroe was part of the remote viewing project by the govt. You might watch some of his videos that are on You tube. I don't think the govt. had much (or any) influence on his research.

Mimsey