OT 16 ? WTF ?

D

Deleted member 51

Nice, I like the consumable size of your post.

I would classify such people as merchants, They want o sell something and also have regular customers. They often believe their path is worthwhile, even though they have no particular result of noteworthy impotence.

What you need to figure out, is if they are full of shit, or not, and whether their claim is credible. Sometimes hard, but sometimes easy task. That's my buck and a quarter.
I disagree with this part here. I think their impotence is noteworthy. :coolwink:

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
... I asked him if he had any of the telekinesis, telepathy, precognition, photographic memory, remote viewing, etc, etc that Scientology promises and he said definitely.

...lived with Scientologists and NONE of them EVER displayed ANY of the superpowers that Scientology guaranteed. Exactly zero, ever.
What you say is mostly true, but I have personally experienced and have demonstrated at least one extra-normal ability that I can only attribute to having done Scientology practices.

In my case, it was discovering the ability to see other people's mental image pictures at will. I would ask a person to concentrate on a mental image of their choosing, and to put it in the open palm of my hand. In every case, I could clearly see whatever object they were mocking up, then tell them what it was.

Needless to say, that astonished a lot of people, but as all of them were Scientologists, none of them freaked out about it.

Eventually I wound up demonstrating that ability to a non-Scientologist, and she absolutely freaked out over it. It was at that point that I decided to stop demonstrating that.

In time, the ability sort of atrophied, though not completely. Even today, if someone describes something to me in detail, I'll often see a very accurate likeness of what they're describing. And no, I don't go around trying to snoop on other people's pictures.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
What you say is mostly true, but I have personally experienced and have demonstrated at least one extra-normal ability that I can only attribute to having done Scientology practices.

In my case, it was discovering the ability to see other people's mental image pictures at will. I would ask a person to concentrate on a mental image of their choosing, and to put it in the open palm of my hand. In every case, I could clearly see whatever object they were mocking up, then tell them what it was.

Needless to say, that astonished a lot of people, but as all of them were Scientologists, none of them freaked out about it.

Eventually I wound up demonstrating that ability to a non-Scientologist, and she absolutely freaked out over it. It was at that point that I decided to stop demonstrating that.

In time, the ability sort of atrophied, though not completely. Even today, if someone describes something to me in detail, I'll often see a very accurate likeness of what they're describing. And no, I don't go around trying to snoop on other people's pictures.
Have you volunteered anywhere for scientific testing under controlled experiments?

Voodoo

Have you volunteered anywhere for scientific testing under controlled experiments?
No, I haven't. Never even crossed my mind at the time I was exercising that ability.

As I said earlier, once I stopped exercising it, it began to sort of atrophy. I'm 40 years out of practice now, though I do still have it. It only became pronounced enough for me to notice during the time that I was drilling TRs every day.

It's my belief that everyone has the ability to see others pictures, even if they don't realize it. I don't see it as magical or paranormal in any way.

Reactions: M&M
D

Deleted member 51

I've done scientific taste tests, does that count? McDonald's hamburgers, Nutrasweet, stuff like that.

I once volunteered for a PTSD therapy controlled experimental group. It was certainly not blind; there was a detailed description of the experiment, but I didn't meet all their criteria so never did it.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
I've done scientific taste tests, does that count? McDonald's hamburgers, Nutrasweet, stuff like that.

I once volunteered for a PTSD therapy controlled experimental group. It was certainly not blind; there was a detailed description of the experiment, but I didn't meet all their criteria so never did it.
HaHa! For this particular thread topic you would also need to add what most people would regard as a supernatural item to your "taste tests" or PTSD. :D

Helena Handbasket

... It's my belief that everyone has the ability to see others pictures, even if they don't realize it. I don't see it as magical or paranormal in any way.
It is my belief that when one CAN do something "paranormal" -- or at least they believe it CAN be done -- it automatically stops being "paranormal" for them, and then they see it as just an ability (although perhaps an infrequent one). That allows everyone to continue believing paranormal things are impossible things.

Helena

Voodoo

It is my belief that when one CAN do something "paranormal" -- or at least they believe it CAN be done -- it automatically stops being "paranormal" for them, and then they see it as just an ability (although perhaps an infrequent one). That allows everyone to continue believing paranormal things are impossible things.

Helena
I see the logic in that, except for the fact that what I was doing was pretty common for auditors, who quite often see their pc's mental image pictures before the pc does.

I never felt that what I was doing was extraordinary, because I knew lots of others who could easily do the same thing.

D

Deleted member 51

I see the logic in that, except for the fact that what I was doing was pretty common for auditors, who quite often see their pc's mental image pictures before the pc does.

I never felt that what I was doing was extraordinary, because I knew lots of others who could easily do the same thing.
I can relate to what you’re saying but don’t think it has anything to do with MIPs. If it does, I think Scientology itself made people create the bank and MIPs just to charge to get rid of them. Fortune tellers do something similar. Put an idea in someone’s head and the brain runs with it.

Since many animals are just as intuitive (some definitely more so than humans), I don’t think this is a special ability.

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)
The only times I've intuitively seen others' pictures was when I was drilling others on course and was intimately interested in what they were doing. In my normal life interactions, when I am overall more interested in my own concerns, it doesn't happen.

I read that women are generally considered far more intuitive than men. Traditionally a woman is very involved in the intimate details of family welfare while the man is the (main) breadwinner. Could it be that this intuition difference relates to the depth of intimacy between the parties concerned? I'm not referring to sex: one doctor could be selflessly intimately interested in a patient's ailments/case while another has his attention spread out more.

HelluvaHoax!

I can relate to what you’re saying but don’t think it has anything to do with MIPs. If it does, I think Scientology itself made people create the bank and MIPs just to charge to get rid of them. Fortune tellers do something similar. Put an idea in someone’s head and the brain runs with it.
Scientology also has Fortune Tellers, but they call them Fortune Dispellers. They help rid the preclear of a fortune of evil cursed MEST money.

Hubbard also "put an idea in (Scientologists') heads". He called it XENU'S BTs!

If he had not done so, a trillion preclears being audited a trillion hours each would never have once come up with an incident involving transporting trillions of scary alien ghosts to earth and implanting them in everyone's bodies.

You are not allowed to mention that to Scientologists because it can "upset their case and sabotage their eternity" (another idea Hubbard put in credulous cultie's heads as part of his series of scary adult ghost stories).

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
Decades ago a fellow staffer claimed that he could make a traffic signal light turn to green as he approached the intersection.

Years later, I found out about traffic intersection coordination.
There are official implementation standards on this at federal and state levels.

So, was there something happening with controlled computerized intersections? Yes!
Were his experiences due to his OT powerz? No!

Last edited:

marra

I audited and c/sed many pcs over a span of about 15 years and this is the first I've heard about auditors seeing a pc's mental images so I don't think it is true to say it happens "quite often".