On Mother’s Day, the moms who suffer and defy Scientology’s cruel ‘disconnection’ policy

Type4_PTS

Some time ago I came across a post from Stacey Brooks she wrote about 20 years ago:

SCIENTOLOGY'S REJECTION OF FAMILY

By Stacy Brooks, President of the LMT

August 13, 2000

Recently at the Lisa McPherson Trust, we helped a woman get out of Scientology. She took her child with her, a child who at a very young age had already been recruited into the Sea Org.

The woman's mother has been in the Sea Org for a long time. She came to the woman's house, extremely upset that the woman had left but particularly upset that she had taken her child out of the Sea Org. The mother brought a sheet of paper with the tape excerpt below. She frantically told the woman that she was throwing away her future and urged her not to let considerations about her family stand in the way of her freedom and that of her child.

The woman told her mother that she didn't want to be in Scientology anymore. Then the woman's mother pulled the child aside and in all seriousness urged the child to file for legal emancipation from the parents so that the child, who is underage, could go back into the Sea Org.

The child was very upset but, according to the woman, is beginning to enjoy interacting with other family members and friends. I asked the woman to fax me a copy of the tape excerpt her mother had given her. When I read the excerpt, it sickened me. I have never seen this excerpt before. I have never seen a quote from LRH in which he so clearly urges his followers to turn away from their families.

Here is the text of the excerpt:

"THE GE IS A FAMILY MAN"

The GE is a family man; the GE is lost without a family. It's very strange, but Homo sap is a family unit. The GE is built on that basis. It's fascinating, fascinating. It's not important to know it but a lot of your urges toward families and so forth are not thetan urges at all, they're the GE. The GE can't survive at all without a family unit. He's just as dead as a mackerel if he isn't a family unit, whereas your thetan is just dead as a mackerel if he gets too mixed up in family units.

You can't talk to GEs; they're kind of psycho. And by the way, you can fall into this dreadful trap with a GE. You see, he uses the MEST universe with which to build. He's gotten very, very bad off and he has to use MEST materials all the time.

So, you get this situation here with the GE, and your GE is busy: build, build, build, build, build. And, of course he's got to have a family to build with.

You get this terrific family thirst. And you get your GE surviving best and being loused up the most because of interfamily relationships.

And your thetan, by the way, can much more easily go into a group. Families are not good groups; they're bad groups."

LRH, From the taped lecture
"Flows: Patterns of Interaction"
10 December 1952

For you to understand why this quote affected me so strongly, I have to translate LRH's Scientology-speak into plain language. First of all, the GE is the Genetic Entity. The Scientology Tech Dictionary defines it this way:

<snip>

Full Post:

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/LMT/family.htm