Omaha people?

Freya

You would probably know my mother and father from the church. You may remember me. I was still a kid when the church closed. You all definitely know who Don Hill was.

D

Deleted member 51

I worked in Los Angeles. Did you ever go there for courses or anything?

Freya

So I found this and never knew about a Church of Omaha.

Says there were 80 to 100 members, is that true?

It was 1983.

I never saw this article. Funny how they don't mention the former leader, Don Hill. He was the real reason behind the "change". He was kicked out and my dad followed him. And, 3 years this Duncan was in charge? Wrong. I was in my dad's wedding in 1982 which Don Hill officiated. He was still running the church at that time.

Freya

I worked in Los Angeles. Did you ever go there for courses or anything?
I was born into it in 1973. My dad went to California for training when my mom was pregnant. I bet you know Marlene, though. She and her husband moved out there from Omaha. We're still in contact.

D

Deleted member 51

I never saw this article. Funny how they don't mention the former leader, Don Hill. He was the real reason behind the "change". He was kicked out and my dad followed him. And, 3 years this Duncan was in charge? Wrong. I was in my dad's wedding in 1982 which Don Hill officiated. He was still running the church at that time.
Interesting. How old were you at your dad’s wedding? Do you have any pics of the wedding you’re willing to post, by any chance?

Freya

I was born into it in 1973. My dad went to California for training when my mom was pregnant. I bet you know Marlene, though. She and her husband moved out there from Omaha. We're still in contact.
I don't want to post her last name without her permission. She still has an account with who knows how much money in it there.

D

Deleted member 51

Marlene was your dad’s second wife?

edited: sorry, no, I get it. That’s too early for me. I wasn’t in Scn then

Freya

Interesting. How old were you at your dad’s wedding? Do you have any pics of the wedding you’re willing to post, by any chance?
I was only 9 at the time and my dad and I aren't in contact. I could give you details but I don't think I have any pictures. There was the obligatory, giant, framed picture of LRH flipping all over the place at the time, of course. Let me see if I can find anything online about Don Hill. Evil is the only word I have to describe him.

D

Deleted member 51

I was only 9 at the time and my dad and I aren't in contact. I could give you details but I don't think I have any pictures. There was the obligatory, giant, framed picture of LRH flipping all over the place at the time, of course. Let me see if I can find anything online about Don Hill. Evil is the only word I have to describe him.
Thanks, Freda! That will help a lot in finding people who knew you!

and by the way, :welcome: 🤗

Freya

This is the link I found regarding Don Hill. This is only some of what he did. One of the "hits" was on my mom. We literally had to flee and hide out in another state for 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freya

[/URL]
This is the link I found regarding Don Hill. This is only some of what he did. One of the "hits" was on my mom. We literally had to flee and hide out in another state for 2 years.
He died quite a few years ago. My dad actually admitted that he was a criminal when we still spoke. I about fell over.

D

Deleted member 51

He died quite a few years ago. My dad actually admitted that he was a criminal when we still spoke. I about fell over.
I’m sorry to hear the troubles he put you through..:heartflowers:
Bte, your link doesn’t work.