Nice to have connected with some of you!

Dex G

I have a saying that is my personal "mantra": "I will never be as Godlike as I aspire to be, but I will continue to aspire in that direction". Well, that aspiration has never been so challenged as it has been in this forum. It has the feel of "the inmates running the asylum", with inane personal attacks being a favored and supported game.
Which is not to say that it hasn't been a pleasure to engage with many of you, who have more to offer, and make that choice. Before joining, I have viewed posts and threads that I found interesting and engaging, while being reticent to join in what in the original ESMB incarnation was all too frequently inundated with unhappy people circling the wagons to take potshots at convenient targets.
When I saw my video posted here, I was moved to clarify one or two things and give it a go, and it took about a week for the weasels and hyenas to come out and do what they do best. Frankly, I'm finding it too demanding to try to maintain a line of conversation while several people inundate my conversations with inane pretend logic to distract, annoy, defame and belittle. Those of you doing this, you think you're an example of being outside and above the mentality of the Church of Scientology, but in reality you are manifesting the same mindtrap. Just because its anything you can find a way to relate to Scientology that you're "fairgaming" and "dead-agenting", that doesn't show that you've "escaped the trap"; you are squarely right there in it, in that game, refusing to actually connect, have empathy, appreciate, and attacking with a rigid, refusing to actually listen, totally defensive attitude. You are not acting or behaving the slightest bit better than the C of S. I invite those of you who are so inclined to connect with me through Facebook or my website, I quite appreciate many of you. That being said, thanks for the experience. Best, Dex

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I have a saying that is my personal "mantra": "I will never be as Godlike as I aspire to be, but I will continue to aspire in that direction". Well, that aspiration has never been so challenged as it has been in this forum. It has the feel of "the inmates running the asylum", with inane personal attacks being a favored and supported game.
Which is not to say that it hasn't been a pleasure to engage with many of you, who have more to offer, and make that choice. Before joining, I have viewed posts and threads that I found interesting and engaging, while being reticent to join in what in the original ESMB incarnation was all too frequently inundated with unhappy people circling the wagons to take potshots at convenient targets.
When I saw my video posted here, I was moved to clarify one or two things and give it a go, and it took about a week for the weasels and hyenas to come out and do what they do best. Frankly, I'm finding it too demanding to try to maintain a line of conversation while several people inundate my conversations with inane pretend logic to distract, annoy, defame and belittle. Those of you doing this, you think you're an example of being outside and above the mentality of the Church of Scientology, but in reality you are manifesting the same mindtrap. Just because its anything you can find a way to relate to Scientology that you're "fairgaming" and "dead-agenting", that doesn't show that you've "escaped the trap"; you are squarely right there in it, in that game, refusing to actually connect, have empathy, appreciate, and attacking with a rigid, refusing to actually listen, totally defensive attitude. You are not acting or behaving the slightest bit better than the C of S. I invite those of you who are so inclined to connect with me through Facebook or my website, I quite appreciate many of you. That being said, thanks for the experience. Best, Dex
Deleted

freethinker

Controversial
Ya know, telling people that they are stuck in something and behaving a certain way and piling on the adjectives of a pejorative nature is not the best way to get people to listen to you.

If you had dropped by ESMB 1 in the last two months you would know your belittle approach was not going to end well.

If you had taken the time to become familiar with people here before you began your diatribe you may have fared much better.

If it wasn't true that you came to promote yourself then striking back at questions about that was a bad approach because it made it seem all the more likely that you were fishing for PC's.

But when you go so far as to say that we are stuck in a Scientology mindset when you are using the always attack, never defend approach, when you're in someone else's house, then you should have known that wouldn't fly and you will be called on it.

Now, with your leaving, it makes it seem like you are an Alanzo projecting your pent up hostilities on others, or worse you came here with the same agenda to destroy the harmony that has been developed here by some really good people who left the field of playing with the mind a long time ago.

You're leaving means you never had any intention of staying but to try to place a stigma on the board so you can go to some facebook group and natter about how awful an experience you had with the intention of driving people away from ESMB redux.

That's OK, because that prevents the type of people who would listen to you say that from coming here, so thanks for keeping those types away.

Good luck Dex. You're going to need it if this is how you operate.

lotus

Gone away from madness!
Indeed!

Many of us are poor flawed people
This is why, you are expected, as a mental health experienced consultant, to display empathy, patience and equanimity that must certainly be written in your code of conduct.

Otherwise, if you lack such basic abilities and core values (in the public space) , your professional association may discipline you! 🙄

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Indeed!

Many of us are poor flawed people
This is why, you are expected, as a mental health experienced consultant, to display empathy, patience and equanimity that must certainly be written in your code of conduct.

Otherwise, if you lack such basic abilities and core values (in the public space) , your professional association may discipline you! 🙄
His professional association?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Wow. Quite the dramatic exit. Sorry you feel that way.

May the force be with you. Always.

lotus

Gone away from madness!
Half serious half humorous

This is why, professional people working in the field of physical and mental healing are accredited by professional associations and have people to supervise their work and conduct, so in any circumstances they don't loose their temper and never ever take it personal.
😉

freethinker

Controversial
I think it was intended comedy.

Dexter isn't associated to any group as far as I understood.
Oh good, for minute there I thought he was going to tattle on us. :cool:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I was going to say something right after I saw his post.

Not to go into all of that, it was just the truth, for me, about why he was accusing some of us (probably me) of being stuck in the old cult, which is kinda not true.

But, for my part, I notice that I am a different person, face-to-face, than I am on the internet. I haven't done posting on blogs much at all, a bit of Facebooking, but I don't think that counts.

I think it's easier to get the truth, emotion, etc. in someone's face and speech than by words on a screen. Looking back at my post concerning how vigilant the group here is, to me when I was typing it, it wasn't an accusation of him, but more of an observation of the folks here on the board, and it wasn't a criticism of them either.

Edit: But I still believe Dex is better off somewhere else.

He can leave the cat.

Last edited:

freethinker

Controversial