New one

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Hi. Never been into Scientology, but I'd met a guy I really liked, who was 2nd gen.
I just want to make sense about the relationship and I found, it was a lot to do with Scientology upbringing.
Hi popc. Welcome to esmbr.

Was there anything about him that stood out for you as being different from 'normal' guys?

popc

Extremely self-sufficient, goal orientated, successful, hard to attach to anyone but had A LOT of short and shallow friendships all over the world, extremely good work ethics, impulsive, brushing off emotions in a sec, detached in a sec, very secretive, didn't care for the consequences of his words, ... But at the same time, he knew stuff about himself and his personality which was actually very odd that someone would know without any therapy, especially cause he was not in the field of psychology... Very deep and sensitive personality... It just puzzled me... And now it makes a lot of sense as I was reading about consequences on adults. I could just see something was odd. A lot of resentments to his parents too, but his mum acts like the most warm and caring mum on the earth. Mouth ful of prise.
But short... An abandoned child, who has to take care of himself for basic needs... an abandoned kid in an adult body.

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Extremely self-sufficient, goal orientated, successful, hard to attach to anyone but had A LOT of short and shallow friendships all over the world, extremely good work ethics, impulsive, brushing off emotions in a sec, detached in a sec, very secretive, didn't care for the consequences of his words, ... But at the same time, he knew stuff about himself and his personality which was actually very odd that someone would know without any therapy, especially cause he was not in the field of psychology... Very deep and sensitive personality... It just puzzled me... And now it makes a lot of sense as I was reading about consequences on adults. I could just see something was odd. A lot of resentments to his parents too, but his mum acts like the most warm and caring mum on the earth. Mouth ful of prise.
But short... An abandoned child, who has to take care of himself for basic needs... an abandoned kid in an adult body.
Thank you for your detailed answer popc, I'm not a psychologist so I wouldn't know what to make of it, but I was interested to hear how a second generation scieno came across to a non scieno. Very interesting.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Hi. Never been into Scientology, but I'd met a guy I really liked, who was 2nd gen.
I just want to make sense about the relationship and I found, it was a lot to do with Scientology upbringing.
Hello and welcome!!!

Get all your questions answered, plenty of people here to help you!

O

Out Ethics

Hi and Welcome.

You defined what happens to normal, nice human beings that get involved with Scientology and raise children in it.
Children are abandoned, taught weird things about life and treated like adults in children's bodies. This is not good for children.
They grow up to be fucked up adults, especially when they don't want to be in Scientology and have to pretend Scientology is okay due to disconnection.
Adult Children of Scientology-a-holics suffer the same issues Adult Children of Alcoholic, Gamblers, Addicts suffer from.
Scientology is a drug. It is hope on a rope for super powers. It is dangled like a carrot for everyone to chase. Only they never get the carrot.
They purchase the hope and then have to be right about it because they invest so much.

What you said -
" but had A LOT of short and shallow friendships all over the world"
This is the product / side effect of being in Scientology.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
A LOT of short and shallow friendships all over the world,
A by-product of Scientology. A true-believer Scientologist cannot have a deep friendship with a non-Scientologist, because (1) very different world-views, and (2) he can't really talk about a central part of his life (Scientology)

A lot of resentments to his parents too, but his mum acts like the most warm and caring mum on the earth.
This may be a sign that he's mentally leaving Scientology, but if he openly does so, then his parents will have to disconnect from him. The situation would leave most people in a weird state.

That describes many kids of Scientologist parents. Scientology is mentally consuming, leaving little time to be a good parent. It was this internal conflict which led me to leave, once I became a parent of young kids.

ADDING: The fact that he's dating a non-Scientologist is an indication that he's not that deep into Scientology anymore. A true-believing Scientologist would not imagine having a serious relationship with a non-Scientologist, unless she was receptive to joining (and I'm assuming you have not been giving him signals of enthusiastic receptiveness about taking Scientology introduction courses)

Last edited:

KathyCA

Scientology teaches that each person is in control of their world and of course, their emotions. So, it makes sense that your ex-scn love interest seems a little detached.
As far as being insensitive with words, I think that is a learned behavior because it is expected that an executive will yell and demean people to get work accomplished.

the only people who got “breaks”aside from meals were those who smoked. So, yes, ex-Scientology Sea Org staff have been demonstrating excellent work ethic and higher than normal productivity levels and these are very hard habits to break.