Mooji Answers — The Master Key to All Problems

Zertel

Sorry, I meant 2015! I give up. [I've since edited the post.]

You're right about the prices; if memory serves, it was about £6,000 for OT3 in the mid-80s.

My position was a bit different; the CofS is supposed to be nice to you when you first join up and do introductory courses, but I had to deal with a forceful and abusive ethics officer who put me off the organisation. I also saw some of the more rigid and unpleasant things that went on, and decided I didn't want to get any further involved (I was also involved with another teaching at the time, which was lucky because I was able to use them as a reason to not go further that the CofS would accept).

About six months later, I decided I needed auditing and, not wanting to go back to the CofS, found an independent group where I spent most of the next four years. I actually took some persuading that the group was OK because of course the CofS courserooms had had warnings about "squirrels."
From your earlier posts I wasn't sure how much experience you had in Scientology. Since you spent four years in a squirrel group you definitely qualify as an Ex Scientologist. Congratulations!!

Cat's Squirrel

From your earlier posts I wasn't sure how much experience you had in Scientology. Since you spent four years in a squirrel group you definitely qualify as an Ex Scientologist. Congratulations!!
Thanks! I had quite a lot of auditing and did a handful of courses including the Student Hat, Comm Course (TRs) and the Ups and Downs course (SP / PTSness) but I never trained as an auditor. The centre, when I first went there, delivered bog standard Scientology but later diversified from that (or squirrelled), becoming one of the first Metapsychology / TIR centres in Europe.

Nonetheless, my auditing up to about OT 1 at least was by the book Scientology, even as far as having to fill out a KSW sheet when I finished a course or level. The centre referred to the OT levels as Advanced Ability (AA) levels 1, 2, 3 etc., and they were a lot cheaper than in the CofS, for example AA 1 was £100 and AA 3 was £350 (this was in the late 1980s).

Last edited:

Zertel

Thanks! I had quite a lot of auditing and did a handful of courses including the Student Hat, Comm Course (TRs) and the Ups and Downs course (SP / PTSness) but I never trained as an auditor. The centre, when I first went there, delivered bog standard Scientology but later diversified from that (or squirrelled), becoming one of the first Metapsychology / TIR centres in Europe.

Nonetheless, my auditing up to about OT 1 at least was by the book Scientology, even as far as having to fill out a KSW sheet when I finished a course or level. The centre referred to the OT levels as Advanced Ability (AA) levels 1, 2, 3 etc., and they were a lot cheaper than in the CofS, for example AA 1 was £100 and AA 3 was £350 (this was in the late 1980s).
That's interesting information and maybe worthy of a separate thread. When I started reading the blogs in 2015 there were still a lot of "Independent Scientologists" and even a few still-ins participating but these days they get mocked and ridiculed and don't bother. Maybe they have other internet social groups where they participate.

I guess at this time I'm the only person with anything to say about non-dualism but the thread is here for future reference.

Side note - TIR, Traumatic Incident Reduction, came up on a blog and I looked into it. The client is called a "viewer" in viewing sessions with a "facilitator". There was a facilitator in a nearby town and I gave him a call just to see if he might have a chat with me about what he was doing. As soon as I mentioned I was an Ex Scientologist he hung up on me! I called back and assured him on his answering machine that I was in no way hostile but he never called back.

www.tira.org

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

That's interesting information and maybe worthy of a separate thread.
It was certainly an interesting and very exciting time for a lot of people who'd either been declared from or run out of money in the CofS, and suddenly found they could have their Bridge again, at more reasonable prices and on much more relaxed terms than they'd been used to.

As an example, one day I was sitting in the lounge waiting to be called up to have auditing on Life Repair, and found myself talking with Otto Roos, the first ever Flag Class XII auditor (a very interesting experience that was)! It was almost surreal looking back on it. I later met Sarge Gerbode, one of the founders of Metapsychology, and Julie (but not David) Mayo.

The pressure to change from a standard tech centre to something else came both from the CofS's determination to enforce its own copyrights and sue anyone who tried to deliver standard tech, and also from the perception amongst the centre's tech people that the standard bridge was lacking in some areas and needed to innovate and bring in ideas from other therapeutic practices and disciplines such as (in the case of Metapsychology) Rogerian therapy.

When I started reading the blogs in 2015 there were still a lot of "Independent Scientologists" and even a few still-ins participating but these days they get mocked and ridiculed and don't bother. Maybe they have other internet social groups where they participate.
Yes, I agree that it seems to have dissipated. There's Ed Dawson's Polar Dynamics forum but that one's a bit esoteric for me (he's blog posted a lot of his ideas and speculations under the name GhostDanse). Geir Isene (an old time OT7 from Norway) used to have a site up too.

There was also John Nunez's Pro-LRH tech forum, but that one seems to have come and gone and was what it said it was; John banned anyone who said anything bad about Ron Hubbard.

Maybe they have other internet social groups where they participate.
Don't know. For myself, I was on the old ESMB under the same user name (Cat's Squirrel), and before that in the nineties and early noughties I was a subscriber to the Independents' magazine IVy and read a lot of posts on alt.religion.scientology (I was a big Ken Ogger fan, in fact that was what took me there though that's another story). Back then I thought the CofS could be reformed, but I don't think that now.

I don't know where you would go for auditing in the FZ now. There used to be a couple of people on the old board who would have known, but they don't post here now. There are also some do-it-yourself resources on places like Freezone Earth.

Last edited:

Zertel

Thanks for your interesting reflections. "It was certainly an interesting and very exciting time for a lot of people . . ."

It was for myself and most of the people I knew back in my day in the 1970's. I had the goal of becoming a professional auditor and making a living at it. I fancied myself as being in a similar role as a psychologist, only better. Giving or receiving metered auditing was a unique experience. I was dealing with a person's innermost thoughts and feelings and I took my job seriously. There was a demand for excellence in all the places where I participated and few people were aware of the rotten core of the organization which the internet and other media has now exposed.

On the two or three times TIR came up on the blogs I was reading it seemed a couple people thought it might have some benefit although they were noncommittal. The background info you posted above has some historical significance in the small and shrinking world of Scientology.

Personally I don't have any regrets about my participation and a few times when the subject of Scientology came up with friends or acquaintances I've been able to explain myself well enough that they don't think I was nuts. haha

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Thanks for your interesting reflections. "It was certainly an interesting and very exciting time for a lot of people . . ."

It was for myself and most of the people I knew back in my day in the late 1970's. I had the goal of becoming a professional auditor and making a living at it. I fancied myself as being in a similar role as a psychologist, only better - lol. Giving or receiving metered auditing was a unique experience. There was a demand for excellence in all the places where I participated and few people were aware of the rotten core of the organization which the internet and other media has now exposed.

On the two or three times TIR came up on the blogs I was reading it seemed a couple people thought it might have some benefit although they were noncommittal. The background info you posted above has some historical significance in the small and shrinking world of Scientology. Personally I don't have any regrets about my participation and a few times when the subject of Scientology came up with friends or acquaintances I've been able to explain myself well enough that they don't think I was nuts. haha
Thanks for replying. I also wanted to become an auditor, but I have an unfortunate neurological quirk; I don't multitask very well (or at all) and you need to be able to to audit other people successfully.

You're right about not many people seeing the rotten core of the organisation. It took me long enough to see it when I was on the old ESMB and had the benefit of hundreds, if not thousands, of posts of other people's experience of the subject to read through.

The one thing above all that I came to realise about the CofS is how utterly consistent they are in only ever considering their own self-interest in everything they do.

Just one of many examples; if you sign an agreement in the "wog" world, you normally get given a copy of the agreement for yourself, and your co-signer keeps another one. Not in the CofS - there's only one copy of the agreement, and they keep it. Once you see that simple fact, it's so obvious that you wonder how you never saw it before.

As for your having no regrets, I feel much the same way about my own time in Scn, though I accept I was luckier than some people. Some things worked and some didn't, but I can't really say I regret my participation at all.

I don't think anyone going into Scn now could replicate my comparatively favourable immersion in the subject, so all I have to say (and do say) is - stay well clear.

Last edited:

Zertel

@Cat's Squirrel - Somehow I inadvertently ended up on Ken Wilber's "Integral Life" Group email list. This guy, Craig Hamilton, is aligned in some way with that group and says he has some new approaches to non-dualism, supposedly a direct conscious approach to "awakening" or something like that. I listened to about half of it and I'll go back later. I'm not interested in following a meditation practice at this time but I like to follow what's going on in the subject.

Eta: I jumped forward and listened to parts here and there. He's giving a general overview and talking about a twelve week course he offers which might be expected. No quick pill to "awakening" like "One Shot Clear" or "Be three feet in back of your head" in scientology.

There is a story in Buddhist lore about a monk who went to his Master, the great Master Tsu, for help with a troubling koan he had been given. The Master asked the monk to give him a low bow and when he did so the Master gave him a swift boot to his posterior. From the unexpected boot the monk was said to have attained "Instant Enlightenment". From that point forward the monk told people, "Since Master Tsu gave me that boot I haven't been able to stop laughing."

Last edited: