Mike Rinder, my friend and comrade

Karen#1

Helluva Hoax I love that you acknowledge the massive contribution of Mike Rinder.
So I am going to share some stories that may not be known about and I think this is a good time to share.
This will appear in a series of 5 stories.
Mike Rinder and I go back to the early 1970s so he is a treasured friend of mine. A COMRADE.
Definition of COMRADE: One who has suffered the same ORDEAL.

We lived through Apollo days with Hubbard.
We both did the RPF gulag.
But Mike Rinder did years in the Hole (I did not) and I will be be telling more on that in due course.

Story #1.

Mike Rinder was a 2nd generation born into it all with no power of choice.
As a very young child he was conditioned into the culture and the doctrines.
At 18 years old he had signed a Sea org contract and was on the Apollo.

One of Mike Rinder's very first assignments was to guard a person in a complete melt down ~~ Bruce Welch.
Bruce was an engineer and one day he went crazy. He got hold of a galley (kitchen) knife the size of a hatchet and went screaming down the aisles
saying he was going to kill Hubbard and stab him 130x

Having someone in a full blown mental breakdown in a confined space like a ship that is threatening to kill can be very unnerving.
Bruce was placed in a cabin where he proceeded to rip out the iron frame bunk beds. He had the strength of madman.

So 18 year old Mike Rinder's first assignment was listening to the roars and insanity of Bruce Welch as he stood outside the cabin door for 8 hours a day for some 3 weeks..... Bruce did recover, but that is a whole other story.

Little did Mike dream what lay ahead of him.

There is an old saying "When you jump into a river, be aware that the currents will take you wherever they will go"
We all jumped into the river by signing Sea Org contracts.
Little did we know where that rushing water would take us (not into the big blue ocean) but head on to rocks and other hazards just ahead.
Mike.Rinder.young.png

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Helluva Hoax I love that you acknowledge the massive contribution of Mike Rinder.
So I am going to share some stories that may not be known about and I think this is a good time to share.
This will appear in a series of 5 stories.
Mike Rinder and I go back to the early 1970s so he is a treasured friend of mine. A COMRADE.
Definition of COMRADE: One who has suffered the same ORDEAL.

We lived through Apollo days with Hubbard.
We both did the RPF gulag.
But Mike Rinder did years in the Hole (I did not) and I will be be telling more on that in due course.

Story #1.

Mike Rinder was a 2nd generation born into it all with no power of choice.
As a very young child he was conditioned into the culture and the doctrines.
At 18 years old he had signed a Sea org contract and was on the Apollo.

One of Mike Rinder's very first assignments was to guard a person in a complete melt down ~~ Bruce Welch.
Bruce was an engineer and one day he went crazy. He got hold of a galley (kitchen) knife the size of a hatchet and went screaming down the aisles
saying he was going to kill Hubbard and stab him 130x

Having someone in a full blown mental breakdown in a confined space like a ship that is threatening to kill can be very unnerving.
Bruce was placed in a cabin where he proceeded to rip out the iron frame bunk beds. He had the strength of madman.

So 18 year old Mike Rinder's first assignment was listening to the roars and insanity of Bruce Welch as he stood outside the cabin door for 8 hours a day for some 3 weeks..... Bruce did recover, but that is a whole other story.

Little did Mike dream what lay ahead of him.

There is an old saying "When you jump into a river, be aware that the currents will take you wherever they will go"
We all jumped into the river by signing Sea Org contracts.
Little did we know where that rushing water would take us (not into the big blue ocean) but with rocks and other hazards just ahead.
View attachment 4258

Thanks for that.

Mike holds a place of great honor from Ex-Scientologists--and perhaps even more importantly from the hundreds of thousands or millions of people who saw, heard or were touched by his whistleblowing body of work, and thereby they avoided becoming entrapped in a vicious cult.

They don't know that outstanding people like Mike (and Leah, you, Jeff and other legendary whistleblowers) are the people they owe a profound debt of gratitude to.

War heroes, all you lovely people!

They don't know the people's names who helped them. Nonetheless, their lives were all touched and forever changed by not taking the road less traveled (to Target II).

Karen#1

Mike Rinder
Story #2
There is probably no more disturbing or troublesome revelation of all of Scn than the sadism and madhouse of SP Hole.
It was a prison camp set up within the cult to mind control and brain wash executive Sea Org Members for YEARS at a time.
Mike Rinder was in SP Hole off and on for some 5 years.
He would sometimes be let out, put on a Tuxedo, give a speech at an INT event, as if all was well and then had to go straight
back to that private Cult Insane Asylum.

Leading up to the order, former members said they noticed Miscavige was extremely agitated and paranoid that there was a plot to overthrow him. The solution to Miscavige's paranoia was to create a prison space which had bars and prison like guards and inmates were not let out and slept under their desks.

The reasons for that could be anything from answering a question wrongly, not answering a question, a facial expression that was inappropriate, falling asleep after being up for a couple of days. Their diet was slop out of a bucket. There was mob frenzy within where they acted out on each other to give up their "CRIMES" and the pressure was to confess their acts against David Miscavige and Scientology. Like "Lord of the Flies" the inmates of SP Hole themselves had meltdowns beating up each other where violence was considered "NORMAL".

Mike Rinder described . a hideous medieval punishment where at one point the "suppressive persons" within were not permitted to WALK but had to crawl all day long on their knees. Mike Rinder has knee scars to this day. His knees were bleeding when he had to crawl around...all this leaked out by others who have long since fled all of scientology and the cult.

Debbie Cook, under oath in the Texas Law Courts described her entry into SP Hole where she had to stand in a garbage bin with a sign around her neck "I am Lesbo" and had water poured over her for 12 hours. (I mention this as sample SP Hole life)

HelluvaHoax!

Mike Rinder
Story #2
There is probably no more disturbing or troublesome revelation of all of Scn than the sadism and madhouse of SP Hole.
It was a prison camp set up within the cult to mind control and brain wash executive Sea Org Members for YEARS at a time.
Mike Rinder was in SP Hole off and on for some 5 years.
He would sometimes be let out, put on a Tuxedo, give a speech at an INT event, as if all was well and then had to go straight
back to that private Cult Insane Asylum.

Leading up to the order, former members said they noticed Miscavige was extremely agitated and paranoid that there was a plot to overthrow him. The solution to Miscavige's paranoia was to create a prison space which had bars and prison like guards and inmates were not let out and slept under their desks.

The reasons for that could be anything from answering a question wrongly, not answering a question, a facial expression that was inappropriate, falling asleep after being up for a couple of days. Their diet was slop out of a bucket. There was mob frenzy within where they acted out on each other to give up their "CRIMES" and the pressure was to confess their acts against David Miscavige and Scientology. Like "Lord of the Flies" the inmates of SP Hole themselves had meltdowns beating up each other where violence was considered "NORMAL".

Mike Rinder described . a hideous medieval punishment where at one point the "suppressive persons" within were not permitted to WALK but had to crawl all day long on their knees. Mike Rinder has knee scars to this day. His knees were bleeding when he had to crawl around...all this leaked out by others who have long since fled all of scientology and the cult.

Debbie Cook, under oath in the Texas Law Courts described her entry into SP Hole where she had to stand in a garbage bin with a sign around her neck "I am Lesbo" and had water poured over her for 12 hours. (I mention this as sample SP Hole life)

These stories have to be gotten out again and again!

They are so unbelievable---that they are unbelievable.

Sheer cult cruelty and sadism.

Keep 'em coming, great and important historical events that are vital to understanding what Scientology actually is.

Karen#1

Mike Rinder
Story #3

Starting in the early 1980s Mike Rinder was made Church spokesman (a post that has never been replaced since Tommy Davis was nuked off the post.

It was a high visibility post with direct micro managing from Miscavige and according to multiple reports from Ex-Int base departures and even from Mike Rinder himself, Miscavige assaulted him with punches and body slams numerous times.

One day Mike Rinder was summoned in the middle of the night to Miscavige's berthing at Int Base. Miscavige emerged in a bathrobe. Without saying a word, he sucker punched Mike Rinder with force head on so that Mike fell to the ground.

Then Miscavige walked back to his berthing. Not one word was said. There was no explanation, there was no accusation. Just mystery.

But a poignant incident that I remember all too well was the death of Mike Rinder's child who was born stillborn in Clearwater. This was in the 1980s. Mike Rinder was at Int base and asked permission to attend the funeral and comfort Cathy.

This permission was DENIED by Miscavige.
He was told to get back on the jobs at hand and had to carry on with work production.

I was Cathy's auditor assigned to audit/counsel her on the death of this child. So quite aside from the news I heard the whole story in great depth.

So I feel extra happy when I see Mike Rinder enjoying and relishing being a father, something he was never allowed to be in the Sea org.

Mike.Rinder.family.jpg

Karakorum

I wish Mike the best when it comes to his new family. David's "war on families" is one of the most disgusting things inside.