Mike Rinder book ~~ less than a month away, it coming soon.

Karen#1

Gallery.Mike.Rinder.png

Gallery Publishing Group is a general interest publisher and a division of Simon & Schuster which houses the imprints Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Scout Press, Gallery 13, and Saga Press.
Imprints: Gallery Books Pocket Books Scout Pr...
Official website: simonandschusterpublishing....
Headquarters location: Simon & Schuster Buil...
Parent company: Simon & Schuster

lotus

Gone away from madness!
I can’t wait this release
I wonder if the pope is shaking
:panic:
Oh, and this year, Scientology will succeed it’s immense unprecedented planetary expansion as a BIG win over suppression :whistle:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Looking forward to seeing what Mike has in store.

I think it is quite plausible that we will get something along the lines of "Blown for good". I think it will be great if we get something like that to increase public awareness of cults and drum up popular support for legal action against them.

Though I personally would be a tad disappointed if it will end up as just a compilation of what Mike already said in his interviews. Don't get me wrong - Mike did and said a lot to help the cause. But at the same time I feel like he always spoke mostly about abuses within int base management - which is good, but we heard about that from a lot of other defectors as well.

What I'm getting at is: I feel like Mike has not been nearly as open or vocal about OSA in specific - information that he alone has and that none of the other defectors possesses. That would be imho the most valuable thing he could share and probably the most dangerous for Miscavige.

Karakorum

To sum up even better: I'd be much happier to get an "OSA - the insider's view" book from Mike, rather than "My story in Scientology" kind of book.

Which doesn't mean I'll hate the latter, just that I'd prefer the former.

Karen#1

I have a different history with Mike, so I see things from my perspertive.
Mike held my hand right through a transition to leave the cult.
He was inspirational to me and I would not be here today if it wasn't for him.
I don't care how much he repeats what he said in a show.

Not everyone listened to all his shows and it does no harm to repeat the more diabolical cult actions.Mikeandfamily.jpg

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Great thread. I'd like to hear what everybody's expectations are for the book,
knowing what you've seen and heard from Mike in the last decade on TV
and from his podcasts. Just curious what the seasoned professional scientology
watchers around here think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will you pre-order the book or wait for the reader reviews to drop?

Type4_PTS

I don't really know what to expect. :unsure:

Like Karen, I do believe the book will be valuable even if much of the material had already been covered as it will reach others who haven't heard it before. And I'm grateful that he just wrote a book, even if that's what was in it. My wishlist for the contents though would include:
1) Helps some public Scientologists, staff, and S.O. members WTFU and leave!
2) Helps inoculate millions more people so they understand the true nature of the organization.
3) Covers some of the crimes that were reported to the FBI by himself and others which they did nothing about.
4) Makes a case for revocation of the tax exemption, detailing what OSA did with the religious cloaking programs.
5) Shows how the Scientology "scriptures" justify and require terrorist-type activities against their perceived enemies.

Probably I could write a much longer list but that's it for starters.

I'll pre-order just because many pre-orders can help it become a bestseller.

Last edited:

onceuponatime

To sum up even better: I'd be much happier to get an "OSA - the insider's view" book from Mike, rather than "My story in Scientology" kind of book.

Which doesn't mean I'll hate the latter, just that I'd prefer the former.
I'm in the same boat, I'd prefer to get the inside view of OSA but I am expecting more of a my story in scientology type book, which I also think is fine.

I want to be wrong, but I'd guess that there won't be much new material or new shocking revelations. For those of us who have been watching his interviews, podcasts, reading articles, etc. I expect we'll know most of the material in the book. But I still think the book is important, sure we might know most of it because we've consumed a lot of material, the general public hasn't. Also the timing is really good. He releases the book, two weeks later we have the Masterson trial starting. Anything that gets the media excited and talking about Scientology.

I'm not too hopeful that Scientology will suddenly collapse, I think it will just continue to fade away, but a negative PR storm catching the attention of the right person could do a lot of damage.

TheSneakster

Can't wait for this. Finally, someone is going to name names, and expose the crimes of the church. Maybe we'll get that FBI investigation we all hope for?
Nope. You haven't been paying attention. Years go, Mike Rinder was interviewed at great length by FBI agents about Miscavige, Gold Base, The Hole, etc.

We may now learn exactly what he told the FBI back then about which he could not speak about in public (due to the ongoing investigation).

Karen#1

Those 2 dear FBI agents were in text communication multiple times a day with Marty and Mike Rinder.
(Marty showed me his cell and some texts when I visited Ingleside-on-the-Bay.)
Then Larry Wright by accident voiced (on Twitter or somewhere) a forthcoming INT base raid
and all hell broke loose.
The 2 dear FBI agents were kicked out of mainstream FBI offices and bundled off to the outskirt Pine Barrens of North Dakota or some similar.
And that was the end of that.
Be lovely to hear the whole story.

Last edited:

statpush

What I'm getting at is: I feel like Mike has not been nearly as open or vocal about OSA in specific - information that he alone has and that none of the other defectors possesses. That would be imho the most valuable thing he could share and probably the most dangerous for Miscavige.
PREDICTION

Mike's book will:
1) Reveal NO crimes that can be acted upon.
2) Will contain superfluous detail and antedotes, none of which will lead to any meaningful reformation in the church
3) Will be loaded with tales of immorality (not illegal) and offensive behaviour (also not illegal)
4) Will not bring down DM or CoS

Mike has been "out" for over a decade. During this time he has not revealed anything which could seriously injure the church. Meaning, anything which would be a credible threat to the non-profit status, or would result in criminal charges. This is from a man who headed OSA Int for decades. He may very well possess information that could bring about the changes we seek; however, his track record tells a different tale.

I'm not saying Mike has done nothing. For a while, he provided a focal point for the ex-community to tell their stories and expose the immoral nature of the church. But, even this has dried up to a point of insignificance. All of this is simply "bad PR" for the church, something they have been accustom to dealing with since their inception.

Remember, Mike is the one who said the enrolment agreements (that he helped design) would never stand up in court. This is not true, as we have all witnessed. Recent judgements give us hope that the church's legal position may be unconstitutional.

What is even more interesting than Mike's "tell-all", is whether he will be subpoenaed in the Masterson case and/or the Paris lawsuit. Mike, under oath, cross-examined by an attorney, is the only way we are going to see any real, meaningful incriminating data.

Karakorum

I do believe the book will be valuable even if much of the material had already been covered as it will reach others who haven't heard it before. And I'm grateful that he just wrote a book, even if that's what was in it.
Agreed. Even a pure autobiography if written in a captivating manner like "Blown for good" will be a very valuable addition.

1) Helps some public Scientologists, staff, and S.O. members WTFU and leave!
2) Helps inoculate millions more people so they understand the true nature of the organization.
3) Covers some of the crimes that were reported to the FBI by himself and others which they did nothing about.
4) Makes a case for revocation of the tax exemption, detailing what OSA did with the religious cloaking programs.
5) Shows how the Scientology "scriptures" justify and require terrorist-type activities against their perceived enemies.
All great points that I would wholeheartedly support. I think I can add a few of my own:

6) More about OSA operational procedures, how they think, how they act. So far I believe the most informative feedback we got about this was from Tory Christensen and she was just an OSA volunteer working with Billy. I'm sure Mike can tell us much more.
7) More about Miscavige's leadership style as a boss, about the way he thinks and plans and what are his management priorities. I think Mike is one of the top 10 people to ask. Wouldn't hurt if Mike again retells the story of int base abuses, but I personally would be more interested in insight into Miscavige's planning - so we could predict what he might do in the modern era.
8) More stories about specific OSA operations aimed to harass and hurt journalists and former members. Also more about OSA coverups of scandals and abuses. Though I understand Mike can't tell us all because of ongoing lawsuits and also to protect the identities of victims and former members who left etc.
9) I think Mike could also tell us more how Miscavige messes with "new writings from Hubbard accidentally found 50 years later" and how in general Miscavige changes and manipulates management and Hubbard's writings to fit his own needs. While that isn't a priority for me personally, I feel this is exactly the sort of information I would want to give to the "still-ins" who want to follow Hubbard's policies.
9) More about "OSA legal" - how they proceed in lawsuits, how they use the law, what they plan to achieve, how are their lawsuits different from those made by other big corporations etc. I think Mike already said a lot about it, but more wouldn't hurt and I think the general public will want to hear this.

Overall I think the story of Scientology as a fraudulent, money-grubbing totalitarian organization is what needs to be told. Most people won't care that much about the details of auditing or even Tom Cruise. But hearing how scientology promotes abuse, which it then covers up, intimidates witnesses and critics with underhanded tactics and then on top of it all uses tons of cash to crush people with bogus and malicious litigation - that is what people will care about.

Last edited:

ExScnStaff

Written on his blog today:

"The book is in fact written FOR Taryn and Benjamin. "

"I wanted to record my life experiences, thought-processes, things about me they never knew, and the lies they have been told about me so, at whatever point they finally wake up, whether I am still around or not, they can hear it from me. And in the meantime, I hope it speaks to a broader audience about how one becomes entrapped in a mind prison, and that it is never too late to change the course of your life, no matter how impossible it seems."

To me that doesn't sound like an OSA expose. It sounds like a heart-wrenching tale, with a knowledge his own children may not reach the point of breaking free of the mind-trap until after he's shuffled off this mortal coil.

Karakorum

To me that doesn't sound like an OSA expose. It sounds like a heart-wrenching tale, with a knowledge his own children may not reach the point of breaking free of the mind-trap until after he's shuffled off this mortal coil.
Well, then it is probably not the "Mike Rinder's book on OSA" that would appeal to me, but as a result it will appeal more to a different audience.

Plus this is Mike's book and this is his life, his children and his wife. Who am I to demand from Mike to change his focus and priorities here?

Type4_PTS

Mike has been "out" for over a decade. During this time he has not revealed anything which could seriously injure the church. Meaning, anything which would be a credible threat to the non-profit status, or would result in criminal charges. This is from a man who headed OSA Int for decades. He may very well possess information that could bring about the changes we seek; however, his track record tells a different tale.

<snip>
Contrary to the disinfo of yours I bolded, Mike has revealed information that could seriously injure the church resulting in criminal charges. Many others have as well. Didn't you see that in the report to the FBI?

lotus

Gone away from madness!
Contrary to the disinfo of yours I bolded, Mike has revealed information that could seriously injure the church resulting in criminal charges. Many others have as well. Didn't you see that in the report to the FBI?
Where can we see this report please ?

lotus

Gone away from madness!
Here are the documents you are talking about I guess:

Church of Scientology Part 05 of 09

It has been so much redacted by the authorities, that we can barely know what it is about :confused:

Type4_PTS

Where can we see this report please ?
We can't see the report and neither can statpush, yet he asserted about Mike Rinder:
"...he has not revealed anything which could seriously injure the church. Meaning, anything which would be a credible threat to the non-profit status, or would result in criminal charges." The implication is that justice hasn't been done because Mike Rinder has withheld information from law enforcement, yet Statpush posted no evidence to support such an assertion.

Sufficient information has been provided to the feds from many people (over 10 individuals) that were interviewed by the FBI. Also, in a different investigation from the feds by a different branch of government additional witnesses were interviewed. That investigation from years ago has not been made public to my knowledge.