mental health podcast seeking ex-Scientologists

mhfilmcomment

Hello, I do a media and mental health-oriented podcast and would like to find an ex-Scientologist who can speak openly about dealing with bipolar, depression, etc.

Thank you.

Veda

Hello, I do a media and mental health-oriented podcast and would like to find an ex-Scientologist who can speak openly about dealing with bipolar, depression, etc.

Thank you.
Don't have any personal accounts of that, but it's noteworthy that Scientology's founder does appear to have had that problem.

At 17:05 and also 18:20, states of depression are described.

See post number three on this linked thread at the very end, re. Virginia Downsborough, who attended to Hubbard, in Las Palmas, during his late 1966/early 1967 nervous breakdown/depression.

Hubbard would have periods of depression which he would "solve" by making "discoveries."

From the 1947 depression (Ref. the letter to the V.A. at the top) came Dianetics, the Modern Science of Mental Health.

From the depression, described in the video, came the Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation and the book Science of Survival (and the nascent forms of what would later be known as Fair Game and Disconnection.)

The next notable period of depression would be addressed with the Virginia Downsborough linked quote, from Russell Miller's Barefaced Messiah. Hubbard "cured" this depression by "discovering" the super traumatic incident called OT 3, and making himself the Commodore of the Sea Organization.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist

Thank you.
Please provide the URL for your podcast here on this thread. :)

Last edited: