Mental First Aid?

Veda

Could Scientology, if it had been less bombastic, and not a cult, have contributed to a subject of what could be called mental first aid?

And this excludes touch and nerve assists, etc., but includes actual mental first aid frrom simple listening, to two way comm, to locationals, to off meter simple incident running, and other simple processes?

Barile

Could Scientology, if it had been less bombastic, and not a cult, have contributed to a subject of what could be called mental first aid?

And this excludes touch and nerve assists, etc., but includes actual mental first aid frrom simple listening, to two way comm, to locationals, to off meter simple incident running, and other simple processes?
lol. more likely it contributed to MkUltra techniques. the very idea that a "science" published entirely by a singular individual with a history like his could be entirely unbiased, falsifiable and somehow infallible, would be and has been rejected roundly by pretty much any and every group of scientists, theologians and former members, and speaks to the capacity of most humans to be completely and utterly incapable of critical thought. hypnosis, propaganda, coercion and sophism are all that is necessary to overtake the unsuspecting, unobservant subject.

here's some light reading.... of recovered documents

Veda

lol. more likely it contributed to MkUltra techniques. the very idea that a "science" published entirely by a singular individual with a history like his could be entirely unbiased, falsifiable and somehow infallible, would be and has been rejected roundly by pretty much any and every group of scientists, theologians and former members, and speaks to the capacity of most humans to be completely and utterly incapable of critical thought. hypnosis, propaganda, coercion and sophism are all that is necessary to overtake the unsuspecting, unobservant subject.

here's some light reading.... of recovered documents

And this excludes touch and nerve assists, etc., but includes actual mental first aid from simple listening, to two way comm, to locationals, to off meter simple incident running, and other simple processes?
I wish I still possessed a copy of Lyndon LaRouche's detailed and lengthy paper on Scientology, written shortly after the Jonestown massacre of 1978. It was probably the most extensive and detailed examination of Scientology as an MK-Ultra project. (LaRouche has been ridiculed, and justifiably so, at times, but has been, and his organization - despite fitting the definition of a cult itself - has been, in spots, the source of some authentic scholarship on economics, classical music, etc.)

I think you would have found his treatise on Scientology to be interesting.

But MK-Ultra is quite a leap from my simple question, a question meant for lurkers who are positively predisposed towards Scientology.

:scratch:

XenuHimself

James Randi, summarizing the 'touch assist': "Giving out only finger-pointing and touching? To a Scientologist, this may be believed to be a huge boon, but to the rest of us, it’s L. Ron Hubbard at his woo-woo best, devising magical gestures that are supposed to bring about the 'miracles'"

Of course, if there is any real science demonstrating efficacy, I would be interested in seeing it.

pineapple

Dianetics and Scientology rest on the promise of clear and OT. That was the draw of these subjects. Once those are revealed as intentional lies, the whole thing falls apart. In DMSMH Hubbard said dianetics could make clears, but there never were any clears. Clear -- a new kind of human being, an evolutionary leap -- was what people wanted, not "mental first aid."

Type4_PTS

James Randi, summarizing the 'touch assist': "Giving out only finger-pointing and touching? To a Scientologist, this may be believed to be a huge boon, but to the rest of us, it’s L. Ron Hubbard at his woo-woo best, devising magical gestures that are supposed to bring about the 'miracles'"

Of course, if there is any real science demonstrating efficacy, I would be interested in seeing it.

I actually liked doing touch assists and nerve assists when in and got some good results. I was surprised to see comments from so many others on the lack of results when they did them or received them.

My feeling about the whole thing is that I was great at maximizing the placebo effect in people I did the assists on, and the placebo effect can be very powerful.

Humans do have subtle energy fields around their bodies too. Whether these assists had any impact on them or not I cannot say.

Veda

Dianetics and Scientology rest on the promise of clear and OT. That was the draw of these subjects. Once those are revealed as intentional lies, the whole thing falls apart. In DMSMH Hubbard said dianetics could make clears, but there never were any clears. Clear -- a new kind of human being, an evolutionary leap -- was what people wanted, not "mental first aid."
It's often the little things that hook a person.

The backdrop for this is people saying, "It's all B.S.," etc. and, then, Scientology or some Scientologist demonstrates one little thing that isn't B.S.

"If this little piece was good then the rest might be good also."

And the person ventures deeper into Scientology.

Bill

The backdrop for this is people saying, "It's all B.S.," etc. and, then, Scientology or some Scientologist demonstrates one little thing that isn't B.S.

You are correct and that's the problem with using ANY part of Scientology. Fortunately, every "useful" bit of Scientology can be found elsewhere, often better.

There WERE useful and interesting bits of Scientology "tech", no question. It's the assumption that, if some are good, others are good as well that is the hook and the trap. Therefore: Find useful solutions elsewhere without the Scientology connection.

pineapple

Exactly what happened to me when I did the Comm Course.

1653266495434.png

lotus

Pfizer DNA biotech frog
Yes, it could possibly have been usefull like mafia.. When you take out the criminal part and the elimination of the ennenies of it, there are some good tools left like:

how to make things go right ,
how to be a valuable member,
how to communicate tone 40,
how to use sanctions and rewards
How to brush your teeth and dress neatly
How to build a successful business...

Last edited:

The short answer is yes. But it would certainly need to be a completely different setup.

Mental first aid would come in under the subject of therapy. When a therapist delivers a session it will be a session that has focus on that particular problem, issue or situation that the client has in mind, and only that. When finished it is a done deal. The therapist has absolutely no intention to suggest that the client becomes a follower of or participant in the method or subject that the therapist applies. That would just be very odd.

Mental first aid from simple listening, to two way comm, to locationals, to off meter simple incident running, and other simple processes applied with a similar intention as the therapist mentioned above will give the result that only whatever situation the client has in mind will be adressed, and that will be the end of that. It won't create scientologists because it is not supposed to.