Leah Remini: Scientology and The Aftermath receives Emmy nomination for the fourth year in a row

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Leah Remini: Scientology and The Aftermath receives Emmy nomination for the fourth year in a row.

Mike Rinder has the news:

Scientology and The Aftermath Emmy Nomination

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Scientology and The Aftermath Emmy Nomination

July 28, 2020 By Mike Rinder

Screenshot-1261.png
Screenshot-1262.png

The Emmy nominations were announced this morning.

This came as a pleasant, but total surprise.

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath has been nominated each year it aired — 4 times in all as the 3 seasons spanned 4 years of eligibility.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Churchill

This fourth consecutive Emmy nomination is particularly noteworthy, and so very well deserved.
Leah and Mike have earned the enduring gratitude of all of us for exposing, as never before, the litany of sordid abuses and criminal acts undertaken by Scientology.
Also, the undisputable fact that the greater Hollywood community has chosen to recognise and honor Leah and Mike’s extraordinary achievement, each and every year of their groundbreaking series, sends a clear, unmistakable message, both to current Scientologists, and particularly to the OSA goons and stooges, that their campaign of silencing, intimidating, and
fair-gaming of victims, and Scientology whistleblowers has been a colossal, and utter failure;
an unmitigated disaster for Miscavige & Co.

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
This fourth consecutive Emmy nomination is particularly noteworthy, and so very well deserved.
Leah and Mike have earned the enduring gratitude of all of us for exposing, as never before, the litany of sordid abuses and criminal acts undertaken by Scientology.
Also, the undisputable fact that the greater Hollywood community has chosen to recognise and honor Leah and Mike’s extraordinary achievement, each and every year of thsir groundbreaking series, sends a clear, unmistakable message, both to current Scientologists, and particularly to the OSA goons and stooges, that their campaign of silencing, intimidating, and
fair-gaming of victims, and Scientology whistleblowers has been a colossal, and utter failure;
an unmitigated disaster for Miscavige & Co.
As I said on Mike's blog (moderation pending), "It is nothing short of a miracle that a show that went three seasons received Emmy nominations for four years straight."

I think you are absolutely right that the fact that the Hollywood community chose to recognise and honor Leah and Mike each year sends a message. I think it was intended to do so. Particularly this year. No one expected the show to be nominated this year. Many people (including me) assumed the show was no longer eligible.