L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman? Book flap material

Veda

• Thanks
Reactions: UTR

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
Was 1987 when Bent Corydon got hush money from the CofS?
I don't know but that has been my suspicion.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Veda

Was 1987 when Bent Corydon got hush money from the CofS?
I don't know but that has been my suspicion.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
You're wrong.

Do you also attack David Mayo? Link to 1986 interview with David Mayo. and to another link provided some more background.

David Mayo had a benefactor who had supported his legal battle with the cult for years and, then, his benefactor, during the mid 1990s, caved and decided to sell the IOU note he had from Mayo to the cult, ending his financial support, and placing Mayo in the position of being heavily in financial debt to the cult with which he was battling. David Mayo had no choice but to settle at that point. Have you attacked him for taking "hush money" yet?

I'm not going to spend any time responding to you, except to post this link to a thread started on old ESMB by Tory Magoo. Its eighth post contains a statement from Corydon from 1991, which appears in the latter part of the Preface of the second (1992) and third (1996) editions of the Messiah or Madman?

Link to Scn original Freedom Fighter Bent Coydon Happy 70th Birthday! thread.

Riddick

I clap to no man
You're wrong.

Do you also attack David Mayo? Link to 1986 interview with David Mayo. and to another link provided some more background.

David Mayo had a benefactor who had supported his legal battle with the cult for years and, then, his benefactor, during the mid 1990s, caved and decided to sell the IOU note he had from Mayo to the cult, ending his financial support, and placing Mayo in the position of being heavily in financial debt to the cult with which he was battling. David Mayo had no choice but to settle at that point. Have you attacked him for taking "hush money" yet?

I'm not going to spend any time responding to you, except to post this link to a thread started on old ESMB by Tory Magoo. Its eighth post contains a statement from Corydon from 1991, which appears in the latter part of the Preface of the second (1992) and third (1996) editions of the Messiah or Madman?

Link to Scn original Freedom Fighter Bent Coydon Happy 70th Birthday! thread.
Hubbards high hopes of smashing his name into history are diminishing pretty quickly in present time, what with covid-19.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
Personally, I don't care if a person takes CofS hush money and goes silent If their only other choice is to risk being homeless... as long as they don't do what Marty did. (But I don't think that what Marty did fooled anyone.)

That's my 2 cents opinion.

Last edited:

Veda

Concurrent with the resolution of all legal disputes in late 1992, the hard bound, and expanded, second edition of L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman? was published in paperback.

Four years later, in 1996, a further expanded, hard bound, third edition was published.

From a few years ago:

A Russian language edition of the book was published in Moscow in 2005.

In 1992, Miscavige wanted the building, the ownership of the copyright of the book, and a complete retraction.

Miscavige received none of these.

Bill Franks and Bent Corydon from a few years ago​

Cat's Squirrel

It seems to me that the Church had its back to the wall back then in the early / mid 90s, and if it hadn't gotten the tax exemptions from the IRS
on religious grounds it may well have finished them off. However, they did get that exemption and (from a financial point of view at least) things started getting better for them from then on.