L. Ron Hubbard biopic of 1997

Karen#1

Hubbard : Go spit in her face !
Diana_Hubbard1982a.jpgDiana.white.jpg
On the Apollo early 1970s a teenage youngster called Jill Goodman became a Hubbard messenger. Beautiful girl, indoctrinated like the rest of the messengers to serve Hubbard's every need.

Hubbard was getting frustrated that Ken Urquhart was not snapping and popping to every whim and fancy, and the solution was to get very young kids that would OBEY.

The way messages were transmitted back in the day on the Apollo long before Internet, was that Hubbard would voice something, and one of his MESSENGERS would run and find that person and relay the message. There was no instant messaging or Emails in the 1970s.

One day, Hubbard sent Jill Goodman to relay a message to his eldest daughter with Mary Sue Hubbard Diana. Diana's office was only some 30' away from Hubbard's Research room (his office.)

Diana responded to Jill but not what Hubbard wanted to hear. Hubbard then ordered Jill to go SPIT IN THE FACE OF DIANA. Messengers were trained to do EXACTLY what Hubbard said to do, so Jill goes and spits in Diana Hubbard's face. Mary Sue Hubbard happened to be behind Jill when it happened and immediately began slapping Jill Goodman's face. Then Mary Sue took off her shoes and hurled them at Jill.

The anecdote is covered in Janis Gillham Grady's book 2 p.338. p339

Hubbard also ordered John Azcel and Roger Barnes the spitting treatment. Chuck Beatty elaborated on the tale. Hubbard sent down an instruct "Go find John Axcel and spiit in his face".

Punishment in the Sea Org is often accompanied with HUMILIATION. (Such as clean the toilets or dumpster with a toothbrush)
Folk tend to think that Miscavige started the spitting era at INT Base. Not so.

It rolls back to Hubbard, 1st known incident is the spitting into his daughter's Diana's face

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Hubbard also ordered . . . the spitting treatment.
When WDC member Larry Brennan (later Denise) wrote about an episode where he received a dispatch
directly from LRH to do just that to someone . . . I was is total disbelief and shock. This was many, many
years ago.

Even though I was anonymous and a lurker (that hasn't changed), I made contact with Larry and spoke
with him on the phone for over an hour. He was very gracious and answered any and all my questions.

Two things I'll mention:

The LRH order via Hemet for Larry to spit on a fellow staff member was real. However, Larry would not
and did not comply. I questioned Larry several times about the whole incident to assuage any doubts
I had at the time.

Larry did receive and hold in his hands a print-out manuscript copy of Omar Garrison's completed book,
L. Ron Hubbard — His Life, His Loves and His Letters. Larry paid Omar by check and handed over the copy
to Norman Starkey. It has never seen the light of day since.

But the spitting thing . . . real!

Gave me a new -- clearer -- insight into Hubbard.

Karen#1

When WDC member Larry Brennan (later Denise) wrote about an episode where he received a dispatch
directly from LRH to do just that to someone . . . I was is total disbelief and shock. This was many, many
years ago.

Even though I was anonymous and a lurker (that hasn't changed), I made contact with Larry and spoke
with him on the phone for over an hour. He was very gracious and answered any and all my questions.

Two things I'll mention:

The LRH order via Hemet for Larry to spit on a fellow staff member was real. However, Larry would not
and did not comply. I questioned Larry several times about the whole incident to assuage any doubts
I had at the time.

Larry did receive and hold in his hands a print-out manuscript copy of Omar Garrison's completed book,
L. Ron Hubbard — His Life, His Loves and His Letters. Larry paid Omar by check and handed over the copy
to Norman Starkey. It has never seen the light of day since.

But the spitting thing . . . real!

Gave me a new -- clearer -- insight into Hubbard.
Ilove2Lurk ~~

I found this little anecdote fascinating.

The orders to spit on long term overwhelmed, overworked, underpaid Sea Org execs came down in writing from Hubbard.

There is a lot of hidden HATE and intention to OVERWHELM behind a senior order to jettison spittle on another human being.

I miss Larry (Denise) ...oh that he could have joined us here.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Larry Brennan's message board name is Lovinglife625 on the other site.

He talks about "spitting orders" in a few posts. That's why I phoned him.
I just couldn't believe it at the time. Here's one post. You can search for
the others, if curious.

Here's the LRH written biography story, which I found very intriguing.
I confirmed every detail over the phone with Larry in 2008.

:hattip: