Kirstie Alley’s daughter: ‘Everyone’ is ditching Los Angeles for Clearwater

Karen#1

Excerpt:

[Lillie Parker and her husband Chaffee Burkhart Graham]

For a few years now, we’ve been telling you that all signs point to it: Scientology is fleeing Southern California, formerly its most formidable stronghold.

That exodus is being led by Scientology leader David Miscavige, who some seven or eight years ago abandoned “Int Base” near Hemet, California about 90 miles east of Los Angeles after it became the focus of an FBI investigation. The compound, also known as “Gold Base,” had been Dave’s primary home for some 25 years, and he had overseen the construction of a massive monument to himself there, the behemoth “Building 50” offices for the Religious Technology Center, the subsidiary that nominally runs the Scientology movement.

After spending tens of millions for the building, including very expensive special interiors meant to be a landmark for the use of just one man, Miscavige simply walked away from it.~~~READ MORE

onceuponatime

I think the way things are heading more and more people will move to LA and CW. If it's a battle between CW and LA I think CW is going to win out pretty easily for a number of reasons. Flag, cheaper, it's nicer than LA, lol. But I would expect LA to have a strong Scientology presence basically until the end. Of course there are a ton of people who won't leave their local field for whatever reason (family, job, etc.) but if a Scientologist is looking for a change and making a big move I would expect them to move to LA or CW. One of the reasons for this is the clearing course/OT levels. For many people taking off 6 months to a year so that they can get through the OT levels isn't feasible. But if they are local that gives them an opportunity to still work and do the OT levels on whatever schedule they can do. CW and LA are the only two places in America where they can do this and it's much easier to move and get a job while still in America than to get setup in a whole new country.

This is going to have a bigger impact on some fields, if the field is already small every person who moves away will be felt. The end result of this will be Scientology gets more and more concentrated in LA/CW. They certainly aren't getting new members locally so as more and more people move the local fields will get smaller and smaller.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I did my OT levels in LA. We just decided to move there, I got a job, got an apartment, and started.

If the OT3 C/S didn't have my folder ready, I didn't sit around like I would at Flag, I just turned around, got in my car, went to the movies and they didn't get a stat that day.

Lee #28

There really is no comparing Clearwater Fla to Los Angeles....

Los Angeles Metro is 33,954 Sq. Miles with a population of 13,131,431

Clearwater Fla is 35.85 Sq. Miles with a population of 115,159. ( and that includes Clearwater Beach...)

It sounds like those Cult Members moving are the wealthy....and long time ins...... And Celebes...

They must be all buying big houses....and eating dinner at the Fort Harrison Hotel....?

Even that apartment that keeps getting hyped as Tom Cruise's new place....its really a dinky building. It is tiny.

And the article above......Kristy Ally's daughter opening an artist studio.....??? Come on...

That is an old Clearwater building....that must be one of the ones bought up by wealthy cult people during that Clearwater buying spree.....to control the land in Downtown... What happened....did the buyer offer 200% or 300% of its true value to get it???

I would speculate that she got connected up via her mom....and got a deal.....and now gets to play artist....

Sure there are some Scientologist owned businesses in Clearwater..... and they must be offering some jobs.... for "regular cult members..."

And I guess it makes sense to live there if you are going to be on OT-7 for 10 years....

Lee #28

Scientology LA and Clearwater are similar in some ways.....

Clearwater Scientology is in a compact area.....

But so is LA's. The Blue Complex....HGB, CC, that new TV Studio.... and other buildings are pretty commonly situated....

But still a lot of this talk is about wealthy moving to Clearwater....like the "Masterson Family...."

Hope this isn't a sign of becoming a new Heaven's Gate situation...

onceuponatime

The wealthy people are the ones making the news but there are plenty of run of the mill scientologists moving to clearwater. It's not just the wealthy moving there. I really do see a future where CW and LA are basically the two places you go to do scientology. I also wouldn't be shocked if it happens fairly quickly too (quick still being years).