Kabbalah & ancient Book Of Changes Parallels

lotus

Ruth's org loyal officer
Veda
are you knowledgeable regarding Carl Jung red book and the mystic part of his work?
Did you ever dig into his work?
Thks
😉

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Aleister Crowley saw that the mystics of the Middle East and the far East were seeing the same thing.
Or that the mystics of Middle and Far East were in contact, which is very likely.

Trade was happening between West and East along the Silk Road back in the Roman times, and probably earlier. No doubt books and mystics were being exchanged as well

Veda

Veda
are you knowledgeable regarding Carl Jung red book and the mystic part of his work?
Did you ever dig into his work?
Thks
😉
I've read parts of the red book. Yes, I've done some digging in his other writings over the years.

Link to a thread on old ESMB. Top video and quote may be of interest to those curious.

Jung talks to his soul or, more accurately,
his "higher self," or perhaps the "over soul."

Scientology doesn't recognize a "higher self."

Note: The lower self (the Earthly self) might be likened to a finger while the higher self might be likened to the body. The finger, forgetting about the body, thinks it's all there is, so the idea goes.

lotus

Ruth's org loyal officer
Thank you Veda,

I will check the thread and the video.
The reason I ask is that I am doing a lot of shadow work for 2 years ; I created my own path as one need to also work on inner child healing and bringing much light to the self in order to allow the courage to dig and see the "dark " shadows. Heal it , then welcome and integrate of the disowned parts of the the self can be done. So this part I know of, it is workable and of great help. It is like coming back home as one Self.

This is a beautiful technique that Carl Jung gave to us as a soul healer;
But recently, I found threads of people discussing the red book. I am wondering if it is really of value, like concrete stuff that shadow work is, or if it is more on the side of esoteric and mystical stuff which I have no real interest.

I wanted to have your input of this book since it is of real value since the edition containing all the drawings is very expensive though.

Thank you for your reply though,
I will check the infos on the links.

🙏

lotus

Ruth's org loyal officer
Yes it is the shadow work he is doing.
It is probably in the beginning he found this technique, (very similar to shamanic soul recovery) since he later found one must lighten up the self, be in a calm contemplative state to then go meet the shadow parts. It is like the adult, looking for the hurt child, sending him love, lights, secure him, take his hands and bring back the child home so he knows there is an adult to take care of him.

I had never listened to him using part of the technique before.. It is very interesting

Thank you 😊

But can you tell me what you think of the red book. Was it of value for you???

😏

Last edited:

Veda

Yes it is the shadow work he is doing.
It is probably in the beginning he found this technique, (very similar to shamanic soul recovery) since he later found one must lighten up the self, be in a calm contemplative state to then go meet the shadow parts. It is like the adult, looking for the hurt child, sending him love, lights, secure him, take his hands and bring back the child home so he knows there is an adult to take care of him.

I had never listened to him using part of the technique before.. It is very interesting

Thank you 😊

But can you tell me what you think of the red book. Was it of value for you???

😏
I haven't yet read enough of it to venture an opinion.

Back to the main topic of the thread. There are not only parallels between the Kabbalah and the Book of Changes, but between these and such things as Hubbard's Four Conditions of Existence (As-Is-ness, Alter-is-ness. Is-ness, and Not-Is-ness), which correspond with the Kabbalistic tetragrammaton, which is the four basic and successive postulations of the/a life source(s).

Some of my early posts on the (now) mangled Sole Source Myth thread may be helpful.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Or that the mystics of Middle and Far East were in contact, which is very likely.

Trade was happening between West and East along the Silk Road back in the Roman times, and probably earlier. No doubt books and mystics were being exchanged as well

I don't think books and mystics were being exchanged in Roman times. You have to look at the history of books.

If you were to put yourself in those times, lots of time would transpire, I mean it would take a long time to travel about, no cars or airplanes. Did somebody have a book in hand?

The history of books is interesting. Whether this link is true or not, I don't know.

How do we know Hubbard read the red book, and Kabbalah and the Book of Changes?

What's quite interesting though, Hubbard thru his rhetoric said Books Make Booms. that's how he made his money.

Veda

I don't think books and mystics were being exchanged in Roman times. You have to look at the history of books.

If you were to put yourself in those times, lots of time would transpire, I mean it would take a long time to travel about, no cars or airplanes. Did somebody have a book in hand?

The history of books is interesting. Whether this link is true or not, I don't know.

How do we know Hubbard read the red book, and Kabbalah and the Book of Changes?

What's quite interesting though, Hubbard thru his rhetoric said Books Make Booms. that's how he made his money.
Hubbard didn't read the Red Book.

He read the Kabbalah. Much of Scientology is derived from the Kabballah and Crowley.

Still curious? Time to do your own research on the topic.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Hubbard didn't read the Red Book.

He read the Kabbalah. Much of Scientology is derived from the Kabballah and Crowley.

Still curious? Time to do your own research on the topic.
yes, I've read much over the years. Can you point to where hubbard said he read the Kabbalah?

And so what if he did? But I'd like to learn when hubbard said he read the Kabbalah, I've researched much and don't recall hubbard saying the Kabbalah. Fill me in please.

So if he derived scientology from Crowley and the Kabbalah, what does that matter when one thinks about it. In the end nobody went clear or OT nor returned from past life.

I think, of course you and others are tired of me saying this, but it was hubbards rhetoric that got people involved and continued to stay until a breaking point.

But anyways, I'd like to know if hubbard read the Kabbalah? Can you prove this?

Last edited: