Just an interested party

Kingnerd7

Rabbit chaser
Not now not ever been part of the nonsense. Never really thought much about it to be honest. It was kinda there. Existed but it was for the crazy ppl like tom cruise. (After watching most of Leah's show I can't watch any movie with Tom in it anymore)

But I worked for a lady once. I was kinda like the assistant manager. I wasn't in charge but I could keep things going if I needed to. Anyways. One day she just takes off. For some sort of cleansing thing.

I had actually been interviewed by a "friend" wearing a scientology jacket. So that was warning sign one. Second. Ppl in the establishment would mention little things here and there about weird scientologist ppl sometimes showing up and locking themselves in a room with the boss for hours. Third. She really pushes vitamins and other holistic stuff that we all know doesn't really work.

So she's.just gone for like 5 weeks. And I'm keeping things going the best I can. And then covid happens. Well she shuts down the place for 3 weeks. Paid us for 1. Then I get a call some time later that I'm no longer needed.

At first I didn't think anything of it. Covid is a big deal. Stuff is happening. And some ppl just can't afford the staffing they used to have. So whatever.

But then. One day scientology just came to mind again. And I started looking into it. Watched some videos like "10 crazy things about scientology" or "you won't believe what scientology actually teaches" and all that eventually led me to remember that actress from that sitcom I used to love. Oh yeah. She left and has started talking about it. So I started watching Leah's show. And it is horrendous. Fascinating. But disgusting. And after watching all that I think she must have fired me because I take antidepressants and that I'm gay. Like honestly most ppl don't know and can't tell I'm gay. It's no one's business so I keep my private life private. But now I think...maybe she had me followed or researched or something.

So that's it. Not a huge story. Just a story about a scientologist I used to work for.

Peace love and fairy dust

onceuponatime

It's possible your name came up in a pts interview or something so you had to be handled as the who but I think there's also a chance that this is just the state of the current economy. A lot of places going out of business or downsizing.

Kingnerd7

Rabbit chaser
It's possible your name came up in a pts interview or something so you had to be handled as the who but I think there's also a chance that this is just the state of the current economy. A lot of places going out of business or downsizing.
What is a pts interview? I had to do that personality test before I was hired. And this is more speculation than anything. After watching so much of the Leah remini show(almost done with season 2) it all just makes me so paranoid. It's not enough to make me change a damned thing but enough that if I find out someone is a scientologist then I will "disconnect" from them because I find them an oppressive person. But as far as I'm aware(and after some cursory googling) there doesn't even seem to be a "church" even in my state. So I prob ably got unlucky and ran into 1 of the maybe 5 scientologists within the tristate area.

Zertel

What is a pts interview? I had to do that personality test before I was hired. And this is more speculation than anything. After watching so much of the Leah remini show(almost done with season 2) it all just makes me so paranoid. It's not enough to make me change a damned thing but enough that if I find out someone is a scientologist then I will "disconnect" from them because I find them an oppressive person. But as far as I'm aware(and after some cursory googling) there doesn't even seem to be a "church" even in my state. So I prob ably got unlucky and ran into 1 of the maybe 5 scientologists within the tristate area.
pts = potential trouble source
There is an expanded scn definition but the expression is rather self explanatory. "the who" which is mentioned above would be an attempt to discover "who" is causing problems in a business or organization.

Anyhow, welcome! In case you never heard it before there is an expression about people who were never in scn or another cult "falling into the rabbit hole" when they start following scn, referring to Alice falling into a rabbit hole into Wonderland. It's an "interesting" subject to say the least. Have fun!

P.S. You are in no danger from once working for a scn business. Nobody will bother you.

Last edited:

onceuponatime

It would be something your boss/owner did where they look for basically "troublesome" people around them. If it was known you were in antidepressants you could've come up and she would've then had to "handle" you, in this case probably fire you.

I think this is probably unlikely and more likely it's just a sign of the times. You're in no danger of them coming after you or anything. I respect your decision to never work for a Scientology company, makes sense to me.

If you haven't seen it the hbo documentary going clear is a much watch.

Kingnerd7

Rabbit chaser
pts = potential trouble source
There is an expanded scn definition but the expression is rather self explanatory. "the who" which is mentioned above would be an attempt to discover "who" is causing problems in a business or organization.

Anyhow, welcome! In case you never heard it before there is an expression about people who were never in scn or another cult "falling into the rabbit hole" when they start following scn, referring to Alice falling into a rabbit hole into Wonderland. Have fun!

P.S. You are in no danger from maybe once working for a scn business. Nobody will bother you.
Falling down the rabbit hole is exactly how I described it to my mom!

And I hate acronyms lol

And I don't know how active I'll be. But I'm always up for.meeting new ppl!!!

Kingnerd7

Rabbit chaser
It would be something your boss/owner did where they look for basically "troublesome" people around them. If it was known you were in antidepressants you could've come up and she would've then had to "handle" you, in this case probably fire you.

I think this is probably unlikely and more likely it's just a sign of the times. You're in no danger of them coming after you or anything. I respect your decision to never work for a Scientology company, makes sense to me.

If you haven't seen it the hbo documentary going clear is a much watch.
I have the hbo extension on hulu. I'll hafta look it up! Any good books I should get? Or podcasts?

I probably wouldn't even be friends with an active scientologist.

onceuponatime

Going clear (the book), madman or messiah and piece of blue sky are the big three as far as books. There's a ton more tho. I'd start with going clear the book. It's fantastic.

TrevAnon

Big list researcher
A rabbit hole it is:

A few downloads for books: A Piece of Blue Sky (1990)

and the big list in my sig.

marra

The book Bare Faced Messiah by Russell Miller tells you everything you need to know about L Ron Hubbard. It was a real eye-opener for me after spending 15 years in the cult.

Kingnerd7

Rabbit chaser
I would really like to meet some ex members. Just for my own morbid curiosity. I am so glad that ppl are leaving. For whatever the reason. I feel like some ppl might just need a hug and be told everything is ok.

marra

I would really like to meet some ex members. Just for my own morbid curiosity. I am so glad that ppl are leaving. For whatever the reason. I feel like some ppl might just need a hug and be told everything is ok.
If someone has recently left scientology I don't think they would appreciate a big hug. They have been taught that emotions such as sympathy are "low-toned" and therefore bad. They would also still be under the impression that they know more about life than you do so they probably wouldn't want to hear anything you have to say. In my opinion the best person to reassure an ex-scientologist is another ex-scientologist. That's what worked for me anyway. RIP Arnie Lerma.

Kingnerd7

Rabbit chaser
If someone has recently left scientology I don't think they would appreciate a big hug. They have been taught that emotions such as sympathy are "low-toned" and therefore bad. They would also still be under the impression that they know more about life than you do so they probably wouldn't want to hear anything you have to say. In my opinion the best person to reassure an ex-scientologist is another ex-scientologist. That's what worked for me anyway. RIP Arnie Lerma.
I just wanna help. And I am an emotional person. Emotions are what make us human. And besides I'm already a low tone cuz I'm gay.

marra

I just wanna help. And I am an emotional person. Emotions are what make us human. And besides I'm already a low tone cuz I'm gay.
Yes I know you are trying to help. I'm just pointing out that scientologists aren't normal people in the sense that hugging and expressing sympathy won't work with them.

Reactions: UTR

Kingnerd7

Rabbit chaser
Yes I know you are trying to help. I'm just pointing out that scientologists aren't normal people in the sense that hugging and expressing sympathy won't work with them.
I doubt I'll ever actually run into another much less an ex. But if I do I will remember your advice.

Whattodo

Sympathy is low toned? That explains alot in my dealings with current scientologists