Juliette Lewis, born and bred in the cult, daughter of actor Geoff Lewis RIP

Karen#1

Juliette shattering suppression: “The thing about Scientology is it is anti-drug in that you’re seeking relationship or communication tools – simple basics on how to live better.”

How sad to see this. She showed so much promise winning an Academy award nomination for her acting in 1991’s Cape Fear.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Who is RIP for? I don't see anything about Juliette dying in news, and Geoff died 5 years ago.

Lee #28

Juliette shattering suppression: “The thing about Scientology is it is anti-drug in that you’re seeking relationship or communication tools – simple basics on how to live better.”

How sad to see this. She showed so much promise winning an Academy award nomination for her acting in 1991’s Cape Fear.

Did she do this video when Britney shaved her head?

Yea, Juliette is pretty f ed up ....

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Being raised by Scientologist parents can mess someone up pretty good. It seems that she is backing away from Scientology these days, so that's a good sign. Hopefully, she is doing better.
i suspect involvement in scientology also causes actors' careers to stagnate in a number of ways, given how many who were already somewhat successful but never really advanced much farther after they joined -- for example, those who had gotten Oscar nominations mostly ceased even achieving that after getting heavily involved, and i don't believe any have won one while an active scientologist -- to and how many others are just perennial d-listers.

my theory is that the first factor, is that auditing in its attempt to 'run out' mental and emotional material, reduces actors' emotional range, and what they have to draw on.

another is that scientology becomes such a focus of members' lives that it cuts into actors' professional development, both in time and resources; it probably for example discourages them from pursuing stage work, which is typically not very remunerative but often a key way that actors hone their craft.

Nicole Kidman is a shining example of someone who has soared to incredible heights after getting free of scientology. in addition to her movie roles and multiple Oscars, she has been lauded and received major awards for her stage work -- which she did a lot of on her way up. meanwhile her former spouse in scientology apparently has never gotten over his reported fear of being on stage, and has gone from playing diverse roles that once garnered him award nominations, to now flopping at everything outside of one rote and wooden role that happens to be lucrative.

Barile

well.... this is gonna make me sound old. fuck it. Geoff was certainly my best friend during my years at CCLA. I audited him and later we would hang out at the Hollywood health club, trying to be buff etc. He was the best man at my wedding and my wife at the time, Pam, and I would baby sit for Juliette and Lightfield at Geoff's house which was across the street from Yamashiro. They were no more than 3 or so years old at the time. When I left in 1980, he was the only person still "in", that would have anything to do with me. He had remarried Tracey Shapiro, who had also routed out, and she invited me to his birthday party. He had bought a small horse ranch... think it was in Thousand Oaks or Sherman Oaks. One of those oaks. If you knew Geoff, you knew he was truly a unique character, probably as different an individual as I'd ever met. I think he openly studied people, their movements, speech patterns, personality quirks, and would actually practice mimicing them.. in real time... right then and there. He liked to laugh, and did so with impunity. One of the last conversations I had with him, he told me he and Tracey had divorced. I said, "wow, I'm sorry man. you know I loved Tracey." He said, "Don't be sorry." I said, "Ok.... I'm NOT sorry." He then mimiced, "Ya.... I'm NOT SORRY", in a more professionaly defiant tone... and then laughed. I also knew Juliette's real mom, Glennis, so I can compare and contrast what I see here.
What I see is a bit spooky to me. She seems to be exactly channeling Geoff, or at least one of Geoff's fake dramatized tyrades, where the content of the speech is almost irrelevant to the physical dramatic interpretation. Almost like seeing him do this... ya know... with hair and all.
Been considering determinism lately, kickin' around what gives. I'm pullin' for the free will crowd, but the score is tied and the clock is ticking.
Go Speed Racer... go.
( "in joke", if you knew Geoff )