Ignoring history can do more than doom one to repeating it...

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
I think that the majority of those who still cling to Scientology despite the abuse suffer from Euphoric Recall Syndrome. They remember only exaggerated memories of the good, minus the negative memories like in other addictive scenarios such as drug addiction. It's easy for ex's to slide from one addictive scenario to another. Their sense of reality regarding Scientology becomes entirely skewed and Scientology preys upon that.
Euphoric Recall Syndrome

O

Oat Tea Ate

I think that the majority of those who still cling to Scientology despite the abuse suffer from Euphoric Recall Syndrome. They remember only exaggerated memories of the good, minus the negative memories like in other addictive scenarios such as drug addiction. It's easy for ex's to slide from one addictive scenario to another. Their sense of reality regarding Scientology becomes entirely skewed and Scientology preys upon that.
Euphoric Recall Syndrome
Honestly, I do not have any good memories from Scientology. Oh, wait a minute - something is coming up. Oh yeah - the Christmas Implant Beer and Cheese party and Secret Santa. I got to eat something other than ramen noodles and I got a flashlight from my Secret Implant Santa - which came in handy to check on the Org when I did the night watch cuz the SP's and Psych's were coming after us cuz we were expanding and winning! LOL:whistle:

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
Honestly, I do not have any good memories from Scientology. Oh, wait a minute - something is coming up. Oh yeah - the Christmas Implant Beer and Cheese party and Secret Santa. I got to eat something other than ramen noodles and I got a flashlight from my Secret Implant Santa - which came in handy to check on the Org when I did the night watch cuz the SP's and Psych's were coming after us cuz we were expanding and winning! LOL:whistle:
I think that Scientology tries to capture one's fleeting euphoria obtained from auditing by sending people quickly to the examiner before the buzz wears off so as to cement in place the euphoric memory for you to chase and attempt to relive forevermore. Just like drug addicts are forevermore chasing the ghost of that original rush when they first got off on a drug, Scientology does the same. The buzz I got from the com course was always something I tried, and failed, to recapture and I ultimately went back to retread the com course only this time I got zilch out of it. So I quit chasing the ghosts of my initial Scientological buzz's and got the fuck out and have had them chasing and harassing me ever since. When I trained on the grades I was astounded to see how little there was to any of it, never did get that com course buzz back even though I'm prone to reliving past euphoria's while equally prone to endeavoring to forget past pain. The whole point of my interest in Scientology was to get rid of and therefore forget the pain of the past.
I wish I could say I had no good memories of Scientology like you, but I did and they kept me pinned down for a decade.

O

Oat Tea Ate

I think that Scientology tries to capture one's fleeting euphoria obtained from auditing by sending people quickly to the examiner before the buzz wears off so as to cement in place the euphoric memory for you to chase and attempt to relive forevermore. Just like drug addicts are forevermore chasing the ghost of that original rush when they first got off on a drug, Scientology does the same. The buzz I got from the com course was always something I tried, and failed, to recapture and I ultimately went back to retread the com course only this time I got zilch out of it. So I quit chasing the ghosts of my initial Scientological buzz's and got the fuck out and have had them chasing and harassing me ever since. When I trained on the grades I was astounded to see how little there was to any of it, never did get that com course buzz back even though I'm prone to reliving past euphoria's while equally prone to endeavoring to forget past pain. The whole point of my interest in Scientology was to get rid of and therefore forget the pain of the past.
I wish I could say I had no good memories of Scientology like you, but I did and they kept me pinned down for a decade.
You nailed it. I am sure I had some type of buzz from something I did but there was so much pain and suffering inflicted from losing your identity and taking on a cult identity, the pain memories stand out for me. Cognitive Dissonance hurts. Scientology calls it "confusion blowing off". It is a shattering of your mind over time.